HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would you offer for Evander Kane?

Old
04-12-2011, 05:40 PM
The Mouth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
i love trade proposal threads

players we've soured on + random draft pick = superstar

lol This was spot on.

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
Pretty sure it was over here. Maybe not, if not my apologies then.
i dont believe i said that...ive been pretty steadfast that i think its been a monumental mistake forcing him in the NHL...not with that body. kid is talented as all hell, but no strength whatsoever.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 06:00 PM
boyle2boyle
HFBoards Sponsor

Burmistrov, who was much less ready physically for the NHL, put up only 6 less points than Kane did in his rookie year. Both are still under the age of 20 and by the time they are 22-23, they will be regarded as first line caliber players not only on the Thrashers, but in the NHL. Book it.

Now that that's settled, back to the actual topic at hand. Whatever the Thrashers would want for Kane would be way too much for us to offer. That being said, I'd offer:

Girardi
Grachev
Wolski
2011 2nd (WSH)
2012 1st

Kane-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Prospal-Stepan-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Sauer
McDonagh-Eminger
Del Zotto-Kundratek/Valentenko

With Kreider and McIlrath coming up in the future, I think that's a pretty solid team. Somewhat weak defense depending on how some of the young guys play, but Lundqvist makes up for that. Not sure if Atlanta takes it, not sure if it fits under the cap, but hey, it's fun to dream

boyle2boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 06:36 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I doubt they would trade him for anyone we are willing to trade.

although the previous suggested Girardi, Grachev, Wolski, 2011 2nd (WSH), 2012 1st sound ludicrous for Kane alone. Girardi and 1st already sounds like too much (but possibly fair value), but consider for a moment just how good Girardi has been for us. But factor in Kane's age and cap hit, yeah I suppose you'd have to send Girardi, Grachev, 1st + 2nd. I don't think you need to add Wolski. Plus ATL would probably not want his contract.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 06:39 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
he wont be going anywhere but for fun:

Grachev, Wolski, 2011 1st and 2011 3rd
I love when fans include two guys in a trade scenario who at this point look like trash, along with one good draft pick, and expect that it might be enough.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 06:41 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Excellent young player with all the tools. I don't think he tops out as a superstar, but definately as an All-Star.

Here's what i would offer to get him...

2011 First and Second.
Michael Del Zotto

Or...

Matz Zuccarello
Michael DelZotto
2011 2nd Rounder

Or...

Carl Hagelin
Michael Del Zotto
2011 2nd Rounder
If you were running the show for Atlanta and the Rangers came knocking with these offers, how fast would you laugh them out of the room?

Kane might be special. He is what we always hope Rangers draft picks will become but never seem to become.

Old
04-12-2011, 06:43 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

am i missing something? Kane is good but value wise, he's probably equal to Dubinsky and there is no way that I think Dubinsky is worth some other team's 1st, 2nd, 2nd, their #1 prospect, top pairing D man and a young cheap center who is albeit 3 years older, is marginally statistically the better player.

Old
04-12-2011, 06:45 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
What hurts and do we not want to give up...that's what it'll take to get him.

Dubinsky & McDonagh

for

Kane & Oduya

and maybe we get him.

And I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts and I don't want to do that deal, but that's what it's gonna take to get it done.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 07:00 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
am i missing something? Kane is good but value wise, he's probably equal to Dubinsky and there is no way that I think Dubinsky is worth some other team's 1st, 2nd, 2nd, their #1 prospect, top pairing D man and a young cheap center who is albeit 3 years older, is marginally statistically the better player.
I like Dubinsky an awful lot but I would trade him in a heartbeat for Kane.

Old
04-12-2011, 07:12 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
I can't be the only person who drools at the thought of him playing in Ranger blue (in a very hetero way mind you )

So, thats my question, what's the most you would offer for him?

Probably McIlrath and the 2011 1st.

Kane is a beast.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 07:38 PM
NY Ranger86

they wouldn't give him up for ANYTHING imo

well.......

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 07:57 PM
mcsauer2738

Honestly if we were to offer Girardi Anisimov 1st round pick I think they'd take a very long look at that offer

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

gilroy +redden +2nd, is that not good enough? throw in a 5th rounder

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post

Dubinsky & McDonagh

for

Kane & Oduya

and maybe we get him.

And I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts and I don't want to do that deal, but that's what it's gonna take to get it done.
I feel like the package of one established player and 2 high end picks/prospect combo could land him with the right pieces. Would they take Anisimov, Kreider, and a 1st for Kane? Is that enough? That is at least a fairish offer, not saying I would make that trade or that they would, but that's not an insulting offer IMO. They would probably ask us to swap Stepan with Anisimov. Your offer is more of a lateral trade, defintely fair offer, I wonder if they would take it if it was offered. The 3 for 1 offer i proposed has more potential reward IMO.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 11:34 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
Honestly if we were to offer Girardi Anisimov 1st round pick I think they'd take a very long look at that offer
Change to Stepan and add two 2s and a 3 from the other side and I think I can live with that.

Prefer AA to Stepan --- more developed, more dominant physical attributes to date.

Want elite or massive overpay for AA; Kane is solid but...
losing a great player + to only get a great player is too much coke for pepsi.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

vCash: 1081
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
gilroy +redden +2nd, is that not good enough? throw in a 5th rounder
Rozsival, Zherdev, and a 2nd & that's my final offer.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post

Dubinsky & McDonagh

for

Kane & Oduya

and maybe we get him.

Are we talking about Patrick Kane or Evander Kane here? NO ****ing way do i give up McDonagh and Dubinsky for Kane. Oduya blows and would be a waste of capspace. They would take this deal and run away laughing. If this was for Patrick Kane then i would think hard about it. But giving up a 60pt forward who does everything for this club and a defensman who shows glimpses in his rookie year that he can be just as good as Marc Staal for a 19yo Evander Kane? NO thanks. He isnt worth a Kings ransom and in my book isnt worth the extreme overpayment.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 01:08 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I like Dubinsky an awful lot but I would trade him in a heartbeat for Kane.
yes, but do you think Dubinsky is worth as much as people seem to be offering up for Kane? Some of these packages are ludicrous overpayment. Even if you have to overpay to get him, even if Atlanta was willing to trade him, it stinks of bad asset management. Sather is a shrewd trader; he's not making any crazy overpayment deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
Are we talking about Patrick Kane or Evander Kane here? NO ****ing way do i give up McDonagh and Dubinsky for Kane. Oduya blows and would be a waste of capspace. They would take this deal and run away laughing. If this was for Patrick Kane then i would think hard about it. But giving up a 60pt forward who does everything for this club and a defensman who shows glimpses in his rookie year that he can be just as good as Marc Staal for a 19yo Evander Kane? NO thanks. He isnt worth a Kings ransom and in my book isnt worth the extreme overpayment.
yes yes yes. Although Dubi + McD <--> Kane + Oduya is pretty close in value, I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment.

Old
04-13-2011, 01:23 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
yes, but do you think Dubinsky is worth as much as people seem to be offering up for Kane? Some of these packages are ludicrous overpayment. Even if you have to overpay to get him, even if Atlanta was willing to trade him, it stinks of bad asset management. Sather is a shrewd trader; he's not making any crazy overpayment deals.
Yup... I think people think about trading for Kane like we'd be adding him to our current mix of players without subtracting anyone significant.... Adding Kane while losing Dubinsky and another roster player or good prospect is only marginally improving our organization, at least in the short term. And there's a risk involved because it's unknown whether Kane is going to develop into a 30 goal 60 point player or a 40 goal 80 point player... That's up in the air... I'd rather stick with our proven commodities and round out our team with home grown talent... Quantity can compensate for quality... You don't necessarily need two 40 goal scorers in your top 6 if you have 4-5 guys good for 20-25 goals a piece. Having your depth spread out across multiple players is also good for compensating for injuries and makes your team a bit more difficult to line match against.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 01:32 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
You would think hard if it was Patrick Kane?

I would say yes and run out the door before the period came at the end of the sentence.