HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boogaard is done as a NY Ranger

Old
04-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
So Larry Brooks states it so now I can confirm my source.
It was torts himself who told me Boogy was done. I take a lot of crap on here and to the guys who stuck up for me thanks a lot and it means a lot.

"http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2011-ar...sent-home.html

and for everyone questioning dagoon this came out today:

Larry Brooks at the New York Post reports that the Rangers have sent Derek Boogaard, who has not played since sustaining a concussion on Dec. 9th, home.

Boogaard had started to skate on his own and participated in several optional morning skates at the practice rink during the middle of March even though a return this year had been ruled out. "

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 09:23 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Dagoon is rarely wrong when he comes out with a statement like this. I don't see why people still feel the need to bash him.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 09:36 AM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Dagoon is rarely wrong when he comes out with a statement like this. I don't see why people still feel the need to bash him.
Probably because Dagoon states things out of left field with 'Eklund-esque' source use. I don't mind though, I like it and I agree he is rarely wrong.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Dagoon44

Prust is a pillow puncher that is a heart and soul guy but far from a heavy.His losses directly resulted in 2 losses this season one in Atlanta and one at home vs Pitt. He is fine vs the Ashams of the world but not the Godards or Thorntons

Old
04-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Probably because Dagoon states things out of left field with 'Eklund-esque' source use. I don't mind though, I like it and I agree he is rarely wrong.
I don't come out of left field I just get stories that no one else has or cares about. The atlanta losing 15 million I had 6 months before anyone and people killed me and yet now it is a lead on TSN I had the union stuff 3 weeks before anyone also and killed only on here. I understand my take on hockey is vastly different then most on here and thats why I post less but with the goons I am hardly wrong I had Brashear to Rangers and Boogy to Rangers first no one cared and topics were deleted I am used to it on here.

Old
04-13-2011, 09:44 AM
xxxZENxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Torts had an issue with Boogaard's conditioning from the first day of training camp.He lost some weight and then his conditioning regressed again with the concussion. Boogaard couldn't work out so he got heavy again.

Rangers sending him home. What did Boogaard do?
Boogaard cannot play in Tortorella's scheme, so the coach clearly doesn't want him on the team. I don't think Boogaard necessarily did anything... he just was a terrible fit and that won't change.

It is worth noting that Boogie didn't really seem happy. His face and body language always suggested that... or at least to me it did.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Diehardfan419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
I don't come out of left field I just get stories that no one else has or cares about. The atlanta losing 15 million I had 6 months before anyone and people killed me and yet now it is a lead on TSN I had the union stuff 3 weeks before anyone also and killed only on here. I understand my take on hockey is vastly different then most on here and thats why I post less but with the goons I am hardly wrong I had Brashear to Rangers and Boogy to Rangers first no one cared and topics were deleted I am used to it on here.
Dagoon, any word on who the rangers might bring in? Cause I really hope we land a heavy for next season cause I hate seeing Prust having to fight EVERYONE. I love the guy, but damn he needs some help.

Diehardfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Dagoon44

way way to early and if Boogy wants to fight this with the union he can which could get ugly. I think you will see a Rupp type player to fill in but the true goon is dead to torts

Old
04-13-2011, 10:49 AM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

if he is concussion free next year and comes to camp in shape he will be on the Team,no? he has a contract..for 3 more years..if he gets clearence from the Dr's he will be a Ranger..what am I missing?? he wont walk away from all those millions.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
if he is concussion free next year and comes to camp in shape he will be on the Team,no? he has a contract..for 3 more years..if he gets clearence from the Dr's he will be a Ranger..what am I missing?? he wont walk away from all those millions.
Like everyone else Torts doesn't particularly care for, he'll either be buried in HFD or just disappear altogether.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
He has no place on this rangers team. Awesome for breaking this Dagoon...i hope it doesnt get ugly, and though I never wish bad on anyone. We could use him off the roster and cap.

Giglio NYR15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 11:12 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Good, he was on the list of expendables that should not see NYR uniform next season (regardless of contract status):

Wolski
Boogaard
Christensen
Avery
Gilroy
Frolov
Drury
McCabe

Prospal/Feds/Eminger = maybe.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Frolov is still around, curiously enough.

Makes you wonder.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

vCash: 1081
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post

Makes you wonder.
Do you think there's a chance he takes a cheaper deal next season (also one year) with the Rangers as a form of retribution for himself and the failure of a season he had?

I mean, he has absolutely no reason to - I'm sure he could easily make upwards of $4-5m/year over in the KHL. I personally don't think the Rangers would sign him as our depth on LW is pretty damn good. Just food for thought, mostly.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 11:30 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Prust is a pillow puncher that is a heart and soul guy but far from a heavy.His losses directly resulted in 2 losses this season one in Atlanta and one at home vs Pitt. He is fine vs the Ashams of the world but not the Godards or Thorntons

Are you saying that Prust losing a fight is the reason we lost those games?

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I doubt it.

But I like the way he plays in conjunction with our board play style. Even if he isn't scoring a ton, he has value to this club as a third line winger.

But I doubt he wants to stay as a grinder. He could make bucks in the KHL and I don't blame him if that is where he goes.

Old
04-13-2011, 11:39 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Prust is valuable to the team, with his tremendous forechecking and tireless PK effort. His physical streak is also valuable, though not nearly to the extent that the rest of his game is. And yes, he will fight anyone and everyone--but he shouldn't have to. I don't want him feeling compelled to answer the bell to a guy like Mike Rupp or Zach Stortini. You provide an actual heavyweight, and those guys aren't chasing Prust all over the ice trying to fight.

And not just Prust. We had Boyle go at it with Jody Shelley earlier in the year. Matt Martin prodded Michael Sauer into a fight just recently. These are situations that could potentially be avoided if we were to carry a heavy into certain games, particularly against division opponents like the Isles and Flyers that we know will bring their own heavies to the game.

Of course, Prust (and to an extent, Boyle and Sauer) will still fight. I don't dispute that. But I'd wager that they'd fight less, and less frequently fight actual fighters. It's just about preservation. I'm going to be pissed when Prust or Sauer is goaded into a fight by an opposing heavy, and end up concussed as a result. And it will happen. I feel like it's much less likely if we bring our own fighter. Now, if our heavy gets hurt? Well, that sucks, but that's to be expected for a guy who is paid to fight.

I'm not advocating for signing some premier heavyweight to a multi-year, multi-million dollar contract like we've done with Brashear and Boogaard recently. I'm advocating signing a heavy to a one year, near league minimum deal, and dressing him only 30 times or so per season. Does that mean Avery or Christensen, or whatever AHL scrub we have as an injury call-up will have to sit on occasion? Sure, and who cares? If it helps keep our more important players healthier, I'm all for it.

And I would absolutely love to bring in a "heavyweight version of Prust," though I'm not sure who out there fits that bill and would be available. Failing that, bring in someone else for the short term and for cheap.
Best post I've seen on this (and I've been at odds with just about every Ranger mod for 6 years about this topic). Well said from my perspective, and totally on par with what some of us Dinosaurs (and most GMs) still deem as necessary during the grind of the reg season.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
I doubt it.

But I like the way he plays in conjunction with our board play style. Even if he isn't scoring a ton, he has value to this club as a third line winger.

But I doubt he wants to stay as a grinder. He could make bucks in the KHL and I don't blame him if that is where he goes.
I think Torts was happy with his performance even if he took issue with his production.

Probably depends a lot on the other wingers as well. Is Prospal back again? Wolski? Avery? How much do you want to shake up the roster?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:

Makes you wonder.
Is it possible for him to return in the next month?

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Pizza

Quote:

Makes you wonder.

Yeah. On the broadcast Sam and Joe were going back and forth about how everyone forgets about Frolov, but

"we barely got to see any of him".

I was thinking that what we had seen was enough.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Frolov, to me, would be perfect for Boyle and Prust's wing.

I don't get it. Guy is 27, a perennial 20-30 goal guy, and works his ass off on the boards, and I would bet that 85% of the board would be happier with Wolski on that wing.

Frolov-Boyle-Prust looks much better too me than Wolski-Boyle-Prust. If Wolski isn't scoring, he isn't doing ****. When Frolov isn't he at least is taking possesion time away from the opponent. Not since Jagr have I seen a guy so hard to knock off the puck. Dubinksy maybe.

But if he can come back at any point and help us i'd be more than for it.

Old
04-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Is it possible for him to return in the next month?
I don't see Frolawl returning even if his injury gets healed in time. He's probably mad out of shape.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:25 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:

I don't get it. Guy is 27, a perennial 20-30 goal guy, and works his ass off on the boards, and I would bet that 85% of the board would be happier with Wolski on that wing.

Frolov-Boyle-Prust looks much better too me than Wolski-Boyle-Prust. If Wolski isn't scoring, he isn't doing ****. When Frolov isn't he at least is taking possesion time away from the opponent. Not since Jagr have I seen a guy so hard to knock off the puck. Dubinksy maybe.

I totally agree. Frolov's lack of scoring touch this season was maddening, but he could at least contribute in other ways--be it cycling, on the forecheck, backcheck, etc.

Wolski just floats, and really doesn't do much else. Gaborik can get by being a perimeter player that doesn't forecheck his ass off because he has elite talent. Wolski has good skills, but not to the level that Gaborik does. He's going to have to contribute something else if he wants to stick with this team.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

oh i agree...but i dont like him at his pricetag.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:53 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I'm not sure where I stand on this issue... I one point I definitely wanted a guy like Colton Orr around... But this season has changed my opinion a bit. I will state this though - anyone notice that this previous discussion used to be - "We need an enforcer to protect Henke and to prevent our team from being pushed around and taken liberties with".... Now it's turned to - "We need an enforcer to protect Prust from hurting himself"....

Sounds to me like the need or urgency isn't nearly what it used to be. This team is much tougher and stronger than we've been in the past... They stick up for each other and our defensemen don't take any **** from opposing forwards in our crease area.... I think other teams adjust their rosters accordingly when they know they'll be up against a Ranger team that is rolling four lines with no heavyweight enforcer... You saw Philly sit Shelley when it was confirmed that Boogaard wasn't dressing...

I like having some muscle that can fight, but it's clear that it's extremely difficult to find an individual who can do this and still play the game and take regular shifts.... If we can't find that guy, we're better off going without one... No sense in wasting a roster spot and cap space on a guy who's only going to get 30 some odd games a year.... The Brashear and Boogaard signings have been massive failures... How many ill advised enforcer signings can the Rangers afford to make? I didn't always believe this but I think the strictly enforcer role in the NHL is being phased out.... Guys that can't play the game are not seeing the playing time they used to. I think you'll still see a lot of fighting in the game, but it's going to be between players who actually can play the game, and that, more often then not, will probably be the players you normally wouldn't lump in the "heavyweight enforcer" category...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote