HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guess who is available?

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2005, 12:19 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
Guess who is available?

Pavel Brendl! Imagine that! He's unsigned!

Old
08-06-2005, 12:24 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

I'd sign him for a year. Last NHL season he looked to finally be doing something in the 18 games he played, 5 goals, 8 points. Could have had a 22 goal, 36 point season. Sure he's a bust, but maybe he could find a way on the 2nd line?

Old
08-06-2005, 12:49 PM
ftyutin51

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
I'd sign him for a year. Last NHL season he looked to finally be doing something in the 18 games he played, 5 goals, 8 points. Could have had a 22 goal, 36 point season. Sure he's a bust, but maybe he could find a way on the 2nd line?
2nd line? I rather have Balej on the 2nd line (if he isn't on the 1st), or Lundmark with Nylander. Brendl should go on the 3rd or 4th line, IMO. Only if he trained really hard and managed to put over 20+ points, then maybe.

Old
08-06-2005, 12:50 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftyutin51
2nd line? I rather have Balej on the 2nd line (if he isn't on the 1st), or Lundmark with Nylander. Brendl should go on the 3rd or 4th line, IMO.
I meant if he shows it and earns it..not just throw him on there.

Old
08-06-2005, 12:54 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

if we were to resign him, as soon as he sees

Quote:
the hog dog wagons he will lose all self control!

Old
08-06-2005, 03:33 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
As soon as he sees the hot dog wagons he will lose all self control!
Maybe we could hang a few doggies in the opposing goal. At least you know the kid would go hard to the net.

Old
08-06-2005, 10:23 PM
natureboy*

It's amazing Brendl and lundmark were dudes. I was doing handstands that day. I really thought those two were going to be legit.

Old
08-06-2005, 10:48 PM
in the hall

Quote:
yeah because 18 games can equal a season.....?

Old
08-06-2005, 11:01 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
yeah because 18 games can equal a season.....?

Old
08-06-2005, 11:12 PM
in the hall

yup and maybe if you had a little bit of common sense you could see how ridiculous that notion was

Old
08-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
If they didn't sign so many forwards already, I don't think it would be a bad move. This guy has a lot of talent and deadly shot. He also started to come around with Carolina before an injury shut him down.

Old
08-06-2005, 11:42 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Brendl VS Medvedev in a 10 meter race (since they'd get too tired if it was anything longer).

Fastest wins a contract.

Old
08-07-2005, 01:38 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille!
Brendl VS Medvedev in a 10 meter race (since they'd get too tired if it was anything longer).

Fastest wins a contract.
LoL, put an ice cream stand at the end, and my money is on Medvedev!!

Old
08-07-2005, 06:16 AM
Rodent

Quote:
I'd sign him for a year.
Would you now?

Let's see.... He was first booted from Trinec after playing in two of the first six games last fall. Then he was fired after a few games for Jokipojat Joensuu of the second Finnish league. Then it was German team Krefeld and then Olomouc of the Czech first underleague. He was even booted from Thurgau which isn't even in the top Swiss league - though one report had that firing the result of a rules violation by Thurgau having too many foreigners.

He had more jobs than goals last season.

One of my message board posters said it best:

Quote:
But Brendl plays so well in NHL 2K3.

Well, not really. He sucks there too.

Old
08-07-2005, 06:27 AM
Brad*

Brendl is such a pathetic situation. 99% of us here would kill to have his talent, yet he doesn't appear to be interested in using it. Not worth the roster space guys - I'm sure someone who actually tries reasonably hard could be had.

Old
08-07-2005, 06:27 AM
eco's bones

This guy is bad news.

Old
08-07-2005, 09:24 AM
free0717

I would sign him to a two way contract. He has to earn his way onto this team.

if he doesnt make the team and the Rangers want to get rid of him for 75K(minor league salary) then sign him.

Dont sign this guy to a one way contract.

Then he will have to earn his money.

Old
08-07-2005, 10:08 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

You were not alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy
It's amazing Brendl and lundmark were dudes. I was doing handstands that day. I really thought those two were going to be legit.
I was so pumped that day. It looked like we were doing the right thing. Then I went to opening night here in Atlanta when the new building was opened and the NYR played an exhibition game vs thrashers. I took my whole family, wife, daughther, son-in-law, my other daughter and my son. I was stunned at what I saw that night. My whole family saw I was upset and couldn't understand what was the matter. I could not believe what I was seeing.

By the time of that preseason game there were rumblings that Brendl was not as billed. There were little pieces here and there about the kids desire and such. I wanted to see for myself. I usually don't put much credence in reports by some of the NY writers because, like in this case, they were on board and did no homework other than basically what the organization was telling them about the 2 kids.

Brendl was a huge question mark in my mind after that game. I reserved my opinion on Lundmark, but was not at all impressed by the fact that a stiff breeze from a passing player could knock him off the puck. Some people on here can't believe that I could make such an assessment. I go back to when I 1st saw Brad Park play up in canada before the rangers drafted him, or watching Ken Dryden play for Cornell in th eold ECAC holiday festival. You know talent when you see it. You know when you are watching a player with talent that should transfer itself to the next level. Brendl that night surely sent shivers down my spine, but for all the wrong reasons.

To me his & Lundmark's selection s that year, plus the trading away of the other assets in those deals, coupled with the mess with allowing Messier to depart, the signing of Skrudland & Keane were the destruction of the Rangers and the core reason behind the sad state of affairs we find oursleves in. Sather compounded it by not recognizing what was going on and not ripping the whole organization down instead of his trying to rebuild one part while continuing the maddness on the rangers squad.

Old
08-07-2005, 12:11 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
I would sign him to a two way contract. He has to earn his way onto this team.

if he doesnt make the team and the Rangers want to get rid of him for 75K(minor league salary) then sign him.

Dont sign this guy to a one way contract.

Then he will have to earn his money.
Sorta agree depending on how decent a teammate he is (don't want him being a bad influence on prospects in Hartford).

His window of opportunity is closing fast and I still hold out some hope that the "light" will go on in his thick skull.

Old
08-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Signing Brendl would completely be depending on his attitude towards teammates and the game at this point. If he could pull it together, I wouldn't hesitate on bringing him in one bit. If it's still the same old same old, I wouldn't want him anywhere close to a Rangers/'Pack jersey. His upside is tremendous and his downside is viral. Simple as that.

Closed Thread