HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 NHL Stanley Cup Play Offs Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2011, 09:40 PM
  #26
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 46,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexinMyPeks View Post
Nashville over Anaheim
Phoenix over Detroit
Chicago over Vancouver(I think the Nucks are already planning the parade)
LA over SJ
Boston over Montreal
Tampa over Pittsburgh
Buffalo over Philly
Washington over NYR

This is purely who I "want" to win, not who I think will win
.
Nice! That's what I was looking for really. If I were being honest about who I thought would win these series it would be more like Nashville (homer), Detroit, Vancouver, San Jose, Boston, Philly, Pittsburgh, and Washington

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:14 PM
  #27
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
I can see Vancouver getting upset. If you look at their record against the western conference you can see that they benefited greatly by playing in a division with the two worst teams in the conference and two other teams that aren't in the playoffs.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 04:00 AM
  #28
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
The following selections are the selections made by myself as to how I see the 2011 NHL playoffs working out. They are solely my selections and I will take the full laughter as to if it doesn't pan out, but will take full credit if it plays out as I see it.

That said, here are ze picks:
Eastern Conference:
Caps over Rangers in 5
Sabres over Flyers in 7
Bruins over Habs in 6
Lightning over Penguins in 6

Caps over Sabres in 6
Bruins over Lightning in 7

Bruins over Caps in 7

Western Conference:
Canucks over Hawks in 6
Sharks over Kings in 5
Coyotes over Wings in 7
Preds over Ducks in 6

Canucks over Coyotes in 6
Preds over Sharks in 7

Preds over Canucks in 7

SC Finals:
Preds over Bruins in 7

I realize some of these are a stretch, but again, those are my picks.

Make it so!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 08:00 AM
  #29
Firestorm
Registered User
 
Firestorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada Eh?
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
The following selections are the selections made by myself as to how I see the 2011 NHL playoffs working out. They are solely my selections and I will take the full laughter as to if it doesn't pan out, but will take full credit if it plays out as I see it.

That said, here are ze picks:
Eastern Conference:
Caps over Rangers in 5
Sabres over Flyers in 7
Bruins over Habs in 6
Lightning over Penguins in 6

Caps over Sabres in 6
Bruins over Lightning in 7

Bruins over Caps in 7

Western Conference:
Canucks over Hawks in 6
Sharks over Kings in 5
Coyotes over Wings in 7
Preds over Ducks in 6

Canucks over Coyotes in 6
Preds over Sharks in 7

Preds over Canucks in 7

SC Finals:
Preds over Bruins in 7

I realize some of these are a stretch, but again, those are my picks.

Make it so!
No No, like this:



Make it so!

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 11:37 AM
  #30
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 46,336
vCash: 500
Play offs start tonight. **** just got real

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 12:38 PM
  #31
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 46,336
vCash: 500
So after one night we have the Preds up by 1 (CAN I GET A HELL YEAH?!), Vancouver up by 1 (at this point I was hoping for both teams to be down by a game ), Pittsburgh up by 1, Detroit up by 1, and Washington up by 1.

Tonight Boston ought to take a game against Montreal, Philly will probably take the first one against Buffalo, and San Jose will probably take the first one, too. I expect a night of high seeds showing low seeds what's up

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 12:54 PM
  #32
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable
 
FlexinMyPeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Franklin,TN
Country: United States
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
So after one night we have the Preds up by 1 (CAN I GET A HELL YEAH?!), Vancouver up by 1 (at this point I was hoping for both teams to be down by a game ), Pittsburgh up by 1, Detroit up by 1, and Washington up by 1.

Tonight Boston ought to take a game against Montreal, Philly will probably take the first one against Buffalo, and San Jose will probably take the first one, too. I expect a night of high seeds showing low seeds what's up
I agree with you, although I am curious to see how motivated Montreal comes out.

FlexinMyPeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:08 PM
  #33
mollymcdeath
I'm drunk.
 
mollymcdeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville
Country: Belarus
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
I think Montreal will definitely play hard and play to win but not up to par with Boston. I'll definitely be watching this game while in class tonight. Boston's offense can be inconsistent at times but they really don't want to give anything up to Montreal of all teams. I say Boston will play an aggressive game tonight and win. Granted, before we had NHL in Nashville I grew up a B's girl, so I'm biased.

mollymcdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:28 PM
  #34
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 46,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymcdeath View Post
I think Montreal will definitely play hard and play to win but not up to par with Boston. I'll definitely be watching this game while in class tonight. Boston's offense can be inconsistent at times but they really don't want to give anything up to Montreal of all teams. I say Boston will play an aggressive game tonight and win. Granted, before we had NHL in Nashville I grew up a B's girl, so I'm biased.
Ah a girl who ignores lectures to watch play off hockey. I think I'm smitten

Flexin (btw that handle is awesome), I honestly think Montreal has a good shot at taking the series, but I think Boston is going to try to set the series tone tonight. If they can do it without taking a bunch of stupid penalties I think Boston simply wears the Canadiens down. I don't think Montreal can do anything about it once Boston starts employing the physical play, but Price is the x factor. He could win it for them. As molly said, Boston's offense is inconsistent, and to add to that, they have a very mediocre PP. It's almost Nashville-like when I've seen it.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:36 PM
  #35
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable
 
FlexinMyPeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Franklin,TN
Country: United States
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Ah a girl who ignores lectures to watch play off hockey. I think I'm smitten

Flexin (btw that handle is awesome), I honestly think Montreal has a good shot at taking the series, but I think Boston is going to try to set the series tone tonight. If they can do it without taking a bunch of stupid penalties I think Boston simply wears the Canadiens down. I don't think Montreal can do anything about it once Boston starts employing the physical play, but Price is the x factor. He could win it for them. As molly said, Boston's offense is inconsistent, and to add to that, they have a very mediocre PP. It's almost Nashville-like when I've seen it.
I definitely expect the Bruins to win the series. I'm just curious to see how much fight the Habs in them. The supposed "payback game" after the Chara hit, the Habs laid down and died. I expect them to have more emotion in this one. Oh, and thanks about the handle

FlexinMyPeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 03:32 PM
  #36
lstcyr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
So after one night we have the Preds up by 1 (CAN I GET A HELL YEAH?!), Vancouver up by 1 (at this point I was hoping for both teams to be down by a game ), Pittsburgh up by 1, Detroit up by 1, and Washington up by 1.

Tonight Boston ought to take a game against Montreal, Philly will probably take the first one against Buffalo, and San Jose will probably take the first one, too. I expect a night of high seeds showing low seeds what's up
1) You were hoping Nashville and Vancouver were down by a game?

2) I think Buffalo is going to surprise Philly. The Flyers haven't been playing that well.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 08:04 PM
  #37
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 46,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
1) You were hoping Nashville and Vancouver were down by a game?

2) I think Buffalo is going to surprise Philly. The Flyers haven't been playing that well.
I guess that wasn't very clear was it? I was hoping both Chicago and Vancouver would be down by a game. I asked last night if there was a way both teams could lose the series


This Boston/Montreal game is incredibly physical. I'm loving it

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 09:13 PM
  #38
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 46,336
vCash: 500
San Jose scored a goal 28 seconds into Game 1, and nearly scored another as I type. This could be the longest feeling short series LA has ever had

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 09:19 PM
  #39
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
San Jose scored a goal 28 seconds into Game 1, and nearly scored another as I type. This could be the longest feeling short series LA has ever had
Fastest the Sharks have scored in a playoff game I heard the Sharks announcers say.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 10:48 PM
  #40
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,817
vCash: 500
....and now it's tied 2-2. This Sharks team has looked oddly disorganized in parts of this game and the last two regular season games. At times they look great and then they spend a while looking like they have had a collective stroke.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:06 AM
  #41
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
San Jose scored a goal 28 seconds into Game 1, and nearly scored another as I type. This could be the longest feeling short series LA has ever had
or an ot game.............

#hindsight2020

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 07:04 PM
  #42
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Watching the caps rangers game i LOVE hearing them talk about how much avery has been a healthy scratch lately.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 10:46 PM
  #43
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,964
vCash: 500
phoenix is in full on meltdown mode.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:09 PM
  #44
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bburton86 View Post
phoenix is in full on meltdown mode.
phoenix looks slow, compared to detroit, draper outskating 2 dmen

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:59 PM
  #45
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 46,336
vCash: 500
I could see PHX and CHI being swept. For such a promising looking WCQF only the Preds/Ducks and Kings/Sharks series look good.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:43 PM
  #46
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
Hawks not only avoid the sweep but chase Lu out of the net.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:58 PM
  #47
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne
 
CalleJAMkrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yesterday
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 500
Plus he, Loungo, had to hear Chicagos goal song 7 times, which i love because of how much he hates it.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 10:43 PM
  #48
Reviled*
Partisan
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
Kings laying the smack on the Sharks, maybe they can pull it off without Kopitar. 4-0 Kings

Well, I jinxed the living crap out of that. 5-5 thus far...


Last edited by Reviled*: 04-19-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Reviled* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:15 AM
  #49
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,902
vCash: 500
To anyone who complained about Poile not gong after Penner at the trade deadline, go watch LA's playoff games. More specifically, Setoguchi's OT game winner. Despicable backchecking. So glad we didn't go after him.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:17 AM
  #50
CloakroomCrusader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 934
vCash: 500
I can't believe SJ came back in that game. I turned it off at 4-0. Ridiculous.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.