HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Round 1: New York vs Washington (Game 1: Wed @ 7:30 MSG+, VS)

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Fataldogg

vCash: 500
Washington fans are going to fight out why Henrik is the "King." I have a lot of faith in Henrik for this series. That being said, if he isn't lights out, we have NO chance.

Old
04-12-2011, 01:05 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Washington fans are going to fight out why Henrik is the "King." I have a lot of faith in Henrik for this series. That being said, if he isn't lights out, we have NO chance.
Well let's hope that's true. Here's a gem from the Caps board...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyK15* View Post
I honestly don't see the Rangers posing any threat at all. Caps in 4, if the Rags are lucky. Book it, Lundqvist will falter.
I asked him what would happen if we weren't lucky. lol

Old
04-12-2011, 01:12 PM
broadwayblue

Biron's Video Journal #1

Old
04-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Well let's hope that's true. Here's a gem from the Caps board...

I asked him what would happen if we weren't lucky. lol
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm a hardcore NYR fan, and I try and walk into this as optimistic as possible, but if we were to beat Washington it would be a HUGE upset. Washington is going to be hell bent on making it past the first round after last year. All we can do is hope for the best. In reality, I see the Capitals winning in 6 or 7. I don't understand all of the "Caps will beat the Rangers in 4" talk though. I think we will make this a very competitive series.

Old
Loffen
Wen Kroy

LOL @ the Seinfeld reference.

Biron's a champ.

Old
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm a hardcore NYR fan, and I try and walk into this as optimistic as possible, but if we were to beat Washington it would be a HUGE upset. Washington is going to be hell bent on making it past the first round after last year. All we can do is hope for the best. In reality, I see the Capitals winning in 6 or 7. I don't understand all of the "Caps will beat the Rangers in 4" talk.
I don't get how we would be "lucky" to lose in 4. lol

Old
04-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

I don't see zucarello playing anything before game 3...

I think Avery will get the nod tomorrow, we need someone in front of the goal taking abuse..

Old
04-12-2011, 01:23 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBaxter View Post
Besides me, who are the other DC area NY Rangers fans?

Can I get a list? Maybe we can have a meetup.
Any of you going to any of the games?

I may go later in the series (if I can find another Ranger fan).
For now, my worry is how to watch the game WITHOUT the Caps broadcasters on TV.
Anybody know how to synch?
I am out in VA, near Dulles. I doubt I will go to any of the games, I went to game 5 in 09 and it isn't worth the hassle of dealing with caps fans. I would rather watch the game in the comfort of my own home than deal with obnoxious caps fans. In 09, I got great seats, right behind Hank's goal for face value, something like $150 I think, each. Rangers are losing, still up 3-2 in the series though, and as we were waking out, before the game ended, some ***** jumped out behind me, between me and my wife and started flicking me off. Now I know what you are thinking, but I honestly did nothing to start it, just trying to leave. I turned around and basically told her to sit her ass down so my wife could get by and we could leave in peace, she got all upity with me. Finally when she sat her fat ass down and we were able to leave I got to the top of the section and was told by a security guard, who I know saw her flip me off and start the altercation that I needed to leave. Then a caps employee in a suit told me just to ignore her.
That really pissed me off, they both saw what happened and they told me I had to leave and to just ignore it. They do that all the time and I wouldn't be surprised if it came down from higher up, to always take out the opposing teams fans first.

So when we went to MSG for the first time in like 10 years last month to watch the rangers play montreal some people were giving some montreal fans a hard time. I just thought, you know it sucks, you don't live near your team, you just want to go to a game and support your team and you get grief, its stupid, its like the Giants fan in LA that got beat, the guy is now in a coma because he wore the wrong colored jersey, just let people watch the games and support their teams, as long as they aren't being an ass of course. Now the Montreal fans who walk around talking smack at the garden or even the ranger fans who start stuff at VC, they deserve to get yelled at. But if I am just watching the game don't get in my face because I am wearing the other team's jersey. It's pathetic.

So because of that I won't go to anymore games in DC, I went to the 2-1 shootout win in Jan. because I got tickets for my birthday, otherwise I wouldn't have gone. Caps fans I think are worse for a few reasons, a lot of them don't know about hockey and really only got into it with that run in 2008, those are the worse fans. Like when some guy comes out of a bar after the game, not even wearing any caps gear and basically comes after me telling me how much the rangers suck. I find that the old time fans aren't the bad ones, in fact I have a few friends who are old time fans that I get along with. But the organization I think supports this kind of stuff with some of the things they put up on the scoreboard during the game.

In fact I have a friend who used to work for the caps marketing department and I asked him once about it. He said everyone who used to work there and knew anything about hockey left, so now instead of it being about hockey it is all caps. I get that, it is a good business model, but I think it leads to poor fans. But when you have an owner who locks out other teams fans from buying tickets and punches his own fans what do you expect I guess.

No thanks, I'd rather watch the game from the comfort of my own home. Even outside of the games I get grief, walking in walmart with my Hank jersey on someone says to me in passing: "rangers suck" really? In walmart, gimmie a break. Same thing happened in Home Depot, wearing my rangers stuff after the 6-0 drubbing, I just kept walking and held up 6 fingers. Although that time I might have worn my stuff to antagonize a bit.

oh yeah, and about the synching, the only way I know how to do it is to pause my dvr, that only works though if the radio feed is behind. I think it was NYR2k earlier in this thread who was talking about a different way to do it by slowing down the radio feed.

