HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Keenan Not Through Dealing

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2005, 06:58 AM
Remax

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo
Jokinen / Hagman played on the same line at 1998 WJC and bought finland the gold medal and had great chemistry. I really hope they get to play together more next season. I wouldnt mind seeing trying Hagman-Jokinen-Horton. Biggane is totally lost. Gelinas wont play on the 4th line and he's an LW also Karpotsev and Van Ryn wont be paired up as both are right handed shooters.
Having Karpo and Van Ryn as the second pairing would not be a good choice. Would you not want Cairns as a 2nd pairing dman (with the opions as they stand now) in order to clear the crease for Luongo? Typically your 1st-4th defense-men are played against the top lines of the other team and then your 5th and 6th go against the more defensive players on the other team. It would just make sense to me to have one of your best defensive defense-men playing against the other teams offensive players.

Last edited by Remax: 08-08-2005 at 09:21 AM.
Old
08-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remax
Having Karpo and Ban Ryn as the second pairing would not be a good choice. Would you not want Cairns as a 2nd pairing dman (with the opions as they stand now) in order to clear the crease for Luongo? Typically your 1st-4th defense-men are played against the top lines of the other team and then your 5th and 6th go against the more defensive players on the other team. It would just make sense to me to have one of your best defensive defense-men playing against the other teams offensive players.
You're talkin about Cirans, right?

Old
08-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Remax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
You're talkin about Cirans, right?
Yes, and I know he isn't the greatest defense man but out of all of they dmen on the panthers I think he has the smallest offensive upside and the best size and playing style to be the crease cleaner.

Old
08-08-2005, 09:29 AM
wint

If we're relying on Cairns, Karpovtsev or Kwiatkowski to play in the top 4 this season, it's gonna be a LOOOOONG year. I'm really hoping we miraculously come up with Hamrlik, so the lines can look like:

Hammer-JBo
Van Ryn-Hill
Mezei-(pick em Krajicek, Novak, Kiwi, Karpo, Cairns...)

Closed Thread