HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2011 NHL Entry Draft/Other Prospects (All NON-RANGERS Prospect Discussion - Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2011, 07:35 PM
TrollololBoyle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
lol, they actually won it?
Went from 8th to 4th. The best part is that they leapfrogged the Islanders

They were guaranteed to get a good player anyway.

Old
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
lol, they actually won it?
What's the percentage of that happening from 8th? 3%? Unbelievable.

Old
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
The Rangers have an identity now, and it starts with Cally and Dubi. Both Macneill and Zibanejad would be great picks at 15, but Mika shot up the final rankings so he might be top-10. But Macneill is a guy I think wed all enjoy for a while. Two-way playmaking center with a mean streak and scoring touch? Sign me up.
MacKenzie just unveiled a lottery night top 10, based upon input from scouts and GMs, and Mika has made the top 10. Unless the Rangers trade up, I think he's out of reach. McNeil is my pick right now.

Old
04-12-2011, 07:36 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post

But Hamilton/Murphy just turned into possibly Larsson. What a joke.

Old
04-12-2011, 07:39 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
But Hamilton/Murphy just turned into possibly Larsson. What a joke.
Nah...I think the Oil take RNH, and Larsson goes to the Avs. The Debbies end up with one of Landeskog, Couturier or Huberdeau.

Old
04-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
MacKenzie just unveiled a lottery night top 10, based upon input from scouts and GMs, and Mika has made the top 10. Unless the Rangers trade up, I think he's out of reach. McNeil is my pick right now.
McNeil will be out of reach soon too with his late season play.

Devs win the lotto,unreal, they're gonna go hard after Larsson or Landeskog. Terrific.

Old
04-12-2011, 07:45 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post

Devs win the lotto,unreal, they're gonna go hard after Larsson or Landeskog. Terrific.
Don't start with me, BN!!!

Old
04-12-2011, 07:51 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post

Or they can trade back and get Murphy/Hamilton and get a last 1st/2nd round pick.

Old
04-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Provolone*

Put me down for Joel Armia. Armia-Stepan-Kreider sounds like a good future to me.

I don't think the Rangers need to worry about goalies this draft. Got hank for the next 3 years and probably career....he only just turned 29 and goalies are playing well into their mid/late 30s.

This team needs offense, offense, OFFENSE!

Old
04-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Would be pretty humorous if the 1st they lost had to be this year's.

Old
04-12-2011, 09:18 PM
RangerBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Or they can trade back and get Murphy/Hamilton and get a last 1st/2nd round pick.
Lou is gonna trip and fall running to the mike to pick Coutourier at 4

Old
04-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Where did McNeil come from? Seems to have come out of left field. Care to elaborate a little more, Trx? the Kesler comparison is indeed very intriguing.
McNeill is one of those guys that has been hanging around the 20's for the better part of the season. Busts his ass every shift, and plays with a nice edge to his game. He's willing to drop the mitts and is a decent fighter, plus he's built like a tank and throws a solid body check.

Excellent two way game, and is solid in the face-off dot, so he likely translates as a center in the NHL. He has a good, heavy shot, but not the quickest release. Soft hands for a big guy and makes solid passes, but he's not overly creative. The guy is an absolute puck hound and is willing to do whatever it takes to get the puck in the net.

Had a poor rookie season in the dub thanks to a tear in his Achilles tendon, but he's having a stellar 2nd year. Over a PPG on a pretty mediocre Raiders squad this year.

He's one of those guys that has a game which translates very well to the NHL, and more specifically to the Rangers. Hard to anticipate his upside right now given how quickly he's progressing.

Old
04-12-2011, 10:43 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Would be pretty humorous if the 1st they lost had to be this year's.
don't be silly. nj gets to pick when they have to give up the draft pick. gary would never do that to his buttbuddy lou

Old
04-12-2011, 10:50 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:

Best part???? This just ruined my night. Good grief. Now they have a shot at the best Dman in the draft or a future captain in Gabriel Landeskog. This is horrific. Great night to be a Devils fan. Excuse me while I go throw up.

Old
04-12-2011, 10:57 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
don't be silly. nj gets to pick when they have to give up the draft pick. gary would never do that to his buttbuddy lou
Why should he? Isn't the fact that they are giving up a pick at all for not doing anything that broke a rule bad enough?

Old
04-12-2011, 10:58 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Best part???? This just ruined my night. Good grief. Now they have a shot at the best Dman in the draft or a future captain in Gabriel Landeskog. This is horrific. Great night to be a Devils fan. Excuse me while I go throw up.
Once again, this is nothing to be grieving over. It's not like the Devils are running away with the hottest girl in class, they'll get a good one, no doubt, but they are a very good team regardless of who they end up with. It is just a draft, and it is just a pick, I haven't had one thought about it since the lottery ended, and I will continue on not caring. If you draft well, it doesn't matter whose pick is higher.

Old
04-12-2011, 10:59 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Why should he? Isn't the fact that they are giving up a pick at all for not doing anything that broke a rule bad enough?
The joke is that they get to choose when to accept their punishment. It's bush league. They should have simply forfeited this years pick and that's that. None of this take up to 4 years to decide nonsense. That they actually won the lottery this year and get to keep the pick is a disgrace plain and simple.

Old
04-12-2011, 11:01 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Once again, this is nothing to be grieving over. It's not like the Devils are running away with the hottest girl in class, they'll get a good one, no doubt, but they are a very good team regardless of who they end up with. It is just a draft, and it is just a pick, I haven't had one thought about it since the lottery ended, and I will continue on not caring. If you draft well, it doesn't matter whose pick is higher.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Look at the teams that have success. Nearly all of them have had top picks in the draft. Now the already dangerous Devils get to reload and add a stud to the mix. This was a year where there were no consensus #1 picks...but rather a half dozen guys rated above the rest. They went from not getting one of those guys to getting one. I'm not saying it wins them the Cup...but if they do it will likely be in part because of it.

Old
04-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Alien Valuating

Whatever, whether they get Couturier or Landeskog or even Larsson, it's just another player that I'll get to enjoy hating on. Or better yet, maybe we'll get to enjoy watching said player turn into a bust

Old
04-12-2011, 11:30 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
The joke is that they get to choose when to accept their punishment. It's bush league. They should have simply forfeited this years pick and that's that. None of this take up to 4 years to decide nonsense. That they actually won the lottery this year and get to keep the pick is a disgrace plain and simple.
What???

The joke is that they are being punished AT ALL. The fact that they are being punished is a disgrace.

They did nothing wrong. They broke no rule. The league arbitrarily decided that they crossed some undefined threshold. If this was the Rangers that were getting punished despite breaking no regulation, you'd be up in arms.

Old
04-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

I see the Rangers targeting one of: McNeill, Zia, Bartschi, and Puempel.

Zia would be my pick but him and likely McNeill will be gone. It wouldnt surprise me if they went for the likes of Miller/Biggs/Rattie either.

Old
04-12-2011, 11:38 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
What???

The joke is that they are being punished AT ALL. The fact that they are being punished is a disgrace.

They did nothing wrong. They broke no rule. The league arbitrarily decided that they crossed some undefined threshold. If this was the Rangers that were getting punished despite breaking no regulation, you'd be up in arms.
Both the player and the GM were aware that Kovalchuk had no intention of playing out the contract. It was a clear attempt at cap circumvention. Anyway, no need to rehash what happened a year ago.

Old
04-13-2011, 06:57 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The Debbies were found guilty of circumvention which a big NO NO. Why is that so hard for some people to understand? Those long term contracts are designed to lower the cap hit when the team and player know the player is NOT playing for the full term.

It's in the CBA. Bettman had the full authority to punish any team found guilty of circumvention. The NHL warned teams about these contracts. The PA protected Kovalchuk and Grossman from being punished and they threw Lou under the bus. The PA appealed the NHL's rejection of the first contract and they lost. The arbitrator ruled in favor of the NHL.

Is there really much difference between picking #4 and #8 in this draft? Not a generation player in the group. No clear cut #1 pick. Most if not all of the top players need another year or two before playing in the NHL. A group of 8-10 players who are a cut above the rest of the draft. It's all of a matter of preference and need.

Skinner was the 7th pick last June and he would be the #1 pick if there was a do over.

Old
04-13-2011, 07:06 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

1-Oilers
2-Avs
3-Florida
4-Debbies
5-Islanders
6-Ottawa
7-Thrashers
8-Columbus
9-Bruins(Toronto)
10-Wild
11-Avs(Blues)
12-Canes
13-Flames
14-Stars
-------------------------Playoff teams--------------------------------------------------------------------------
15-RANGERS
16-Sabres
17-Habs
18-Hawks
19-Oilers(Kings)
20-Coyotes
21-Ottawa(Nashville)
22-Anaheim
23-TB
24-Pittsburgh
--------------------------Picks #25-#30 Division winners-----------------------------------------------------
25-Leafs(Boston)
26-Wings
27-SJ
28-Leafs(Philly)
29-Caps
30-Canucks

Old
04-13-2011, 08:02 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredden View Post
I see the Rangers targeting one of: McNeill, Zia, Bartschi, and Puempel.

Zia would be my pick but him and likely McNeill will be gone. It wouldnt surprise me if they went for the likes of Miller/Biggs/Rattie either.
Miller piques my interest, too. I think he's headed to a very good program at North Dakota.

Last edited by jas: 04-13-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Closed Thread