HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

All-Visiting From Out of Town/Ticket Thread for the Washington Capitals

Old
03-25-2011, 04:19 PM
blasimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
I got that early in the week....seriously....anyone willing to buy standing room only for those prices...is a a fool in my book.
Yeah, sounds crazy to me too. But it's my first year in DC and I really hope to get season tickets! Bah!

blasimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Koized

I was wondering if anyone with experience from last year could comment. I'm graduating from University this spring and my parents would like to take me to a Capitals playoff game for my graduation present, now my question is how difficult is it to get tickets to the playoff games?

We would be able to be in Washington for the period of April 25th to May 1st, so from looking at last year's playoff schedule and the fact the playoffs begin on April 13th this would include potentially game seven of the first round (if it went that far) and the first game of the second round (if they make it) and potentially game two of the second round.

If game 7 of the first round doesn't fall within that period (or it doesn't go that far) or the Capitals don't have home ice advantage for the 2nd round or don't make it that far ( ) then I would not be going.

Koized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 07:08 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

There will be tickets available on stubHub. It's all a matter of how much your parents are willing to pay.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 08:54 PM
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn

So I've been in DC for 2 days visiting PhD programs at Georgetown and Catholic University and deciding which one I want to attend. I know I can't afford to live by Georgetown and I don't want to live by Catholic.

So where are a couple of good areas in DC to get an apartment in a safe part of town with access to Metro? I've heard Columbia Heights and Mt. Pleasant are good neighborhoods...keep in mind that Universities are perhaps the only establishments that believe people can live on a yearly income that is below the poverty line.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated folks!

USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 11:55 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
So I've been in DC for 2 days visiting PhD programs at Georgetown and Catholic University and deciding which one I want to attend. I know I can't afford to live by Georgetown and I don't want to live by Catholic.

So where are a couple of good areas in DC to get an apartment in a safe part of town with access to Metro? I've heard Columbia Heights and Mt. Pleasant are good neighborhoods...keep in mind that Universities are perhaps the only establishments that believe people can live on a yearly income that is below the poverty line.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated folks!
I'd avoid living in DC all together. Northern Virginia is cheaper, and much of it Metro-accessible. Arlington is typically the hot spot for yuppies and students. If you end up choosing Georgetown, the Rosslyn neighborhood of Arlington is right across the Key Bridge from Georgetown. Plenty of people make that walk daily for work/school/going out. Ballston, Courthouse, Crystal City and Pentagon City are other Arlington options. Old Town Alexandria is another nice area (one I'm partial to), but it's an older crowd, and the Metro isn't as prevalent. It really depends what kind of "scene" you're looking for.

Old
03-31-2011, 10:07 PM
piercehannigan

Sabres-Caps Tickets

Is anyone trying to sell tickets to the Saturday game?

piercehannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:02 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Anyone interested in 2 tickets for the game on April 6?

Old
04-02-2011, 03:34 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehannigan View Post
Is anyone trying to sell tickets to the Saturday game?
I haven't seen secondary-market Caps tickets this expensive in a LONG time

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 07:26 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
a little off topic but anyone know someone selling tiesto tickets for next weekend?

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 07:51 AM
drwmike

I have 2 tickets for the panthers finale against the Capitals this Saturday. As usual they are lower level on the blue line row 11, with patron club access included. The game is in florida, pm me or email me msm2000@comcast.net

drwmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:01 AM
CarolinaCapsFan

Playoff Ticket Questions

I'm a Caps fan currently living in North Carolina and I'm planning on going to DC for the long Easter weekend. We are staying at the Hampton Inn near the Convention Center which is supposed to be within walking distance from the Verizon Center. Is anyone familiar with the location?

Also, I'm looking forward to taking my son to his first hockey game (living in NC I frequent the RBC Center when the Caps are in town but I'm determined that his first game will be in DC). I'm hoping that a game 5 with land on either April 22nd, 23rd or 24th. Will first round tickets be available to the general public and if not, what would be the best source? Also, I know the Caps limit ticket sales to out of town area codes when the Pens, Flyers and such are in town. Any word on if they will do this for Carolina?

