HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFers coming to Philadelphia for Game 2 Saturday...

Old
04-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Mosetter27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I'm going to Saturday's game with my girlfriend, so if you are loudly booed by a chubby guy with a grumpy looking girlfriend, remember to say hello
if you really wanna stick it to this guy that i quoted... hell most likely be wearing last years white jersey with giroux and a 10 SCF patch on it. Correct Johnny?

TELL HIM THE SLEEVE #'s ARE THE WRONG FONT!

and watch him curl into a ball and cry like a *****

love you snookems

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 04-13-2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: swear filter evasion. Bad bjd164. BAD.
Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:17 PM
JD SabreFan

Send a message via AIM to JD SabreFan
So.. I take it nobody wants to meet up for a beer? lol

JD SabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:10 AM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
if you really wanna stick it to this guy that i quoted... hell most likely be wearing last years white jersey with giroux and a 10 SCF patch on it. Correct Johnny?

TELL HIM THE SLEEVE #'s ARE THE WRONG FONT!

and watch him curl into a ball and cry like a *****

love you snookems
Sigh, correct. My girlfriend thinks the white Flyers jersey is sexy :/ And I had the sleeves fixed, good sir hahaha. I might cry still...

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 04-13-2011 at 05:35 PM.
JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 01:22 AM
flountown

I mean, I don't mind talking to out of towners outside, my friend and I will be tailgating with others weather permitting, so feel free to shoot me a message before the game and I can try to give you a heads up on where I will be parked.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 02:10 AM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD SabreFan View Post
We'll all be out at your unattended cars

Seriously, a journo's car was trashed by Flyers fans after a playoff game last season against the Canadiens solely because the car had Quebec plates. Now, there are a hundred video cameras around the joint, yet I don't believe anything ever came of this, outside of the writer needing another vehicle.
Wearing a jersey makes you a walking target, but at least you are there for the jabs and such. Your car is defenseless. Park as close to the arena as possible.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:42 PM
JD SabreFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
We'll all be out at your unattended cars

Seriously, a journo's car was trashed by Flyers fans after a playoff game last season against the Canadiens solely because the car had Quebec plates. Now, there are a hundred video cameras around the joint, yet I don't believe anything ever came of this, outside of the writer needing another vehicle.
Wearing a jersey makes you a walking target, but at least you are there for the jabs and such. Your car is defenseless. Park as close to the arena as possible.
We're not that dumb. We're taking a taxi to the arena and then putting on our jerseys.. after defacing the Rocky statue, of course.

But really, I'm excited for the series and I promise I won't even raise my hands above my shoulders after we score

Old
04-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Head down South St with your Sabres flags in the windows, Philly fans get a bad wrap, they are actually very accepting of opposing fans, especially in the playoffs.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 01:01 PM
ShotScore*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Head down South St with your Sabres flags in the windows, Philly fans get a bad wrap, they are actually very accepting of opposing fans, especially in the playoffs.
NO!

DON'T DO THIS!

OMG LOL

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 02:59 PM
JD SabreFan

Quote:
Great to hear! Thanks for the suggestion

Old
04-13-2011, 03:04 PM
throatguzzler

There's nothing to worry about. Wear your Sabres jersey with pride. You'll be perfectly fine.

throatguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 03:38 PM
flountown

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
NO!

DON'T DO THIS!

OMG LOL

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!
Haha, I am pretty sure the hipsters on South St will find it ironic, and the 15 year olds visiting Condom Kingdom won't care. Again, stop making us all out to be vindictive murderers who will kill on sight.

Old
04-13-2011, 05:10 PM
JD SabreFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Haha, I am pretty sure the hipsters on South St will find it ironic, and the 15 year olds visiting Condom Kingdom won't care. Again, stop making us all out to be vindictive murderers who will kill on sight.
The general consensus here is that is indeed how things are in Philly. I told a few people that we're going there on Saturday and here were the replies:

"Yeah.. good luck with that man, one of their crazy ass fans might be looking for a new bottom *****"

"Well, it was nice knowing you."

"Can I have your jersey since it'll be ruined there anyway?"

"Being murdered less than a month before graduation would SUCK!!"

"You should probably bring a weapon"

and best of all,

Mom: "Johnny, you're my only child.. why risk it? If they're anything like Eagles fans, you're asking for it"

Old
04-13-2011, 05:21 PM
ShotScore*

Quote:
Yeah real cute post there.

What about the all the fans that will be in bars like the Blarney, O'Neal's, Fat Tuesday, Irish Times, JC Dobbs, Jon's Bar and Grille,Lickety Split, Manny Brown's, Paddy Whacks, etc. etc.?

We're not vindictive murderers so stop making it seem like that's what I'm saying.

If they caught with the wrong crowd in those places bad things will surely happen.

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 05:33 PM
flountown

Quote:
The general consensus here is that is indeed how things are in Philly. I told a few people that we're going there on Saturday and here were the replies:

"Yeah.. good luck with that man, one of their crazy ass fans might be looking for a new bottom *****"

"Well, it was nice knowing you."

"Can I have your jersey since it'll be ruined there anyway?"

"Being murdered less than a month before graduation would SUCK!!"

"You should probably bring a weapon"

and best of all,

Mom: "Johnny, you're my only child.. why risk it? If they're anything like Eagles fans, you're asking for it"
http://forums.projectcovo.com/showthread.php?t=3440201

Yeah I am sure there are bad apples in every bunch, just be respectful and you'll be fine, don't let people scare you away from the best NHL atmosphere south of Canada. Granted it'll be opposing energy, but you'll get to see it first hand. If there was a Saturday game in Buffalo, my friend and I would be making the trip there as well. At no point should you ever walk into a stadium feeling unsafe, there are security guards and plenty of staff there to maintain the situation should anything go wrong.

So before we jump on our own selves and perpetuate a stereotype, welcome them in, I highly doubt neighborhood dive bars were on their list of destinations, and don't foresee anything bad happening. Yeah, I mean I wouldn't fly colors on your car, but stupid little unaccountable destruction goes on in every city regardless, its an anonymous crime and that empowers people, I mean, we didn't set cop cars on fire after the Flyers won any of their rounds.

In conclusion, ignore the hype, know that your not in Buffalo, and be nice, you will be fine.

Old
04-13-2011, 06:12 PM
hof2120

I think a lot of Philly fans just try to sound scary...by saying DON'T go here or DON'T go there. Let's be real, it would take an incredibly idiotic person to take jail time for assaulting a person for simply wearing the colors of another team. Are there people that will do it? Sure, as there are anywhere. But don't be scared to come here. I don't mind seeing other teams' fans in our arena, unless it's people in Crosby jerseys at a Flyers/Devils game. That ****'s just stupid.

hof2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 06:54 PM
throatguzzler

Here's a little snippet of what you might get:

throatguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 07:33 PM
duffy9748

Yeah it's the playoffs so expect to get harassed the entire game. I definitely agree with a previous poster when he said do not go to the bathroom during intermission. I'd probably not go to the bathroom at all. It's not even worth it cause everyone will cut in front of you. If your in the upper level, I'd recommend cheering quietly.

duffy9748 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Hollywood Couturier

If theirs a Sabres fan in front of me i'll ask politely if they're from HF and if they are i'll make sure to treat them with the utmost respect.....

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 08:37 PM
JD SabreFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
If theirs a Sabres fan in front of me i'll ask politely if they're from HF and if they are i'll make sure to treat them with the utmost respect.....
Lol, feel free to send beers to 121 row 25

How much are they robbing people there for a beer anyway? It's 8.25 for a 16oz in Buffalo..

Old
04-14-2011, 12:19 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
lol i wouldnt wear a jersey or shirt you care about very much. anything and everything will find its way onto it, and most likely there will be a few new holes

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 12:55 AM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
lol i wouldnt wear a jersey or shirt you care about very much. anything and everything will find its way onto it, and most likely there will be a few new holes
HOLES FROM KNIFE WOUNDS!!! PREPARE TO GET STABBED MUTHA *****A!!!

Old
04-14-2011, 02:44 AM
JD SabreFan

Quote:
HOLES FROM KNIFE WOUNDS!!! PREPARE TO GET STABBED MUTHA *****A!!!
Couldn't you just puke on me instead.. please?

Old
04-14-2011, 08:43 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Couldn't you just puke on me instead.. please?
haha

As others have said. Be polite, keep to yourself and you'll be fine. Not going to bathroom during intermission is good advice though. It's too easy to find a drunk idiot in a bathroom then.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 09:09 AM
SilkyMitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
Yeah real cute post there.

What about the all the fans that will be in bars like the Blarney, O'Neal's, Fat Tuesday, Irish Times, JC Dobbs, Jon's Bar and Grille,Lickety Split, Manny Brown's, Paddy Whacks, etc. etc.?

We're not vindictive murderers so stop making it seem like that's what I'm saying.

If they caught with the wrong crowd in those places bad things will surely happen.

cmon man, you are making us look bad.

no one is going to run up to them and punch them in the face for wearing a sabres jersey.

they will get heckled and that is it. nothing will happen unless they get smart back. which goes for any guy wearing any opposing teams gear in the home teams city, in just about every city in the world.

you make it sound like philly is especially bad, and like they are going to get shanked for walking down south street with a sabres jersey on while minding their own business eating an ice cream cone.

SilkyMitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 09:14 AM
SilkyMitts

Quote:
Lol, feel free to send beers to 121 row 25

How much are they robbing people there for a beer anyway? It's 8.25 for a 16oz in Buffalo..
i think its $7.50

hide a couple cans in your jacket...walk in and buy one beer from the concessions. When that beer is done, go to the bathroom and pour those cans into the concession cup.
drink.
repeat.

Works everytime.

SilkyMitts is offline   Reply With Quote