HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs -Round 1- (5) Nashville Predators 4 vs (4) Anaheim Ducks 2

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2011, 07:51 AM
crossxcheck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Well, guys, I am going to be in Italy for the entire first round. This will be the first time I've missed a playoff series for the Preds. Maybe I'll bring us good luck.

Old
04-12-2011, 08:01 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
whoops. fixed.
also has sulzer on it, and svatos............

bouillon, lombardy, belak,etc.

Old
04-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Firestorm

Most sports experts are sliding with the Ducks. All of them basically mention Perry, Getzlaf and Ryan when talking about the series.

Old
04-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Thank you. Hasn't been listed here in FL yet so I'm getting a little concerned...lol. Did you have to pay extra for CI since it's the playoffs?
Unfortunately they usually don't list the games and which channels until gameday. Sometimes it shows up in the morning of game day, but a couple of times it was like 6:00 p.m. before the schedule popped up. Technically they advertise 1st and 2nd round games, but Versus gets first crack and by the second round unless there is a goofy schedule were there are multiple games at the same time slot, Versus will carry all second round games. No extra charge for playoffs, although some cable "customer service" people think that CI coverage ends with the regular season if you have to call in with a problem. There are no dual feeds (usually) so you never know for sure which broadcast you get until you turn on the game.

So, the games will be on, but they do a crappy job of making it easy to know in advance which channels it will show up on.

Old
04-12-2011, 09:07 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck View Post
Well, guys, I am going to be in Italy for the entire first round. This will be the first time I've missed a playoff series for the Preds. Maybe I'll bring us good luck.
Lucky. Have fun.

Old
04-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Dodgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck View Post
I was there in '97 during the 2nd round. The only sports news you're gonna get is futbol. But if you have internet access you'll be fine.
Drink the wine. The food is heavenly. Go see the famous art. Ciao.

Old
04-12-2011, 10:18 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Ok Preds, let's get Ottawa another draft pick.

Old
04-12-2011, 10:41 AM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Ok Preds, let's get Ottawa another draft pick.
And lets hope Fisher plays well enough to warrant the pick.

Old
04-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

vCash: 325
I tried to post a link that the site seems to reject and I need to fill this space.....so....yeah. Move along.

Old
04-12-2011, 11:49 AM
WestEndPred

Cant wait for tomorrow!

Old
04-12-2011, 12:39 PM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
coyotes/leafs fan here...

1st of all, goodluck to you guys. Hope you guys can take out the ducks.

2nd, whats going on with Erat? I saw something about his back, but there has been lack of updates about him.

Just curious

- Brewmeister

Old
04-12-2011, 12:49 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
coyotes/leafs fan here...

1st of all, goodluck to you guys. Hope you guys can take out the ducks.

2nd, whats going on with Erat? I saw something about his back, but there has been lack of updates about him.

Just curious

- Brewmeister
Erat is ready to go, tomorrow.

Old
04-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Honestly, I think this series is all about specialty teams. We should be a better 5on5 team. The Ducks defense is incredibly weak. It was significantly bolstered by Beauchiman as he provided stability to the primarily offensive defensemen in that lineup. No matter what Duck fans are trying to sell, Lubomir Visnovsky is an absolutely atrocious defensive player. He is fantastic offensively, but he is worse than Mike Green in the defensive end (Mike Green prior to this year at that!). Additionally, the goaltending situation is so far in our favor that if we do not win two games in this series....it will be an outright travesty. Back to the main point - 5on5 we have the pairing to shutdown their elite pairing. We have solid team defense. When we go down a man, their PP can and will beat us. Our PP is predictable and uninspiring, but if we can score 2-3 PP goals....it might give us an unexpected edge.

Our season series against the Ducks was full of anamolies. They only beat us when we played Lindback and had a late period collapse. They had a huge comeback against us in the last meeting, only to fall short.......but it was on the back of two 5on3 goals, two Suter own goals, and atrocious officiating....Both sides had injuries, the ducks played several games at the end of a back to back, etc., etc., etc. I'm not sure there is a lot to read out of the season series other than the top Ducks line is dominant, Selanne still has jets and can score, our goaltending is far superior, and we have a team that can win 5on5 whereas the Ducks need the PP to beat us.

In other words, stay out of the box. Play Weber/Suter 28 minutes a night. Win this series. As a fan, if we get out of the first round, this season is a huge success. Last year, we got the road win. This year, we need to go to round 2 and make some noise.

04-12-2011, 02:07 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...ractice-notes/

Sully is in game shape and O'Reilly might not be seen in game one

Old
04-12-2011, 03:01 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...ractice-notes/

Shoot. Sully is in game shape and O'Reilly might not be seen in game one
Sully may be in game shape, but his game is weak, old, slow, and had it. Think back to how lousy the team was playing when he tried to come back several weeks ago. Then think about how the team played once Bam Bam and Halischuk gelled together.

I don't want to mess with the Chemistry by throwing Sully back into the mix. Is that bad?

Old
04-12-2011, 03:27 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
Sully may be in game shape, but his game is weak, old, slow, and had it. Think back to how lousy the team was playing when he tried to come back several weeks ago. Then think about how the team played once Bam Bam and Halischuk gelled together.

I don't want to mess with the Chemistry by throwing Sully back into the mix. Is that bad?
i feel the same

Old
04-12-2011, 03:59 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
i feel the same
+1. If Erat is healthy, no way would I play Sully. If Erat is hurt, I might work on re-entry for Belak. That's how weak Sully looked.

Old
04-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
also has sulzer on it, and svatos............

bouillon, lombardy, belak,etc.
it's straight from nhl.com. my paint skills aren't good enough to take folks off and make it look good.

Old
04-12-2011, 04:30 PM
jlsg

While I agree we need to be cautious about getting Sully time, it should be noted that he's played a good deal of the season hurt. The last game he played in he was skating better then he has in a long time. I think you have to look at what Sully can potentially offer and compare that to any of the 4th line guys and see that Sully may be a step up. Not to mention his special team capabilities may be helpful. I don't think he should get top 3 line time, but having him on the bench might be nice.

Old
04-12-2011, 04:47 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
it's straight from nhl.com. my paint skills aren't good enough to take folks off and make it look good.
paint, lol, i can only cut and paste.....it's why i don't do those graphic things

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
While I agree we need to be cautious about getting Sully time, it should be noted that he's played a good deal of the season hurt. The last game he played in he was skating better then he has in a long time. I think you have to look at what Sully can potentially offer and compare that to any of the 4th line guys and see that Sully may be a step up. Not to mention his special team capabilities may be helpful. I don't think he should get top 3 line time, but having him on the bench might be nice.
i know you have a lot more hockey knowledge than I do. that's why i like reading what you write.
so, would you put him in the line up on wed? and with who?
can we afford to "protect " him and his minutes from a physical anaheim team?

I am interested in anything that helps me understand more.

(frankly, when he was out there on the pp earlier in the year, i sometimes would shut my eyes and go "please sully get off the ice.")
nothing against sully.....i just think he's past his prime.

thanks ..

Old
04-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
At some point you have to give the benefit of the doubt to Trotz (did I really just say that?!) because he's seeing Sully in practice and he knows better than we do how much and to what degree he's been playing hurt this season. That doesn't excuse Trotz for playing Sully for chunks of the season when he clearly was hurting the team more than helping, but if this latest issue with Sully is truly 100% fixed and he's good to go at playoff speed/intensity, then I agree that he may be tempting to insert into the lineup.

Basically I'm saying that if Trotz is seeing something and knows something we don't, I'm open to Sully getting his minutes...if it's Trotz reaching and hoping for catching lightning, then no.

Old
04-12-2011, 07:01 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Keith Jones just picked the Preds to make it to the Finals against the Flyers.

Old
04-12-2011, 07:06 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Keith Jones just picked the Preds to make it to the Finals against the Flyers.
Haha he must've lost a bet, so he had to publicly pick the Preds to go to the finals.

NHL On The Fly does such a terrible job of analyzing things. Why only have an hour long show about the play offs if you're going to re-air it two or three times? Give it two hours, get in depth with it, and stop making fans of teams who either aren't top 3 or aren't in a big market feel gypped.

Old
04-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Some schmuck called into the Plaster show this afternoon and was pretty much saying that Ellis was going to play with a chip on his shoulder and that was going to be the reason why the Preds weren't going to win. lulz

Old
04-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Firestorm

Computer picks Preds to be in conference finals...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...pid=nhl-rxl-fb

Closed Thread