Thanks everyone.

CarolinaCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Foy

There will not be a ticket sale for the general public. Your best bet is Stubhub, but be prepared to pay out the butt. It will be the playoffs. The cheapest tickets on Stubhub right now are $84 a pop.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Jersey Goalie

Tailgating in DC - Possible?

Is it possible to tailgate in DC? I found the old convention center parking lot on Google maps (across from the Grand Hyatt) - it's pretty big. Can a car or two set up shop with a few chairs and drink beer in brown paper bags there for a couple hours before Friday's game? Or are cops all over the open container laws? Also what about firing up a small grill?

Thanks in advance for any advice guys...

Jersey Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 08:10 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Goalie View Post
Is it possible to tailgate in DC? I found the old convention center parking lot on Google maps (across from the Grand Hyatt) - it's pretty big. Can a car or two set up shop with a few chairs and drink beer in brown paper bags there for a couple hours before Friday's game? Or are cops all over the open container laws? Also what about firing up a small grill?

Thanks in advance for any advice guys...
The lot as of a few weeks ago is no longer a parking lot

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Koized

For people looking for tickets this website might help, I just stumbled upon it:

http://tickets.washingtonpost.com/te...tID=1156148180

I already purchased my tickets before I found it so I'm not sure how helpful it is, but it looks like it compiles the available tickets from all different sources (ebay, stubhub, post, etc.) so it should help.

Koized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 06:50 AM
Thndrstm

tix for tonights game

I am a STH with 2 extra tickets for tonights game I can't use. Sec 423 Row P. I will sell them at my cost. I can send you the confirmation email from the caps as proof. Can either meet you near Camp Springs MD or near Fairfax or email them after Paypal payment.

Thndrstm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 09:38 AM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Quote:
SWhyno #Caps Scratches tonight (no surprise) seem to be Fehr, King, Beagle, Collins, Sloan and obv. Poti, Wideman.
So,

8 - 19 - 22
21 - 44 - 28
25 - 90 - 18
26 - 15 - 10

?

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 09:53 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA View Post
So,

8 - 19 - 22
21 - 44 - 28
25 - 90 - 18
26 - 15 - 10

?
Swap 18 and 21. That's what they practiced with.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 11:04 AM
WcRoenick97

Looking to make my first Caps playoff game this year! Just moved up to the area recently. If anyone has an extra ticket they are trying to sell or get rid of, please send me a message. Thanks!

WcRoenick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 09:05 PM
CarolinaCapsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCapsFan View Post
I'm a Caps fan currently living in North Carolina and I'm planning on going to DC for the long Easter weekend. We are staying at the Hampton Inn near the Convention Center which is supposed to be within walking distance from the Verizon Center. Is anyone familiar with the location?

Also, I'm looking forward to taking my son to his first hockey game (living in NC I frequent the RBC Center when the Caps are in town but I'm determined that his first game will be in DC). I'm hoping that a game 5 with land on either April 22nd, 23rd or 24th. Will first round tickets be available to the general public and if not, what would be the best source? Also, I know the Caps limit ticket sales to out of town area codes when the Pens, Flyers and such are in town. Any word on if they will do this for Carolina?

Thanks everyone.
We're still looking at ticket options. Does anyone have 3 upper level tickets for Saturday available? PM me if so...

CarolinaCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Anyone have two for game two? Hoping to make the trip down on Sunday. After seeing that crowd in the first round, I've decided this is something i have to experience in person.

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 11:28 AM
patnyrnyg

Season ticket holders....

Can anyone verify if Caps season ticket holders were given access to Winter Classic Tickets before a public onsale? Thankyou.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 11:34 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Yes.

Old
05-13-2011, 02:47 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

That's correct.

6 - Number of playoff series the Capitals have won since George McPhee took over as General Manager in 1997 (which makes him the third-longest-tenured GM in the League), three of which came in McPhee's first season on the job.
CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 08:05 AM
patnyrnyg

Thank you. Were they guaranteed tickets if they wanted, or did it go to a lottery?

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote