HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Round 1: New York vs Washington (Game 1: Wed @ 7:30 MSG+, VS)

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiovanni View Post
The game is def. on MSG though right?
Yup, on MSG Plus.

Old
04-12-2011, 10:51 AM
finger11

WJFK in DC reports Neuvirth said he's starting game 1

Old
04-12-2011, 10:53 AM
OverTheCap

I have no problem with Caps fans or others predicting that they will win the series. They are the #1 seed, after all.

But those fans thinking that it will be a sweep and that the Rangers will just roll over and die clearly have not been paying attention this season. Rangers will be a tough out. They have played better against the top teams in the league than they have against some of the bottom-dwellers. Caps fans thinking that the Rangers will be lucky to win one game are going to be surprised.

Old
04-12-2011, 11:00 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I have no problem with Caps fans or others predicting that they will win the series. They are the #1 seed, after all.

But those fans thinking that it will be a sweep and that the Rangers will just roll over and die clearly have not been paying attention this season. Rangers will be a tough out. They have played better against the top teams in the league than they have against some of the bottom-dwellers. Caps fans thinking that the Rangers will be lucky to win one game are going to be surprised.
I agree, in fact I have no problem with fans of any team saying they think they are going to win, that is what fans should do imo. But the thought that the rangers will be a pushover is what I don't get, especially after the way the caps lost last year.

Old
04-12-2011, 11:03 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I don't know about anyone else but I haven't been this excited for a playoff series in a long time. I hope my faith in the team to make us proud with their effort win or lose doesn't blow up in my face

Old
04-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

From practice: http://twitter.com/thenyrangers | http://twitter.com/AGrossRecord

- All Rangers on ice, lines same: Prospal-Anisimov-Gaborik, Wolski-Boyle-Prust, Dubinsky-Stepan-Fedotenko, Zuccarello/Avery-Christensen-Drury

- Drury-Christensen-Avery with Zuccarello mixing in...Torts has yet to say who will be healthy scratch tomorrow.

Old
04-12-2011, 11:37 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
From practice:

- All Rangers on ice, lines same: Prospal-Anisimov-Gaborik, Wolski-Boyle-Prust, Dubinsky-Stepan-Fedotenko, Zuccarello/Avery-Christensen-Drury

- Drury-Christensen-Avery with Zuccarello mixing in...Torts has yet to say who will be healthy scratch tomorrow.
It has to be zucc at this point, they need any extra scoring, even if it isn't much and I don't really see what Avery brings to the table at this point. Additionally, they don't need to take extra penalties, and Avery tends to be a magnet for those. Plus, everyone talks about the youth getting experience for future playoff games, well this would be his chance.

Old
04-12-2011, 11:41 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
It has to be zucc at this point, they need any extra scoring, even if it isn't much and I don't really see what Avery brings to the table at this point. Additionally, they don't need to take extra penalties, and Avery tends to be a magnet for those. Plus, everyone talks about the youth getting experience for future playoff games, well this would be his chance.
Extra scoring edge would go to Avery. Sadly we can't win in a SO tomorrow.

Old
04-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

It comes down to Avery or Christensen, possibly.

Yeah, Sean totaled 174 PIMs, but most of them were fighting majors and misconducts. I can remember two or three silly minors... But that's it.
And he's still stronger on the boards than both Zucc and EC.

Old
04-12-2011, 11:44 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Extra scoring edge would go to Avery. Sadly we can't win in a SO tomorrow.
The same SO logic could be applied to EC.
Well, either way it isn't much of a scoring edge, and I still wouldn't want Avery out there to help the refs give the caps PPs. Plus, like everyone has said, the youth is the future of this team and this playoff experience will be invaluable for them, Avery isn't the youth of this team and may not even be around next year, so whats the point.

Old
04-12-2011, 11:51 AM
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor

Avery throws the puck on the net or takes a shot immediately after getting the puck. He also has the ability to motivate the team with his play if he’s on….. In a seven game series Avery is more likely to make a difference and one or two of those games. This could make a difference against the Caps…..

My statement is nothing negative towards Zucc…..

