HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings to Open next season In Europe(In Stockholm vs Rangers/In Berlin vs Sabres)

Old
04-11-2011, 12:15 PM
JMFJ 3

vCash: 500
One less trip to Buffalo haha

JMFJ 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:24 PM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

GOLDEN!

I just read about this at Hammond's blog. Wanted to know more before making a thread, but had to eat first

Already planning my trip to Berlin. They start at 8PM, so I can probably just book a flight to arrive somewhere in the morning and fly back on Sunday.

So awesome, especially after checking out the O2 in Berlin last Summer. Love that city.

Interesting times ahead for me; 2 internships in Edinburgh, Scotland in the Summer and now this! Time to save up some more.

JPFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:42 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I may go to the game in Germany, IF I can combine it with a business trip. I am working with an outfit in Basil, Switzerland that I may be visiting from time to time in the future.
You going to write if off? The real question is who is going to Frozen Fury and both games in Europe? You deserve some sort of medal. I'll do my best to make the 2 Europe games, have wanted to go to Germany for a long time.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 02:48 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I'm in for sure. Still mad I missed London.

Also, a one way flight from Stockholm to Berlin is going to cost you about 80 bucks and is only a 90 minute flight. That is no big deal at all.
I wonder if RyanAir makes that trip, they seem to do a lot of flights from the British Isles to Scandinavia, but I don't know if they do other routes. I once flew from Cork to London for 1.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 02:57 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
I wonder if RyanAir makes that trip, they seem to do a lot of flights from the British Isles to Scandinavia, but I don't know if they do other routes. I once flew from Cork to London for 1.
Try the airline: Norwegian.no

It's the low cost equivalent in Scandinavia. While it is Oslo based, they have a mini-hub in Stockholm.

Also, I think Air Berlin or Berlin Air or something like that probably has direct flights to Stockholm for cheap.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Nose of Sutter

I just hope the Kings don't come back and slump like last time other than that pretty cool, maybe it generates some more interest in the Kings

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
You going to write if off? The real question is who is going to Frozen Fury and both games in Europe? You deserve some sort of medal. I'll do my best to make the 2 Europe games, have wanted to go to Germany for a long time.
When they played in London I went to both. But it would but much harder with this schedule than the London one.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 04:11 AM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

So... What rink size are they going with? Europe or NA?

Old
04-12-2011, 04:47 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
I checked both RyanAir and GermanWings and neither have flights on the 8th from Stockholm to Berlin. 7th and 9th, yes, but not the 8th. I went to Stockholm last year for the opening games from Brussels and it was like 23 Euro round trip, I think.

I'm definitely going to try to do both games, although it's going to be annoying.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 08:25 AM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobPFT View Post
So... What rink size are they going with? Europe or NA?
Ah, so I was right on the main boards. NA it is

Old
04-12-2011, 12:15 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I've got to clear a lot time, but I am going to try to do both. Jr. wants to go but to have him miss a week and a half/two weeks (I cant imagine going for less time having never been to Europe) probably isnt advisable at the start of a new school year.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 08:51 AM
kynen

The tickets for the Stockholm game are available for preorder now, I just got mine. They're discussing it at the nyr boards here: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=902058&page=3

Basically you register at http://www.livenation.se/ and preorder through them. You'll need a ticnet.se account too though.

kynen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 10:59 AM
SuperAlmeida

I've also pre-ordered tickets for the match in Stokcholm. I'll also watch the match in Berlin, and I've already booked airline ticket from Stockholm to Berlin (AirBerlin).

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Defgarden

I may be off for a month to go to the Phillipines with my wife and child, so I may parlay this into it somehow if I have the money for both. At least for Germany. Although the thought of several long flights with a 6-7 month old isn't very appealing.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:14 AM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

Great timing for the site not to work
(O2 World Berlin)
Anyone else got this problem?

Edit/update: I GOT 'EM!

Got a little antsy after very little sleep, the site not working (seems like it's just busy) and a... lets say surprising exam result.
But I'm all happy now... I would like to check where exactly I'm seated, after I can reach the site again... but it seems like a very good place.

If anyone's still trying, I'd say just keep going at it until you get through.

Last edited by JPFT: 04-15-2011 at 02:55 AM.
Old
04-16-2011, 12:06 AM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

I think Berlin is already sold out which surprises me a bit.

JVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:08 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

General priced tickets for Berlin appear to be sold out or they are holding some back. Can still buy VIP tickets though but the price looks scary.

Best availalbe for two in Sweden are corner ice level at $500 total in US dollars. Steep.

I want to go to both games as going to England for the games against the Ducks was a great experience. Much easier to plan for logistically speaking; I also don't like how they announce this in the midst of the playoffs while we as fans are shelling out cash for playoff tickets and then it's like "Oh yeah...why don't you buy $1,000 in ticekts for next season right now too".

I know these games are not meant for us but rather those in Europe but still, kind of weak in my opinion. Would have preferred this to be finalized much earlier.

I don't think I'll have anyone to go with so if there are people on the fence but don't have someone willing to pony up the bucks to do this trip, I could be in. My birthday is on the 8th so I'm sure Berlin will be a blast. I did my own trip and not the Kings package for London and I'm looking to do the same this time. Maybe go to Amsterdam first, then head to Sweden for a few days and then on to Berlin to wrap things up.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:15 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

I went to the games in London when the Kings were there and tickets weren't nearly as expensive as they are running in Berlin. Yikes. I was going to make the trip out there since Germany is one of my favorite countries to visit as it is, but it's shaping up to be an expensive endeavor.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 01:39 AM
KingsFan17

I've been on the fence about this trip but I'm pretty sure I'm going now. There's still tickets for Stockholm at reasonable prices. It looks like all they have left for Berlin are the VIP packages which are expensive so I'll have to see about that. My wife can't go because of work and all my friends are way too cheap/broke to consider going. If anyone else is thinking about seriously going, let me know in here or pm. My plan is fly to Stockholm on Wed the 5th. Fly to Berlin Saturday morning for game 2. Eurorail from Berlin to Paris Sunday night. Paris to Madrid Tuesday night. Fly home from Madrid Thursday night. I'm probably going to be booking this by Friday the 29th.

KingsFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 10:29 AM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan17 View Post
I've been on the fence about this trip but I'm pretty sure I'm going now. There's still tickets for Stockholm at reasonable prices. It looks like all they have left for Berlin are the VIP packages which are expensive so I'll have to see about that. My wife can't go because of work and all my friends are way too cheap/broke to consider going. If anyone else is thinking about seriously going, let me know in here or pm. My plan is fly to Stockholm on Wed the 5th. Fly to Berlin Saturday morning for game 2. Eurorail from Berlin to Paris Sunday night. Paris to Madrid Tuesday night. Fly home from Madrid Thursday night. I'm probably going to be booking this by Friday the 29th.
I've sent you a PM.

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 12:51 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Yes!!!

I'm going, bought tickets for me and my brother for the Stockholm game.

I'm so excited, never seen Kings live. I would love to meet some of you guys over a couple of beers if possible. I will address this later on.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote