HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Re-sign Fedotenko?? yes or no

Old
04-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Re-sign Fedotenko?? yes or no

even if it is a raise from 1.0 to 2.0 i really think the Rangers should bring him back. a 2 year deal wont be so bad. he is only 31 and he still has some value around the league. torts loves him and puts him in key situations this year.

if sather lets Fedotenko walk i think it will hurt more than people think, a player's character is important to a teams success.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Ail
k.

Yup. Give him at least another year. The young guys in camp would really have to play phenomenal to warrant giving them a spot over him, and even then he'd be a good guy to keep around as a scratch if they all did play lights-out.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

vCash: 1081
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
While $2m may be a little much, I'd absolutely re-sign him to the same or similar deal he's got going on now. I was a bit skeptical at the time of the signing but have grown to love his play, it was absolutely integral to this squad this year and criminally understated and underrated. I'd love to see him back next year.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:02 PM
TrollololBoyle

It all depends on the Richards situation. If they can keep one of Prospal or Fedotenko for another year or so, then I hope they do so. If they can't fit those two in the cap after signing Richards, then so be it.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
It all depends on the Richards situation. If they can keep one of Prospal or Fedotenko for another year or so, then I hope they do so. If they can't fit those two in the cap after signing Richards, then so be it.
Fedotenko was a teammate of Richards, same for Prospal. I bet Sather tries to keep Prospal and Feds if he gets Richards..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:19 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

vCash: 827
Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
at the right price.

McNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:24 PM
NYR Viper

We all witnessed the injuries this season. Why not bring him back at a million or so and at least let him battle for a spot.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:32 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Love him this year. Great signing....

For the right money re-sign, but have to see about what becomes available at the draft and July 1st as well

04-12-2011, 11:33 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Probably, but lets wait and see what he does in the playoffs first.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
I don't think he's going to get that big of a raise.

2 years @ 1.25 mil each I could see

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:51 PM
17futurecap

Hope he is back, from a training camp invitee to playing 66 games this year, not too bad. He also seems to be a "Torts" guy.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Hope he is back, from a training camp invitee to playing 66 games this year, not too bad. He also seems to be a "Torts" guy.
and keep in mind he wasn't a healthy scratch.

He missed those games because he got hurt.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:58 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
and keep in mind he wasn't a healthy scratch.

He missed those games because he got hurt.
Yup, would have been in there for all 82 if not for the injury.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:55 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Pass. We're in the process of rebuilding...if we were going to go on a cup run I would say yes in a heartbeat, but we need to continue to incorporate more youth on this club. Grachev, Hagelin, Kreider (if he signs) they need to have a spot to win imho.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 01:08 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Probably, but lets wait and see what he does in the playoffs first.
I would like to see him here next season. But he has to earn it in the PO`s.

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 01:18 AM
Sticky Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Pass. We're in the process of rebuilding...if we were going to go on a cup run I would say yes in a heartbeat, but we need to continue to incorporate more youth on this club. Grachev, Hagelin, Kreider (if he signs) they need to have a spot to win imho.
Injuries will satiesfy the need for space. I think most young guys do better without the pressure of being "locked for a spot" at the start of the season, lex MDZ. When they are sent up and play better than the player scratched, they shall have their spot on the team.

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 01:29 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
Injuries will satiesfy the need for space. I think most young guys do better without the pressure of being "locked for a spot" at the start of the season, lex MDZ. When they are sent up and play better than the player scratched, they shall have their spot on the team.
a guy like Grachev may not come back again if we dont have a spot for him to win. not saying that you let yourself be held hostage by him.

anyways, id rather keep Prospal anyway, and i dont think we'll be able to keep both.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 01:29 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

The Rangers are a better team with him in the lineup. Ideal veteran, especially if Drury is bought out. If he's getting just a slight raise, bring him back. 2 Mil, imo, would be too much.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 02:25 AM
darko

1 year deal for similar $$$. Dont see him getting too much raise.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 03:35 AM
eco's bones

Depends on the cap situation. Whether they sign Richards and how much the RFA's--Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Sauer, Boyle--cost. I like Fedotenko--Prospal as well--but the Rangers are going to have to have enough cap space to make them fit.

A lot comes down to what happens to Drury--if the Rangers don't buy him out and his cap hit comes back things get really complicated. The best thing he could do for us is retire. The whole cap hit is off the books. Chances of trading him are slim. Buying him out means taking part of his cap hit. The other factor is how much higher the cap will rise.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 03:38 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
Yup make them earn it, youth movement or not. If Drury is gone, they will want a vet presence with Cup experience, be it Feds or Vinny, or both.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 06:25 AM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

I think itl come down to prospal or feds, don't think sather keeps both.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 07:25 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
a guy like Grachev may not come back again if we dont have a spot for him to win. not saying that you let yourself be held hostage by him.

anyways, id rather keep Prospal anyway, and i dont think we'll be able to keep both.
We have 12 spots for Grachev to win. If he doesn't earn a spot on the team, he doesn't deserve to be with the big club. I want him to succeed just like everyone else, but handing him a spot is the last thing we should be doing as a club. If both Feds and Prospal want to come back, and are willing to take a reasonable contract, you take that every day of the week. They provide veteran leadership, are hard workers, good lockerroom guys, and can still actually play.

If a 20 - 23 year old trying to break into the league can't outplay 2 30+ vets, they're not ready. This team is rebuilding for sure, but they're not just going to hand young guys a spot. Only bottomfeeding teams do that. If Grachev feels like he's entitled to a spot on the Rangers because he's been in Hartford for 2 years, he can go somewhere else for all I care. I'm not saying that's how he feels. But if it is, I don't want him around. The entitlement attitude days of this team are over (thankfully), be it vets on retirement contracts, or youngsters that feel they've earned a shot simply because we drafted them.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 07:30 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
I don't think we're in rebuilding mode anymore. IMO we're a Brad Richards away from NOT being considered easy pickings for the Caps or the rest of the EC. You win with tough, gritty veterans like Feds in your bottom 6. Keep in mind he's only 32, not Vinny P. levels of ancient .

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 07:39 AM
beef 4 lunch

Quote:
Agreed. Time for Feds to move along, although i appreciate what he's done here, maybe not as much as other here.

beef 4 lunch is offline   Reply With Quote