Old
04-12-2011, 11:59 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak10r View Post
Avery throws the puck on the net or takes a shot immediately after getting the puck. He also has the ability to motivate the team with his play if he’s on….. In a seven game series Avery is more likely to make a difference and one or two of those games. This could make a difference against the Caps…..

My statement is nothing negative towards Zucc…..
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I don't really think anyone of those three (zucc, EC, Avery) will be a gamechanger, you could probably interchange all of them and not even notice. So I am indifferent to who Torts chooses.

Old
04-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Go with Avery game 1. See how it plays out. If we need more scoring/forechecking, scratch him in favor of EC or MZA...

I could see Torts going with EC at some point in the series if Gaborik is stale and we're losing games.

A kid like MZA can provide plenty in a 7 game series. It's all about matchups. See how game 1 plays out and go from there.

Old
04-12-2011, 12:14 PM
ruckus*

I would be pretty surprised if Avery is in the lineup, mainly because I don't think Torts has any intention of playing him. With Zuc he can always put him on the power play if it's struggling or something. Plus even though Avery gets screwed the majority of the time from refs, at the end of it that doesn't matter because he's still in the box for 2 minutes.

At the end of the day, it won't much matter. EC/Avery/Zuc probably won't get more than 6 or 7 minutes.

I'd prefer Avery just because I think playoff series are usually decided by fluke goals and not fancy ones.

Avery has the ability to cycle down low and when that line is on the ice that's really all we want is for them to control the puck in the Washington end and not hurt us defensively.

Old
04-12-2011, 12:15 PM
bmw2004

I would love to see the tweet: Callahan miraculously back on the ice and practicing with the team. It's my wish.

Old
04-12-2011, 12:17 PM
ruckus*

Has anyone heard anything about Eminger or Gilroy BTW?

I went to the Devils game on Saturday when Gilroy was in but did not read any of the blogs on Friday or Saturday morning because I was so dejected from Thursday's loss.

Was Gilroy in for Eminger because he was banged up? Or is Torts really going to play Gilly in this series?

Old
04-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Giacomin

I would love see Avery. I believe he has some more magic left in him

Old
04-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Avery and Drury's upcoming season will be determined by their performance this postseason, imo.

Old
04-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Has anyone heard anything about Eminger or Gilroy BTW?

I went to the Devils game on Saturday when Gilroy was in but did not read any of the blogs on Friday or Saturday morning because I was so dejected from Thursday's loss.

Was Gilroy in for Eminger because he was banged up? Or is Torts really going to play Gilly in this series?
Eminger should definitely be in over Gilroy. And I'm one of 31/4 people on this forum who doesn't despise Gilroy.

Old
04-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

http://twitter.com/thenyrangers - Torts said he will not discuss lineup before games during playoffs.

Old
04-12-2011, 12:36 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
I would love see Avery. I believe he has some more magic left in him
I'd be willing to give him a game or two to find out. See if he can start pissing off OV or Semin and getting them to lose focus. If he takes any dumb penalties, though, he better be out of there.

RANGERS =
Old
04-12-2011, 12:44 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I'd be willing to give him a game or two to find out. See if he can start pissing off OV or Semin and getting them to lose focus. If he takes any dumb penalties, though, he better be out of there.
The problem is that he won't be able to do much without taking penalties, especially since the games will be on national tv,and whether he deserves them or not it still hurts.

Old
04-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
There has been faaar too much smack talk for a 8-1 series. Lets just have a good time and go out and win instead of declaring our top 4 defense invincible and setting our expectations too high, eh?

So much for a blue collar team and modest fanbase. We're killin the image.

Old
04-12-2011, 12:52 PM
mucker*

Besides me, who are the other DC area NY Rangers fans?

Can I get a list? Maybe we can have a meetup.
Any of you going to any of the games?

I may go later in the series (if I can find another Ranger fan).
For now, my worry is how to watch the game WITHOUT the Caps broadcasters on TV.
Anybody know how to synch?

Old
04-12-2011, 12:53 PM
TigerJack

IMO Zuccs should play for Hartford in the playoffs. He needs big minutes, which he will get in Harford. If he only gets 6-7 mins for the Rangers, and even a couple games as a healthy scracth, I just can´t see why he should even be in the playoff roster.

Closed Thread