HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Lounge the 4th

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
I don't know that I'd wear either one, but the hoodie is the way to go if you wear Panther anything. I was invited to a Lightning-Wings game a couple years ago and decided to wear a Red Wing shirt since that's who they were rooting for. The invitees appreciated it, I cheered them to a win, and had fun. (I don't like the Wings...at all)

04-13-2011, 08:26 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreComing

One thing that bothers me at Panthers games is when people wear a jersey of a team that we're not playing against. I wouldn't wear anything Panthers-related because then you're asking for bad comments from Lightning fans that you can't back up thanks to our "wonderful" record over the last decade.

Old
04-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
One thing that bothers me at Panthers games is when people wear a jersey of a team that we're not playing against. I wouldn't wear anything Panthers-related because then you're asking for bad comments from Lightning fans that you can't back up thanks to our "wonderful" record over the last decade.
I think there is something to be said for supporting your team no matter what.

And as to your last comment, i think our record against the lightning is good enough to back up wearing a panther hoody

And i've been to plenty of Tampa-Panther games here with my jersey and only once did i have a bad experience. They're pretty nice people around here.

I actually expected more of a split aroudn 70-30 in favor of the hoody, but i guess it's pretty unanimous... hoody it is! Thanks guys, i appreciate the input, and i'll be sure to comment on the atmosphere we all wish we could have at the BAC. Should be fun!

Old
04-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
And i've been to plenty of Tampa-Panther games here with my jersey and only once did i have a bad experience. They're pretty nice people around here.
Sorry, but I 1000% disagree with that statement. I've been to so many games and had things thrown at me, drunk people (including drunk girls) try to fight me and even a guy punch my friend wearing a Panthers jersey in the back of the head while he was pissing at a urinal and then run out of the bathroom.

I hate Tampa, nothing but bad experiences from their fans at multiple sporting events.

Old
04-13-2011, 08:52 PM
angry_treefrog
#CatsAreComing

Sorry adam graves, that looked like a goal to me. Should be 1-1 WAS/NYR.

edit: looks like they called it. So much for 16 consecutive shutouts.

Old
04-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Sorry, but I 1000% disagree with that statement. I've been to so many games and had things thrown at me, drunk people (including drunk girls) try to fight me and even a guy punch my friend wearing a Panthers jersey in the back of the head while he was pissing at a urinal and then run out of the bathroom.

I hate Tampa, nothing but bad experiences from their fans at multiple sporting events.
Hey, that's your experience, no reason to apologize. Honestly though, my one bad experience was pretty bad. Like, starting to feel physically threatened bad, so i know something of what you're talking about. But as i said, that was only once for me, and it was stupid/funny after the fact.

Anyways, we'll see how it goes.

Old
04-13-2011, 09:35 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

PB- how's the recovery going?

...wonder how HJ made out

Old
04-13-2011, 09:35 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Sorry adam graves, that looked like a goal to me. Should be 1-1 WAS/NYR.

edit: looks like they called it. So much for 16 consecutive shutouts.
Clearly a goal, O is just incredible.

Taking the caps to OT pretty good first game regardless of ultimate result.

Old
04-13-2011, 09:47 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
And as to your last comment, i think our record against the lightning is good enough to back up wearing a panther hoody
Semi-decent point, but they can always say they won a Cup and they've made the playoffs quite a few more times than we did.

I've never been to a Panthers game in Tampa, but have always been eager to go while also being a bit scared to as well. Now that I'm living about an hour and 45 minutes away from Tampa, I should get the balls to do it this coming season. I did go to Tampa two Decembers ago and made sure go to walk in front of the arena and flip it the bird while screaming "LETS GO PANTHERS!!!" People walking around kind of just stared at me with a puzzled look, but it felt good to do

Old
04-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Panthers 20

Yeah, I think in terms of fan-interaction, Panthers/Lightning is one of the more tame rivalries. You'll be fine.

Old
04-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Semi-decent point, but they can always say they won a Cup and they've made the playoffs quite a few more times than we did.

I've never been to a Panthers game in Tampa, but have always been eager to go while also being a bit scared to as well. Now that I'm living about an hour and 45 minutes away from Tampa, I should get the balls to do it this coming season. I did go to Tampa two Decembers ago and made sure go to walk in front of the arena and flip it the bird while screaming "LETS GO PANTHERS!!!" People walking around kind of just stared at me with a puzzled look, but it felt good to do
Rattrick and I usually try to go to a game a year. I've been out of touch with Beezer, mostly my fault, but he and I try to go as well. The three of us get together when we can, but if you want to go with us to a game next season, we should all 4 (and whomever else wants to go) go to a game next season. So long as you're cool.

Pretty much everytime i go, I get something thrown at me. Ice cubes, pretzels, etc. Someone screams Panthers sucks in my face, but there's plenty of good experiences, too. Some friends and I went looking once, but every one was tame that time around, .

I've been to Atlanta and Philly's arenas, too, but I didn't get to see the Panthers while I was there. I liked Atlanta's arena a lot, Philly's not so much.

Old
04-14-2011, 01:10 AM
Panthers 20

Tampa does have a nice arena. It's definitely apart of their great fan experience.

I've also been to Atlanta. It's obviously a different breed with its layout, but I thought it was interesting. Kinda cool that you can see CNN while you're there, I suppose.

I've been to Toronto and LA for drafts. Both seemed groovy, too. But you definitely got the sense in LA that the Kings weren't the first priority. All of the shops had more Lakers gear than anything. And confetti was still occasionally falling from the NBA championship, haha.

Old
04-14-2011, 02:04 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post

Good...thanks for asking. Im pretty much back to 100% now, except I got some slight nerve soreness in my left shoulder blade, from the doctors failed attempts to try and reach my artery. I go back to work on Monday, so I have a few more days to relax and catch up on the sleep that I didnt get in the hospital.

Old
04-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers 20 View Post
Tampa does have a nice arena. It's definitely apart of their great fan experience.

I've also been to Atlanta. It's obviously a different breed with its layout, but I thought it was interesting. Kinda cool that you can see CNN while you're there, I suppose.

I've been to Toronto and LA for drafts. Both seemed groovy, too. But you definitely got the sense in LA that the Kings weren't the first priority. All of the shops had more Lakers gear than anything. And confetti was still occasionally falling from the NBA championship, haha.
I think Tampa has a good game experience, but I think their arena is very bland.

Old
04-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Panthers 20

I remember seeing a lot of St. Pete Times advertisements (naturally), but not much else. Maybe I was just taken aback that it felt like a hockey game.

Old
04-14-2011, 12:21 PM
zeroG

vCash: 540
tampa is a strange place. some real freaks there. have my share of stories from travels through the area back in the 90s (playing music). i've heard the game experience is good there, though. wouldn't mind going with a gang cats fans who could handle themselves just to open up a can of whoop-ass on anyone who pulled the kinda crap being mentioned here

Old
04-14-2011, 01:10 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
tampa is a strange place. some real freaks there. have my share of stories from travels through the area back in the 90s (playing music). i've heard the game experience is good there, though. wouldn't mind going with a gang cats fans who could handle themselves just to open up a can of whoop-ass on anyone who pulled the kinda crap being mentioned here
I'd imagine if you engaged in a discussion with someone from Tampa about hockey the chances of being involved in a fist fight would be pretty much 100%.

CAN YOU EVEN EXPLAIN GUY BOUCHER'S SYSTEM!!?!?!?! EXPLAIN GUY BOUCHER'S SYSTEM!!!! EXPLAIN IT!!!!

Old
04-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I'd imagine if you engaged in a discussion with someone from Tampa about hockey the chances of being involved in a fist fight would be pretty much 100%.

CAN YOU EVEN EXPLAIN GUY BOUCHER'S SYSTEM!!?!?!?! EXPLAIN GUY BOUCHER'S SYSTEM!!!! EXPLAIN IT!!!!
Sorry, but these two posts made me literally LOL at work

Zero, I'd love to hear your experiences because I have some too. If not for my former roommate being a HUGE *****, I'd have probably gotten my ass kicked because when I stood up to defend myself, if not for him being right behind me, the guys who acted tough when they were throwing crap the whole game all of a sudden weren't so tough anymore even though they grossly outnumbered us.

Old
04-14-2011, 04:28 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 50
Wow! This HAS to be the most bizarre page in any thread in all of HF boards when read from top to bottom. Awesome.

Glad to hear you are doing well pb1300, keep up the good healing!!

Old
04-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post

I'm going to the game Monday. The first two are in Pittsburgh, but yeah, i'll definitely let you all know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers 20 View Post

Disagree on the bolded part. I think the concourse is pretty terrible, food is pretty bad, and the seats aren't the most comfortable things in the world. But in terms of in your seat experience, it's absolutely 200% better than the BAC. The arena feels small, and that makes everything much louder and intense, which is great. Oh yeah, and they have a pretty beautiful jumbotron.

Quote:
I think Tampa has a good game experience, but I think their arena is very bland.
This ^

Quote:
And this ^

Old
04-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Panthers 20

I don't much care about concourses and stadium food, but I see what you're saying.

Old
04-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Disagree on the bolded part. I think the concourse is pretty terrible, food is pretty bad, and the seats aren't the most comfortable things in the world. But in terms of in your seat experience, it's absolutely 200% better than the BAC. The arena feels small, and that makes everything much louder and intense, which is great. Oh yeah, and they have a pretty beautiful jumbotron.
Their goal horn blows ours away too. I know it sounds stupid, but ours is pathetic.

Old
04-14-2011, 05:46 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Rattrick and I usually try to go to a game a year. I've been out of touch with Beezer, mostly my fault, but he and I try to go as well. The three of us get together when we can, but if you want to go with us to a game next season, we should all 4 (and whomever else wants to go) go to a game next season. So long as you're cool.
Sounds awesome. I'll probably have to take up your offer on that next season

Old
04-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Sounds awesome. I'll probably have to take up your offer on that next season
I'm not going now.

Old
04-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post

Awesome!

Quote:
I'm not going now.
You know you're gonna go!

Closed Thread