Old
04-12-2011, 01:25 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

I think we're gonna have a pretty sad playoff beard showing this year. A bit disappointing.

RANGERS =
Old
04-12-2011, 01:28 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I don't get how we would be "lucky" to lose in 4. lol
Yeah, I mentioned that one earlier in this thread, I guess he was just exaggerating how easy a win it will be.

Like I said earlier, after what the habs did last year, I can't believe some of the thoughts of caps fans right now. You'd think they would have learned.

Old
04-12-2011, 01:33 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Yeah, I mentioned that one earlier in this thread, I guess he was just exaggerating how easy a win it will be.

Like I said earlier, after what the habs did last year, I can't believe some of the thoughts of caps fans right now. You'd think they would have learned.
Yeah, some of their fans would be on suicide watch if we could pull off the upset.

Old
04-12-2011, 01:38 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I think we're gonna have a pretty sad playoff beard showing this year. A bit disappointing.
Playoff beard question: Do I shave for my job interview in New Hampshire next Monday or no? Dilemmas.

Old
04-12-2011, 01:40 PM
CH2

I love Marty Biron:

Old
04-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Icetime

The vast majority of experienced Caps fans have been witness to a heavy volume of playoff letdowns, meltdowns and heartache.

Any Caps fan that says "we are going to sweep the Rangers" is most likely a teenager or just started following the team when Ovechkin arrived in the league.

The Rangers flat out embarrassed the Caps on two separate occasions this year. They have an elite goalie, a playoff style defense, a sound system and a strong coach.

This is going to be a war.

It's really lucky the Caps don't have to deal with Callahan. He is a nightmare.

Old
04-12-2011, 01:56 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
So assuming 1050 ESPN broadcasts the playoff games, it would be easy to synch the audio to the video. The 1050 webplayer allows you to pause "live, " where when you press play it resumes the stream from where you stopped it.

Unless the video is ahead of the audio, haha.

Old
04-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Blades of steel
log off.

Caps fan here, everyone has annoying fans, thats a fact.. I agree this series will be tight and probably 6 games minimum. I strongly disagree that it would be a huge upset if rangers win, this is going to be a tough series for both teams, but we fans should be in for a great show. Good luck guys. Can't wait!

Old
04-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
They do that all the time and I wouldn't be surprised if it came down from higher up, to always take out the opposing teams fans first.
Shouldn't be much of a surprise - that's how it works at almost every arena. Granted, if you didn't do anything, that's a little extreme, but the home fans will always get the benefit of the doubt.

At MSG the security guards are almost always blatantly biased towards the home fans when it comes to problems.

Old
04-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
Playoff beard question: Do I shave for my job interview in New Hampshire next Monday or no? Dilemmas.
Depends how bad you need the job?

Old
04-12-2011, 02:30 PM
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I'd be willing to give him a game or two to find out. See if he can start pissing off OV or Semin and getting them to lose focus. If he takes any dumb penalties, though, he better be out of there.
OK I’m 46 and still have a difficult time not making a child like comment when anyone mentions something about Semin…… I’m just saying……

Old
04-12-2011, 02:31 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Depends. Are you a *****?

Old
04-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
I hope our entitlement issues will be gone in the playoffs so we don't shut down Ovechkin/Bäckström/Semin/Green/Arnott only to have Matt Hendricks score 6 during the series and Jason Chimera netting the series clincher.

If they can keep their focus, the Rangers can take this in 6 or 7, if not the Caps will win in 6 unless Hank goes off the reservation and posts a 0.94+ Sv% throughout the series.

It's really weird that the Rangers with a grind line that scores 44 goals on the season can underrate bottom six scoring from the other teams, we're always getting scored on by the Nate Thompsons and Mike Rupps of the world!

Old
04-12-2011, 03:04 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I hope our entitlement issues will be gone in the playoffs so we don't shut down Ovechkin/Bäckström/Semin/Green/Arnott only to have Matt Hendricks score 6 during the series and Jason Chimera netting the series clincher.

If they can keep their focus, the Rangers can take this in 6 or 7, if not the Caps will win in 6 unless Hank goes off the reservation and posts a 0.94+ Sv% throughout the series.

It's really weird that the Rangers with a grind line that scores 44 goals on the season can underrate bottom six scoring from the other teams, we're always getting scored on by the Nate Thompsons and Mike Rupps of the world!

Wait, what entitlement issues?

Are the players taking separate limos to games again?

Wait til Torts hears about this.

Old
04-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Richard Brads

i don't understand why (some) people think this will be an easy series for the caps. the rangers have played grinding, low scoring playoff-like hockey all season. not saying they will win for sure, but i wouldn't be shocked

Old
04-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Wait, what entitlement issues?

Are the players taking separate limos to games again?

Wait til Torts hears about this.
Perhaps the wrong choice of words, but while Staal and Girardi really step up against the Ovechkins and the Crosbys, it sometimes seems like they don't consider grinders as legitimate threats.

There is definitely a trend with this team where we struggle against backup goalies and AHL scrubs while playing great vs the top teams in the league.

I don't think it will be an issue in the playoffs vs the #1 seed, but it's still something to look out for.

Old
04-12-2011, 03:37 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
If this was 20 years ago I would say no need to shave, but things have changed here in the Granite State since I came here from NYC lo those many years ago

Closed Thread