HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFers coming to Philadelphia for Game 2 Saturday...

Old
04-14-2011, 09:47 AM
ShotScore*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyMitts View Post
cmon man, you are making us look bad.

no one is going to run up to them and punch them in the face for wearing a sabres jersey.

they will get heckled and that is it. nothing will happen unless they get smart back. which goes for any guy wearing any opposing teams gear in the home teams city, in just about every city in the world.

you make it sound like philly is especially bad, and like they are going to get shanked for walking down south street with a sabres jersey on while minding their own business eating an ice cream cone.
Seen it happen to two rangers fans, a giants fan, three mets fans, and a yankees fan. This in just the last 3 years.

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 10:37 AM
SilkyMitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
Seen it happen to two rangers fans, a giants fan, three mets fans, and a yankees fan. This in just the last 3 years.

just ran up and cold cocked em for no reason? no prior altercation? no cockiness or stare downs?

find that hard to believe. been going to games/watching them in philly bars for years and never seen anything like that.

SilkyMitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 10:44 AM
ShotScore*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyMitts View Post
just ran up and cold cocked em for no reason? no prior altercation? no cockiness or stare downs?

find that hard to believe. been going to games/watching them in philly bars for years and never seen anything like that.
Some trash talking that got escalated with the mets and yankees fans.

Pure hatred for the rangers and giants fans where it was more like "the ******* you lookin at b****" then fists went flying and they got beatdown.

Old
04-14-2011, 10:48 AM
hof2120

ITT: ShotScore gives Philly fans a bad name.

hof2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 10:52 AM
ShotScore*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hof2120 View Post
ITT: ShotScore gives Philly fans a bad name.
How so? What did I do?

Old
04-14-2011, 10:56 AM
SilkyMitts

Quote:
Some trash talking that got escalated with the mets and yankees fans.

Pure hatred for the rangers and giants fans where it was more like "the ******* you lookin at b****" then fists went flying and they got beatdown.
so pretty much they were smart ***** back....like everyone has been saying, youre going to be heckled, and if youre a good sport about it you will be fine.

Old
04-14-2011, 11:49 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
How so? What did I do?
You are making us look like ravenous beasts to the uninformed

I think the lesson all sports fans should know is that every team has its bad apples and you should always exercise caution anywhere passion can turn to violence. Thick skin, a sense of humor and an even temper are essential for any visiting fan in any arena.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 12:04 PM
tuckerdomi

4 canadians coming down- cheering for philly of course. what bar should we hit friday??

tuckerdomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 12:07 PM
SilkyMitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerdomi View Post
4 canadians coming down- cheering for philly of course. what bar should we hit friday??
where in the city are you staying?

Old
04-18-2011, 08:03 PM
ShotScore*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
You are making us look like ravenous beasts to the uninformed

I think the lesson all sports fans should know is that every team has its bad apples and you should always exercise caution anywhere passion can turn to violence. Thick skin, a sense of humor and an even temper are essential for any visiting fan in any arena.
You're wrong. The only thing I did was tell him to be extremely careful and some of the things I've witnessed the last couple years.

We are not ravenous beats. If that's your interpretation of my posts then you've misread me completely.

BTW esabre how was it for you?

Old
04-18-2011, 08:20 PM
flountown

Quote:
You're wrong. The only thing I did was tell him to be extremely careful and some of the things I've witnessed the last couple years.

We are not ravenous beats. If that's your interpretation of my posts then you've misread me completely.

BTW esabre how was it for you?
He is currently chopped up into pieces and buried in my back yard, thats what he gets for wearing a stupid Buffalo jersey.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Mosetter27

Haha....

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:10 PM
ShotScore*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
He is currently chopped up into pieces and buried in my back yard, thats what he gets for wearing a stupid Buffalo jersey.
LMAO.

Old
04-18-2011, 09:16 PM
number71*

That headcase Zherdev is the best playing philly on the ice bar none!

number71* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:21 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Breaking News: Pronger has been dead for 2 weeks

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Eliminating HF posters is considered Flaming. Read the sticky at the top of the page. Your infraction is on the way.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:27 PM
healthyscratch

I'm curious to know how their experience was, I was there and let every Sabre jersey hear it (in a civil way). Actually surprised with how many Buff jerseys I seen, did that many make the trek down from Buffalo, or are there loser Philly residents who root for that ugly team??

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 06:32 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

I went to the game on Saturday as well. I didn't really "give it" to any Buffalo fans, but I did attempt to shut up an annoying Flyers fan that was trying to start a fight with a Buffalo fan while waiting in line for the bathroom.

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 07:54 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
I'm curious to know how their experience was, I was there and let every Sabre jersey hear it (in a civil way). Actually surprised with how many Buff jerseys I seen, did that many make the trek down from Buffalo, or are there loser Philly residents who root for that ugly team??
There were several Sabres fans around me, but I think they said they went to Temple or Drexel or something and were just from upstate NY originally. They started chanting "Let's Go Sabres" which showed they've probably never been to HSBC before (always 'Let's Go Buffalo'). It was pretty quiet most of the time, but there was one verbal altercation and some (Flyers and Sabres fans) got tossed a section over.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 02:48 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
It was exactly as I expected. There were some people who were kind, few who could carry on an intelligent hockey conversation, and a good amount of complete *******s who went out of their way to be dicks. The homophobic obsession was quite impressive.

Entertaining game, though. It was my first trip to the city, and I spent some time checking it out until I left late Sunday afternoon. Similiar to Boston, I thought it was a cool city but the people were generally jackasses. Reputations are usually earned, often deserved.

I know some of you wouldn't fit the generalization, but it's too bad I didn't get to talk to any of you rather than the idiots I did.

eSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 03:56 PM
LePalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSabre View Post
It was exactly as I expected. There were some people who were kind, few who could carry on an intelligent hockey conversation, and a good amount of complete *******s who went out of their way to be dicks. The homophobic obsession was quite impressive.

Entertaining game, though. It was my first trip to the city, and I spent some time checking it out until I left late Sunday afternoon. Similiar to Boston, I thought it was a cool city but the people were generally jackasses. Reputations are usually earned, often deserved.

I know some of you wouldn't fit the generalization, but it's too bad I didn't get to talk to any of you rather than the idiots I did.
Were you wearing a Sabres jersey? Cuz personally, I take it as disrespect to walk around someone else's hometown with something that you know they'll be offended by. And for the record, I leave my Flyers apparel at home when I travel. So you can classify me as a jackass who would have given you the finger if I saw you.

LePalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 04:07 PM
ShotScore*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSabre View Post

Sorry to hear that some people were jackasses to you.

Trust me when I say this....

it had everything to do with the jersey you were wearing and not you.

It's too bad you didn't get to see the sights and enjoy it more.

To me, Philly is the greatest city in this country for a myriad of reasons not just because I'm from here.

The most historic (along with Boston) city in the country.

The food is phenomenal. Nightlife is awesome. We have (or had) the greatest orchestra in the country. The Philadelphia Orchestra is world-renowned.

The Kimmel Center is outrageous. Not to mention the Liberty Bell, Constitution Center, Independence Hall, Betsy Ross House, well you get the point lol.

Plus, we have the Flyers.

My advice to you would be to take a trip down as yourself and not a sabres fan wearing a sabres jersey.

Old
04-19-2011, 04:41 PM
FlyerCub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton 22 View Post
Were you wearing a Sabres jersey? Cuz personally, I take it as disrespect to walk around someone else's hometown with something that you know they'll be offended by. And for the record, I leave my Flyers apparel at home when I travel. So you can classify me as a jackass who would have given you the finger if I saw you.
As someone who enjoys going to road games, I know I'm going to hear it from opposing fans when I'm wearing my Flyers jersey and expect that to some degree (I've been on the other side as the Flyers fan hearing the boos taking my seat in NJ), but the mere act of a visiting fan (and being able to identify them as such) enjoying the experience of a game on the road isn't disrespectful to me. It just shows me they are as passionate about the <insert team name here> and hockey as I am about the Flyers.

Now, if that opposing fan boos through a Flyers tradition like "God Bless America", I would find that to be offensive.

FlyerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 04:57 PM
LePalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerCub View Post
As someone who enjoys going to road games, I know I'm going to hear it from opposing fans when I'm wearing my Flyers jersey and expect that to some degree (I've been on the other side as the Flyers fan hearing the boos taking my seat in NJ), but the mere act of a visiting fan (and being able to identify them as such) enjoying the experience of a game on the road isn't disrespectful to me. It just shows me they are as passionate about the <insert team name here> and hockey as I am about the Flyers.

Now, if that opposing fan boos through a Flyers tradition like "God Bless America", I would find that to be offensive.
I don't mind them being there, but wearing the jersey everywhere is disrespectful in my opinion. Wear it to the game, sure. And if you wear it to the game, cheer when your team scores and that's it. Don't be surprised if you parade your jersey around the city and people arent tossing you roses! That's my opinion on the matter.

LePalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 06:07 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

I think it's more about being proud than disrespectful. I wore Flyers jerseys for 3 days in Toronto when I went up for the game, and all I got was a few jeers and a bunch of conversations. As long as you accept the boos you're going to get, who cares? It's not like they're coming down and peeing on the Liberty Bell, they're just proudly representing their team.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote