HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider is staying at BC (Won't change mind. Summer school)

Old
04-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
When Kreider is signed I think he will make the jump right to the NHL........I look at this as an opportunity for Hagelin to take a 3rd line LW slot. I think he will

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Entirely different player, though. I am the biggest proponent around for a player staying in school and for being in the NCAA. Kreider is one of the few I would ever argue for to leave very early for (others like Stepan just had zero left to prove, so it was a good move for him) who are not complete yet.

Kreider would have been better off in the Q, shockingly enough, IMHO. His offensive game is going to be his biggest weapon and I feel it would have developed quicker and, frankly, better in the Q. I really don't care about his overall game since the speed he has would make up for it and help him in learning the two-way game much faster than the average prospect.

Chris NEEDS to get out of the NCAA. He needs to either move on to the next level or play as an overager in the Q. He needs to develop that offense more of his.

The NCAA is not the place for him right now.
I think that there is one aspect of this discussion that you may be overlooking and it's the fact that Kreider playing where he wants to play at this stage of his career may be the most important and influential aspect of his development. Carolina had a similar interest in Zac Dalpe, as he was an OHL draft pick for Plymouth and a commitment to Ohio State. As you may or may not know, Peter Karmanos owns the Whalers of the OHL, and the organization was pushing him very hard to go the OHL route. Instead, he honored his commitment to Ohio State, produced 2 amazing seasons, and had a remarkable rookie season for us this year being named to the AHL all-rookie team and scoring 3 goals at the NHL level in what was a hint of things to come.

If a player is where he wants to be playing and training, then he's going to work that way. I think far too often we look at these young players like they're enclosed in a bubble and their circumstances and comfort level have very little to do with their development both personally and professionally. If Kreider went to the Q or went to Hartford and became disillusioned with his game or frustrated for whatever reason, then his development would suffer greatly. At this stage, the greatest attribute you can have in a prospect is his own inspiration to get better. If Kreider feels inspired by staying at BC, then that's where he needs to be because that is where he'll work the hardest to improve his game.

When a player makes the jump, everything becomes so much more clinical and obviously professional. Few players have that approach at such a young age. They want to have fun and they want to win. That is the source of the motivation.

And since to me, playing in the Q was never a realistic option for Kreider, it seems that the AHL would be a step too far in his development at this stage when he hasn't been able to play point per game hockey in the NCAA. You want a kid to make the jump when his confidence is as high as it can possibly be. I think a year of domination at BC and perhaps another Frozen Four appearance or championship would be a perfect way to enter your professional career.

Vagrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 08:25 PM
free0717

Ive posted this before. Kreider's dream was to play college hockey in Boston. He is living his dream. Best bet let him play his Junior year @ BC. There will be a lockout the next season (2012-13) which will be his senior season. Let him come out 2013-14. He will be polished and ready to play top 6 minutes.

Fellow Ranger Fans "Have Patience"

Just remember, Doctor's lose there patience with patients without patience.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 09:35 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Kreider will participate in the WC

Quote:
NYR prospect & BC forward, Chris Kreider set to represent US at World Championships for the 2nd year in a row.
http://twitter.com/JulieRobenhymer/s...43388476690432

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 09:35 PM
frankthefrowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
Ive posted this before. Kreider's dream was to play college hockey in Boston. He is living his dream. Best bet let him play his Junior year @ BC. There will be a lockout the next season (2012-13) which will be his senior season. Let him come out 2013-14. He will be polished and ready to play top 6 minutes.

Fellow Ranger Fans "Have Patience"

Just remember, Doctor's lose there patience with patients without patience.
Wait Lockout? you really think the league and players are dumb enough to do that **** again??

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 09:36 PM
frankthefrowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Now this should be interesting...

Old
04-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Thanks RB.

Continued interest in the kid at such a young age really suggest something, to me at least.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 09:40 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

The NHL will do everything in its power to avoid another lockout.

Kreider is NOT going to take another 3 years to reach the NHL.

2013-14?

People think I'M crazy?

Where has Kreider, himself, publicly stated he's staying in BC THIS summer?

Let's see what happens when the Rangers put a guaranteed ELC in front of him in May.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 09:50 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:

Great news.

But again...I'm crazy. NHL scouts, the Rangers organization, E.J. McGuire (RIP), Pierre McGwire...USA Hockey...they're all crazy too I guess.

If Kreider is physically ready to play against Pro hockey players on the international stage, then he's physically ready to play Pro hockey.

Its all mental and what he wants at this stage.

Rangers haven't offered an ELC yet. They will. Let's see what happens when they do.

Old
04-12-2011, 09:51 PM
frankthefrowner

Like some have said he hasnt been offered a contract by the rangers. Im sure they will and i have no doubt that once they do he'll announce he's leaving to come here..

Is there a more kid friendly team?

Old
04-12-2011, 10:01 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I made a list earlier in the thread of summer events Kreider will probably be a part of.

Word Championships was one of them.

So, check.

The others were...

Prospect Camp
The Draft
Traverse City
And other PR events.

The only one of them Kreider would potentially have to miss or pay out of pocket for is the Traverse City Tournament.

Old
04-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Excellent. For those who do not know, Versus will be airing some WC games, so we can all get a look at him.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Pizza

I know I'll be watching.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 10:52 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Excellent. For those who do not know, Versus will be airing some WC games, so we can all get a look at him.
That's good, Only caught two BC games last year, so any air-time for him is good.

DMPD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:59 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I made a list earlier in the thread of summer events Kreider will probably be a part of.

So, check.

The others were...

Prospect Camp
The Draft
Traverse City
And other PR events.

The only one of them Kreider would potentially have to miss or pay out of pocket for is the Traverse City Tournament.
He has to pay for all events out of his pocket or he loses amateur status. And if he attends any events while class is in session (i.e. Traverse City) he immediately becomes ineligible.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Pugs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post

So, check.

The others were...

Prospect Camp
The Draft
Traverse City
And other PR events.

Wait why would he go to the draft?

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 06:42 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Prospects camp will be June 27-July 1. Always the Monday after the draft. Kreider will be there. Torts will be there. Torts wants Kreider to turn pro.

Quote:
"I wish he turned pro last year. I hope he turns pro next year. . . . I hope he's with us," Tortorella said after the Rangers practiced Tuesday in Greenburgh. "He's a sophomore now and we're anxious to get him involved in pro hockey because we think he's got some good stuff to offer and want to get him tracked up here with us as soon as possible."
Quote:
"But from a coach, we want to sink our teeth into (Kreider) as quickly as possible to get him into a situation where he becomes a Ranger as quickly as possible."
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011...hl-connecticut

Kreider better be ready for a big time sales pitch.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 06:46 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Pretty sure most teams invite some of their younger players or prospects to the draft.

Its PR.

And gives new draftees an opportunity to interact with players already in the organization.

Its an event he may or may not be at.

But like any prospect the Rangers have them attend events.

They had Maggio involved in PR events this year.

Old
04-13-2011, 06:51 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Prospects camp will be June 27-July 1. Always the Monday after the draft. Kreider will be there. Torts will be there. Torts wants Kreider to turn pro.

Thanks RangerBoy.

Confirms what I've been saying.

Everyone in the organization including Torts wants this kid badly.

Been saying Torts would "sink his teeth in Kreider". Funny Torts said those exact words.

Kreider is a prototypical Tortorella hockey player.

The Rangers are going to be all over Kreider this summer.

That's why I'm saying he will be invited to all these events over the summer.

The more involved they get him, the closer they get.

Old
04-13-2011, 07:26 AM
msv957

Quote:

Thanks for the posts. I think this Kreider thing going back to BC is far from being a done deal.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 07:28 AM
Levitate

Hopefully he gets an established role and some decent icetime at this WC. 3rd line role, whatever, just give him a chance

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 07:57 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Kesler, Dubinsky, Callahan, Pavelski, Kane, Brown...are all in the NHL playoffs.

Kessel, Booth, Byfuglien(F & D)...are out of the playoffs, you'd think they would be invited.

I think its safe to say Kreider will be given an opportunity with Team USA by nature with so many of their usual top guys unavailable.

Old
04-13-2011, 08:08 AM
Blueblood 2

About the only thing not said already here is that college coaching is more than half about recruiting impressionable High School kids. Coach was doing his job and telling kids, and their parents, on the fence right now, to commit to BC. We are going to be good and you will get to play with future NHL stars! Our kids turn down Pro money to stay here and get a degree. They love my program and the college!

Blueblood 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 08:14 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

Quote:
"I wish he turned pro last year. I hope he turns pro next year. . . . I hope he's with us," Tortorella said after the Rangers practiced Tuesday in Greenburgh. "He's a sophomore now and we're anxious to get him involved in pro hockey because we think he's got some good stuff to offer and want to get him tracked up here with us as soon as possible."
Quote:
"But from a coach, we want to sink our teeth into (Kreider) as quickly as possible to get him into a situation where he becomes a Ranger as quickly as possible."

Yup, a week at prospect camp, being couted by Tortorella, followed by a multi-million dollar contract offer, yeah, BC won't look nearly as enticing as it does right now.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 08:20 AM
Sockosensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood 2 View Post
About the only thing not said already here is that college coaching is more than half about recruiting impressionable High School kids. Coach was doing his job and telling kids, and their parents, on the fence right now, to commit to BC. We are going to be good and you will get to play with future NHL stars! Our kids turn down Pro money to stay here and get a degree. They love my program and the college!
Bingo!

Sockosensei is offline   Reply With Quote