HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Draft Talk V2.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2011, 01:33 PM
pine*

vCash: 500
Eden Prairie's Kyle Rau, who was named Mr. Hockey as the top senior in the state of Minnesota, was No. 177.

Old
04-11-2011, 02:01 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
This list with all those Sea Dogs players is BS. I'm not talking about Huberdeau, Beaulieu and Jurco, but their fourth line is ranked between the 3rd-4th round and they combined for a total of 27 points this season...
yeaa to think Jean-Gabriel Pageau and Anton Zlobin are not even rank. Some other guys rank late doesnt not make any sense like Blake Millman instead of those guys. Another exemple of CSS having a hard on for Seadogs, Guillaume Cloutier was rank 46th in midterm as a seadogs and now after his trade to chicoutimi he's rank 137th. Anyway this is CSS and this is the same thing every year.

Honzik #13 NA goalie...he won't be the 13th rank NA goalie to be pick in this year draft. its a guarantee

Old
04-11-2011, 02:03 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Maxime Villemaire...!

Old
04-11-2011, 02:04 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well that list confirms I was right at loving Beaulieu...but before Couturier???? Can't wait to hear Stéphane Leroux on this. Was clear enough that I prefered Beaulieu over Ouellet...but 5th vs 60th?

Danault 27th!!! And going and going and going....
im shock to see Beaulieu ahead of Couturier. i like Beaulieu but not that much. Btw Danault did drop in the ranking he was rank 23rd in mid-term but damn i love this kid. this kid is a heck of a hockey player and having terrific playoff for victo

BTW, this friday on voxtv game 5 between Victoriaville and Saint-John. lots of draft eligible prospect in that game

Old
04-11-2011, 05:34 PM
le_sean

Why did Biggs drop down so far? He will be taken higher, it just takes one team to really like him.

As for Jenner, I think it would be cool just to draft him based on the chants of "BOOOOOOOOOOONE" at the Bell Centre.

Old
04-11-2011, 05:35 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Jenner seems like a "safe" pick, a 2nd line #2b center. I want a bang or bust player, or trade up and draft Zibanejad or Oleksiak.

Old
04-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Oh my god, Sean Couturier's favorite NHL team is the Montreal Canadiens
Let's draft this kid already!

Old
04-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Kboum

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Why did Biggs drop down so far? He will be taken higher, it just takes one team to really like him.

As for Jenner, I think it would be cool just to draft him based on the chants of "BOOOOOOOOOOONE" at the Bell Centre.
I don't know about Briggs... hockey sense isnt good at all. Don't have a lot of points... He looks like Moen out there nothing more.

I know he'll probably go top 10 but doenst look a lot like his hockey sense will put him top 6 role in the NHL like Lucic was able to do.

Old
04-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Genghis Keon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I suck at comparisons....it's actually pretty tough. I envision him as a complete and REAL 2-way player who I've seen creating something on almost every freakin shift I've seen. He hits, he competes, skates hard, he's not the biggest and is often on the right end of a 1 on 1 battle with a guy much bigger than him. To me, he could be your perfect 3rd liner, then in the 1st round, you'd like to have more than that, well he might be potentially a top 6 depending on how his offensive game evolves...So if you want to relate to someboyd you know...a more offensive, creative, and faster version of Ryan White. My take on White is that he would have gone earlier but some were totally off because of how bad his skating was at the time. Well you don't have that with Danault. The only 2 flaws is offensive potential, and he's not the biggest as well. I'm just so sure he'll play in this NHL....but clearly this is NOT enough to deserve a 1st round selection....but again....with no 2nd round, depending who's gone.....I'd seriously think about it. But I guess I'm also driven by what I said about being sure the Bruins would make them one of their own...

I see him the way I saw Dalton Smith who went 34th. Now...Smith sucked all year this year surprisingly enough for me....so I'll say a SUCCESFUL, obviously less heavy Dalton Smith. The only, though it could be a big one, question marks is how he'll translate his offensive game. But somehow I found that his hockey IQ improved as he progressed which for me is a great sign. I think that for Bournival, it was always the concern....the lack of potential offensively in higher leagues.
In interesting thing about Danault (which incidentally was also an interesting thing about Smith in his draft year) is his even strength scoring. Danault's scoring line of 64-23-44-67 isn't exactly eye popping, but only 11 of those points came on the power play (by way of contrast, 32 of Bournival's 64 points came on the power play). If he can be a heart and soul guy who can generate some offense 5 on 5, he might be a more than justifiable pick down the line.

Old
04-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis Keon View Post
In interesting thing about Danault (which incidentally was also an interesting thing about Smith in his draft year) is his even strength scoring. Danault's scoring line of 64-23-44-67 isn't exactly eye popping, but only 11 of those points came on the power play (by way of contrast, 32 of Bournival's 64 points came on the power play). If he can be a heart and soul guy who can generate some offense 5 on 5, he might be a more than justifiable pick down the line.
I think Danault could be a terrific player down line. I think he's vastly superior to Bournival. Like you said, he's great at even strength and he creates havoc on the PK. I think he compares to Grabner. Not as good a goal scorer but more physical.

Old
04-11-2011, 08:42 PM
The Camera Eye

Any chance we end up with one of Huberdeau, Danault or Beaulieu? I've seen Huberdeau's name in the top 5 in some projections, what is his upside? I'm not too familiar with any of these prospects, so thanks.

Old
04-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Kboum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar View Post
Any chance we end up with one of Huberdeau, Danault or Beaulieu? I've seen Huberdeau's name in the top 5 in some projections, what is his upside? I'm not too familiar with any of these prospects, so thanks.
If we draft 18-24 range... we're not gonna get those

Huberdeau is top 6 potentiel. They will all go top 15 pick imo. We never know what can happen but Florida seems to like Couturier even if the rankings have him lower...

I think Huberdeau can end up in Ottawa

Danault is a possible pick but... we'll need to trade down and get a 2nd I think

Old
04-11-2011, 08:51 PM
The Camera Eye

So I guess there's no chance for a trade up to grab Huberdeau?

Old
04-11-2011, 08:56 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
No. None

Old
04-11-2011, 08:57 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
unless we draft in the top 5 we won't get Huberdeau. Down the line he could be the best player from this draft. he can play a finess/gritty game. Has been compared to Lecavalier and Ryan Smyth. Won't back down from anyone. Need to bulk up, your looking at a 6"1 195lbs guy in 2-3 years. has played LW mostly since coming to the Q due to Seadogs depth down the middle. but he can play center as well. My guess he's going to be a winger at the nhl level.

Beaulieu ranking is very high, i like him but not #5 rk prospect in NA. i have him about in the 12-15 range. So we're picking 17th overall as of now so we might get a chance to grab him if he fall a little bit. He's big, solid skater, great offensive upside, good puck mover, can play a physical game if needed. Some question mark about his defensive game wich he has made stride this year and overall character.

Danault will be available when our pick come unless some dramatic event happen. Unless you believe he has upside to be a top 6 forward you can't pick him at 17th. Even with the big heart he has.. theirs others guys available who will have as much skill but in a bigger package like a McNeil/Biggs/Jensen/Boone ect. I feel he could be one of the top pick of the 2nd round and im affraid like Whitensnake that Boston could take him. IMO he's going to make a heck of a third liner and his coach in Victoriaville believe he will be a captain at the nhl level. I don't remember the last Q eligible draft player who was a captain in his draft year.

Old
04-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Kboum

Quote:
we dont have many picks...
we'd have to give high value prospects taht we don't really have and young establish nhler...

Don't think its a possibility. Value of a top 5 pick, even in a bad draft goes high

Old
04-11-2011, 09:03 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Btw i was saying couples month ago that if we had to pick a goalie in the mid round that Victoriaville David Honzik was our man. He's rank #13 for N.A Goalie. He's going to go much earlier than that has he's playing amazing for Victoriaville in the playoff. He's playing like Kevin Poulin did last year for them. He's big, agile and has great glove hands. Victoriaville has played 6 games so far in the playoff and he has been a stars in all 6 of those game. No way we get him now in round 4 or 5....

Old
04-11-2011, 09:04 PM
The Camera Eye

The reason I ask is because I've seen some videos of Huberdeau lately and he really impresses me. Plays with grit but has lots of skill too. Too bad we probably have no chance at him.

Old
04-12-2011, 12:37 AM
S Bah

The player that moved up the most into the 1st round is Khokhlachev from 45 -29 final rank.This kid is amazing and will be there when the Habs pick.Starting to look like the players I picked earlier this year will be gone,McNeill,Jenner,Zibanejad,Oleksiak,Jensen. The Habs should stick to the BPA not 200% sure but Khokhlachev sure looks like a great pick.

Old
04-12-2011, 02:08 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Something I've noticed with the American players eligible for this draft is that the ones in the USHL universially have un-impressive stats. Seth Ambroz leads with 46 points in 56 games which is considerably worse than what Leblanc put up in his draft year (59 in 60). Rocco Grimaldi is talked about as being potentially the most skilled player in the draft only a little above a point per game with 25 points in 23 games while J.T. Miller and Tyler Biggs are considerably worse.

The USHL is a significantly weaker league than the CHL and there are 24 draft eligible players averaging a point per game or better there. I really don't know that much about the USHL and the US national developement team that most of these players play for so I'm wondering if there is a reason these players get this attention despite their less than inspiring statistics?

Old
04-12-2011, 12:12 PM
katatoniak

THN TOP 10

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...NHL-draft.html

Looks pretty accurate to me

Old
04-12-2011, 01:04 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
THN TOP 10

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...NHL-draft.html

Looks pretty accurate to me
Z in the top 10? Noooooooo.

Old
04-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
Their rankings are a joke, first of all with their 4 separate lists, second because they are out to lunch on about half the players they rate.

Old
04-12-2011, 01:13 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Their rankings are a joke, first of all with their 4 separate lists, second because they are out to lunch on about half the players they rate.
as one nhl scout said look like the Q scout from central scouting only watched Saint-John this year in the Q

Old
04-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
So If I understand correctly you think Danault seem to have more untapped offensive potential than Bournival had last season, which is nice, because other than this, correct me if I'm wrong, but they are similar players in term of playing style and upside. Is Danault physically strong and developped ? because if he is already winning alot of battles and he got still room to growth on that aspect this could be interesting.

It could be a nice pick since we will pick at 30th

Edit : I'm just seeing that he seem to have nice offensive in the playoff and the fact that he only is 170 lbs seem to answer my questions well he sure look good has a nice potential pick for the Habs. Imagine what he will be able to do in battles if he get to 6'1 205 lbs.
Danault in the 1st round would be a huge reach, as much as he works hard there has to be 50+ players better than him.

Closed Thread