HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Desharnais - I don`t get it !

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2011, 11:24 PM
  #76
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
thats great lets get on the DD parade to the cup

see you on Cresent street in JUNE
really?

reading comprehension problem?

he's a 3rd/4th line center. who the hell wins a cup with their 3rd or 4th line center?

i'll repeat it again, NOBODY is saying that he's a replacement for our two current first and second line center (pleks + gomez) or even our future first or second center (eller). he is what he is and he's doing a better job than most 3rd or 4th line center in the nhl right now

ah **** it, you're hopeless...

edit: actually, you say that there are 'too many flaws in his game'. first of all, besides the fact that i don't agree that there 'too many' flaws in his game, there certainly are, but not that many.

so after 40 odd game, you have decided that he will never improve on those supposed flaws?

you're the kind of fans that will ask for guys like dags or s.k. to get traded because of some imaginary or real flaws that you see, then complain right after they're traded that we should have kept them.

i also like the bit about getzlaf and richards. hindsight is 20/20 and a lot of teams missed the boat on those players.

what's next, you're gonna blame the habs for missing out on datsyuk, or trading leclaire?

can't have it both ways


Last edited by MasterDecoy: 04-11-2011 at 11:32 PM.
MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 02:48 AM
  #77
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,637
vCash: 500
Desharnais is -3 playing paper soft minutes. The talent is there but it needs refinement before he is defensively capable enough to get to play serious minutes against good NHLers. The key to the Canadiens success is their commitment to team defense and that shouldn't be thrown away to watch a rookie razzle-dazzle. Subban now gets to razzle-dazzle because he's developed into a strong defensive presence which allows him to play serious minutes. Pacioretty managed to prove he belonged after a couple years of struggling on the bottom lines and Hamilton. People need to relax and let Desharnais grow into a larger role rather than have it thrust apon him. The same applies to both Eller and Pouliot.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 03:16 AM
  #78
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
buddy you called it 100% Its not the kind of player you win a Championship with, too many flaws on his game.

thats precisely my point ...he is a bandaid patch work type of player

I have nothing but respect for the guy but WTF are we going to win this guy on the third line ? on this small roster ?

like you said my friend Eller has played better but doesnt get a sniff on the PP but DD hasnt scored in 16 games and we are praising him , cmon

its ok if we had 2 studs like Getzlaf and Richards down the middle and he is your change of pace # 3 with 2 solid big grinders who can chip in 15-20 a year .

but thats not the case ...we are a small team and adding more of it makes no sense

especially when he is not better than the small guys I have .
I'm not sure why, but I'm rarely convinced by someone who uses terms such as "cmon", "buddy", "my friend" and "WTF" as arguments and who doesn't use capital letters, periods and apostrophes.

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 07:11 AM
  #79
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I thought about getting more vocal when Jacques Martin started to listen to the peanut gallery and began sitting him out regularly ....... with disappointing results.

But the last straw was the Dawes versus Pyatt thread. It just seemed like the posters here were finding ever more players to rank above Pyatt, when the results of benching him in favour of other bottom-sixers were ALREADY poor.

I do apologize for sounding like a broken record!
Pyatt brings NOTHING to this team. He just has speed, no skills or grit. And for fourth liners, I think the Habs should have more physical players. Pyatt only exist on a typical Martin team.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 09:39 PM
  #80
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
really?

reading comprehension problem?

he's a 3rd/4th line center. who the hell wins a cup with their 3rd or 4th line center?

i'll repeat it again, NOBODY is saying that he's a replacement for our two current first and second line center (pleks + gomez) or even our future first or second center (eller). he is what he is and he's doing a better job than most 3rd or 4th line center in the nhl right now

ah **** it, you're hopeless...

edit: actually, you say that there are 'too many flaws in his game'. first of all, besides the fact that i don't agree that there 'too many' flaws in his game, there certainly are, but not that many.

so after 40 odd game, you have decided that he will never improve on those supposed flaws?

you're the kind of fans that will ask for guys like dags or s.k. to get traded because of some imaginary or real flaws that you see, then complain right after they're traded that we should have kept them.

i also like the bit about getzlaf and richards. hindsight is 20/20 and a lot of teams missed the boat on those players.

what's next, you're gonna blame the habs for missing out on datsyuk, or trading leclaire?

can't have it both ways
nope I blame the Habs for having the player they need to potentially fill a role and dont use them at all and then he flourishes elsewhere

fk hindsight ...its poor management buddy

I wanted Dags on the bottom 6 to chip in with 15 goals but we dont use him
he my of overachieved with the Blues ...but man we could use him now

I have preached for years trade Komi ...he is garbage leaching of Markov

we could of got the moon ...we loose him for nothing knowing he was gone

ditto for the patch job we did 2 years ago ....if you knew most were not coming back ...move some bodies for something ??? picks whatever

now we have Eller ... a solid up and comer and we give him a cup of coffee for who
DD ?

White cant play for us on the fourth line because Pyatt is on the verge of what
stardom ? WTF

Your third line center is Malholtra ....Draper ....gritty 2 way forwards who shut you down ....kill penalties .....chip in with some goals ...and anchor your defensive roles

not DD who are small ....mainly finesse players who can chip in but disapear for 10-15 game streches where they do nothing to help you like you are seeing now

not on a team of midgets who have size issues ....give me a break

he is the MAB of forwards ...a situational role player who needs the right mix ....we dont have it ......its like having 2 Mark streits on your team and you trade for mike Green ....wrong you trade for Hall Gill and Keith Aulie to work with Streit

what solid team has a DD on their bottom 6 ? no one

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 09:45 PM
  #81
Rahan
Registered User
 
Rahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
what solid team has a DD on their bottom 6 ? no one


Dumb line if there ever was one!

Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:09 PM
  #82
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Pyatt brings NOTHING to this team. He just has speed, no skills or grit. And for fourth liners, I think the Habs should have more physical players. Pyatt only exist on a typical Martin team.

Pyatt is gritty. He is willing to get his nose dirty, willing to take a hit to make a play. He wins the majority of his puck battles. He gets the puck out of his own zone better than most of our wingers and part of that is grit.

"Grit" is not the same as "goon".

Accomplished coaches who led TCJ to the World Championship picked Pyatt, twice. Pierre Maguire and several other analysts who watch the games and know what NHL players can do and need to do like what Pyatt brings to the table for the modes price he commands.

You on the other hand have no argument except to spell your rant in CAPITALS.

Pyatt helped in the playoffs last year for sure, helped in most games he played this year on the way to a 36-18-7 record while he was in the lineup.

When Jacques Martin stopped coaching according to his own winning formula and twenty-one times listened to the critics who were unhappy that Pyatt was neither scoring much nor fighting, the team did not do better. This makes no sense if Pyatt really brings less than other potential third or fourth line players. But the truth is he does bring more than most bottom-6 guys which is the main reason why our record when sitting him out in favour of dummies or slowpokes or high-risk players was 8-12-1. If not bring more, then you could look at it as bring less bads, less mistakes, less undiscipline.

Maybe that winning percentage discrepancy is a bit exaggerated, but it is real and just on the high side of the Bell curve of the truth. If we played 100 games with and without Pyatt, replacing him only with the other spare forwards we have, I am sure that we would still see a noticeable difference in record.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 03:33 AM
  #83
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
nope I blame the Habs for having the player they need to potentially fill a role and dont use them at all and then he flourishes elsewhere

fk hindsight ...its poor management buddy

I wanted Dags on the bottom 6 to chip in with 15 goals but we dont use him
he my of overachieved with the Blues ...but man we could use him now

I have preached for years trade Komi ...he is garbage leaching of Markov

we could of got the moon ...we loose him for nothing knowing he was gone

ditto for the patch job we did 2 years ago ....if you knew most were not coming back ...move some bodies for something ??? picks whatever

now we have Eller ... a solid up and comer and we give him a cup of coffee for who
DD ?

White cant play for us on the fourth line because Pyatt is on the verge of what
stardom ? WTF

Your third line center is Malholtra ....Draper ....gritty 2 way forwards who shut you down ....kill penalties .....chip in with some goals ...and anchor your defensive roles

not DD who are small ....mainly finesse players who can chip in but disapear for 10-15 game streches where they do nothing to help you like you are seeing now

not on a team of midgets who have size issues ....give me a break

he is the MAB of forwards ...a situational role player who needs the right mix ....we dont have it ......its like having 2 Mark streits on your team and you trade for mike Green ....wrong you trade for Hall Gill and Keith Aulie to work with Streit

what solid team has a DD on their bottom 6 ? no one
few things:

DD has been better overall than eller. that's a fact. im a NOT saying that in the future, eller won't be better than dd, i am in fact convinced he will be. but your raging hard-on for eller masks the fact that he has been ineffective for most of the year. the flashes are there, but he's raw and needs more experience

and lol @ calling dd a "mainly finesse players who can chip in but disapear for 10-15 game streches". he's got good hands but he's not a finesse player, he gets into the dirty areas constantly and isn't afraid to take a hit like cammy.

so you have judge that the drought he's on is permanent? guess we should dump cammy and AK then

and i call bull on him being a situational player. he plays PP, PK, E5. if you mean situational in the sense that he must be paired against opponents 3rd/4th line, then you just don't know much about hockey...

Quote:
Your third line center is Malholtra ....Draper ....gritty 2 way forwards who shut you down ....kill penalties .....chip in with some goals ...and anchor your defensive roles
... so... what do you think he has been doing?

im done, you are so blinded by his size it's not even funny anymore...

guess we'll have to agree to disagree


Last edited by MasterDecoy: 04-13-2011 at 03:39 AM.
MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 04:28 AM
  #84
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Pyatt is gritty. He is willing to get his nose dirty, willing to take a hit to make a play. He wins the majority of his puck battles. He gets the puck out of his own zone better than most of our wingers and part of that is grit.

"Grit" is not the same as "goon".

Accomplished coaches who led TCJ to the World Championship picked Pyatt, twice. Pierre Maguire and several other analysts who watch the games and know what NHL players can do and need to do like what Pyatt brings to the table for the modes price he commands.

You on the other hand have no argument except to spell your rant in CAPITALS.

Pyatt helped in the playoffs last year for sure, helped in most games he played this year on the way to a 36-18-7 record while he was in the lineup.

When Jacques Martin stopped coaching according to his own winning formula and twenty-one times listened to the critics who were unhappy that Pyatt was neither scoring much nor fighting, the team did not do better. This makes no sense if Pyatt really brings less than other potential third or fourth line players. But the truth is he does bring more than most bottom-6 guys which is the main reason why our record when sitting him out in favour of dummies or slowpokes or high-risk players was 8-12-1. If not bring more, then you could look at it as bring less bads, less mistakes, less undiscipline.

Maybe that winning percentage discrepancy is a bit exaggerated, but it is real and just on the high side of the Bell curve of the truth. If we played 100 games with and without Pyatt, replacing him only with the other spare forwards we have, I am sure that we would still see a noticeable difference in record.
Pierre Sevigny was successful in International tournaments. It doesn't mean anything. Pyatt is not gritty at all. That's his problem he's a grinder that doesn't have an once of edge in his bone. If only he was like guys like Dominique Moore and Mathieu Darche, guys that may not have the biggest mean streak but they win battles and they have that never die attitude, they make things happen. Not Pyatt. Because contrary to them he has zero hockey sense. The only thing he has is his skating. He reminds me of Jan Bullis: a little bit of this, a little of that, 100% useless. When he's in uniform it's a spot lost for someone more usefull and because of that the Habs are always weaker with Pyatt in the lineup.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 05:02 AM
  #85
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
When he's in uniform it's a spot lost for someone more usefull and because of that the Habs are always weaker with Pyatt in the lineup.
i guess that's why we win more games with pyatt than without

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 06:33 AM
  #86
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Pierre Sevigny was successful in International tournaments. It doesn't mean anything. Pyatt is not gritty at all. That's his problem he's a grinder that doesn't have an once of edge in his bone. If only he was like guys like Dominique Moore and Mathieu Darche, guys that may not have the biggest mean streak but they win battles and they have that never die attitude, they make things happen. Not Pyatt. Because contrary to them he has zero hockey sense. The only thing he has is his skating. He reminds me of Jan Bullis: a little bit of this, a little of that, 100% useless. When he's in uniform it's a spot lost for someone more usefull and because of that the Habs are always weaker with Pyatt in the lineup.
When a guy is good at doing the little things, it takes a bit more effort to watch him to appreciate what he brings. But if you have a recording of the last game, take a look at this one play in the second period. Pyatt is the LW in the defensive zone. Unlike Pouliot, Pacioretty, Darche, AK46, Cammalleri, White and even Pacioretty, he knows EXACTLY where to position himself in the defensive zone. Even though playing left wing, he positioned himself DIRECTLY in the slot, slightly RIGHT of center while the puck was on our RH boards. The puck then came out toward a Toronto player in the slot, but Pyatt was able to grab it, then made a quick stickhandling move laterally/diagonally to his left toward the LW boards while protecting the puck, used his speed to pull away and start toward his blueline, then with his head up hit Yannick Weber with a perfect pass to spring Weber on a clear breakaway that should have led to a penalty or penalty shot.

Later, in the third period, killing a penalty, Pyatt grabbed a loose puck in the dangerous high slot area, started to clear it down the ice, but noticed Plekanec get a step on the defender at the blue line. Pyatt then changed his mind and instead safely and accurately hit Plekanec on the fly with a beautiful backhand pass that created the breakaway goal that effectively ended the contest.

Despite your unfounded assertion that Pyatt has little hockey sense, he actually has one of the best senses on the team among the wingers. What he does not have is Cammalleri's or Pouliot's shot or Pacioretty's size, or White's fists. This we all agree. But Pyatt in no way can be said to lack hockey sense the way Jan Bulis did or Benoit Pouliot does today.


Last edited by BaseballCoach: 04-13-2011 at 06:38 AM.
BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.