HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Capuano Agrees to a New Deal

Old
04-12-2011, 04:02 PM
crashthenet

vCash: 500
He turned guys loose and allowed them to play to their strengths. Deployed muscle at the right times. I'm good with this move, now fix the PP.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 04:04 PM
crashthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs View Post
And how he deals with the DP saga going into and beyond Game 1 of next season. Being forced (or feeling you must play someone) that may not give you the best chance of winning is never a comfortable feeling or a recpie for success.

Maybe Capuano just doesn't give a crap - he'll play who he needs to. Cappy has been pretty adamant in the press in saying "he is not going to change who I am." He is also getting DP at one of his lowest "documented" points - meaning the evidence against Rick is pretty overwhelming in the DP is close to being done category.
Maybe his loyalty will be with Montoya who played a big part in this extension.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Stercrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
was that the same due diligence that landed PA Parenteau as the annointed JT winger last July?

Let's face it, Snow didn't interview anyone for this job (none that we know of anyway)

I called the team Capuano took over as the "worst team I'd ever seen in the NHL" and I meant it. Capuano looked like Peter Griffin behind the bench for the first month. Looked confused, a bit scared, very nervous. He looked completely out of his element.

But something happened along the way. The team got better, the team grew "balls", Tavares started playing MUCH better (I'd referred to him as the second WORST #1 C in the NHL behind Bozak), Grabner came from nowhere and even though injuries actually GOT WORSE, the team just got better.

I'm not sure how much of that is Capuano, the person, the personality vs the Xs and Os of a good coach - but this team definitely "took a step" under Capuano.

I don't mind that he's back. I think next year is just another step. Unless there are at least TWO impact players added (1 fwd, 1 defenseman) and luck/health in goal, this still isn't a playoff team IMO. (And I don't think Nino/deHaan/Couturier will be impactful enough as rookies next year)

So I don't mind that he's back but (as I'm used to with this team) I don't like the WAY they went about this whole process.
What he said.....but I do think they are a playoff team next year.

Stercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Augscura

I like Cappy, this is great news!

Augscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 05:50 AM
scott99

I love this move, stability breeds success. He's a good coach and he proved it.

scott99 is online now   Reply With Quote