HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

listen to team990 now!!

Old
04-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

vCash: 500
I really want to here this. They once had Marinaro on their show after Marchand called the habs divers lol. That clip is in the TEAM 990 vault... it was hilarious.

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
I really want to here this. They once had Marinaro on their show after Marchand called the habs divers lol. That clip is in the TEAM 990 vault... it was hilarious.
And then the host couldn't remember Tony's name later on in the radio show called him pretty much anything that started with an M (marinara, marino, montebello) with the other host correcting him every time lol.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:12 PM
mikeg

I listened to the whole thing and thought it was pretty infantile. Marinaro seemed outclassed, bloated and full of himself.. as is the norm with him.. it was another reminder, for me at least, as to why I always turn the dial when I hear his voice.

mikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Bocephus86

vCash: 690
I come in peace.

Just wanted to let you all know those are the only 2 guys on 98.5 that I would never want to do that. They are football guys through and through. (98.5 is also the patriots radio) They talk hockey because this station does the bruins games and they probably are told too. The other station in Boston just ignored the Bruins for years so this station is making its bones talking hockey, and unfortunately forcing its football guys into hockey talk (where every boston fan face palms in our cars listening to them). Plus sense the whole chara thing they are just blow hards that want to yell. I wish it was with any of the other shows because those people actually know hockey a bit.

I was cringing the whole time it was so bad. If they knew anything at least it would have been a decent conversation but it was just two morons yelling and clearly showing how little they know.

Also, boston sports radio is actually very good. Its got a dedicated following in the overall 10th biggest radio market in the country, with the biggest demo being males 18-45 who listen to sports radio. (its why we have 2 big market sports radio stations, and room for both). Most of the guys (on 98.5) are not homers. Hell, if you heard mike felger talk about the bruins youd think he was a canadians fan (hes been hating on them since the playoffs that shall not be named of last year).

All in all, gresh and Zoe need to stick to the patriots and stop making bruins fans look like idiots.

Bocephus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
I listened to the whole thing and thought it was pretty infantile. Marinaro seemed outclassed, bloated and full of himself.. as is the norm with him.. it was another reminder, for me at least, as to why I always turn the dial when I hear his voice.
Marinaro was ouclassed? LOL he owned them... The radio hosts in Boston don't know **** about hockey, which is fine since they have many other sports to worry about, but don't pretend to.

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:17 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treal View Post
http://www.team990.com/sound_bytes/v...audio_clips/1/

It's the one titled TonyM Simulcast with Sports Hub 985 Gresh&Zo
Thanks

I can't stand Marinaro, but I thought he can have them for breakfast, lunch and dinner anytime he wants

Pwnage

Last edited by McSorleyStick: 04-14-2011 at 01:27 PM.
McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Marinaro sounds like a moron. Argued like a child, embarassed to be associated with him as a Montrealer.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:31 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nilan View Post
Marinaro sounds like a moron. Argued like a child, embarassed to be associated with him as a Montrealer.
Well, the Boston guys were worse TBH

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:37 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Well, the Boston guys were worse TBH
Who cares who was worse really. He played right into their hands.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:42 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Wow, you picked Tony as the moron in that radio bit? Okay...I'd be more embarrassed being a Bostonian if that's the best they can send to talk hockey. Argued like a child? He had to keep talking because the other guys kept over talking him. You do that when you have nothing to say!

I know they're football guys but that just verifies that the fans don't care or know anything about hockey. How can they? This is the drivel they listen to every day.

The best part was when Tony picked the Bruins to win. The other guys didn't know what to say. When Tony agreed the cops never should have gotten involved they also shut up. He owned them completely and toyed with them. How was he childish?

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:46 PM
darkcitydame

Quote:
(Another Bruins fan coming in peace)

I'm not an regular listener to any of the sports radio shows in the Boston area. I don't like baseball, I hate football, and could care less about basketball, so it's typically a waste of my time.

That being said, this was hard to listen to. I totally agree with the previous poster from Boston. These guys are NOT hockey guys and should not represent the Bruins fans base. (although now that I think about it, they do remind me of all of the bandwagon fans in town these days...) They are just doing this show to get a rise out of everyone and hear themselves talk.

I think it's safe to say we're all a little embarrassed after listening to this?

darkcitydame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:59 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

those guys are more annoying than penn and teller.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:01 PM
coolasprICE

The best part of this exchange was Jerry

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:08 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I thought the Boston guys AND Tony all looked pretty bad through that whole exchange.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:29 PM
JackZap

was great radio.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Bone for your jar

B's fan here, and...

...Gresh & Zo made Marinaro sound like Bob McKenzie by comparison.

They're football guys who get fired up by the tribal war, beat-your-chest dimension of the Boston-Mtl rivalry, but know next to nothing about the sport itself. Literally the worst guys you could have thrown out there to engage in a debate/discussion on puck-related matters.

Embarrassing.

Bone for your jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Just listened to the whole thing, I felt embarrassed for those two guys.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Coldplay
Courage

God that was tough to listen to. At least Tony would back his claims up with some stats/facts.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 03:16 PM
TheBuriedHab

Yeah Tony Wrecked them, but he could have done it better.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
Wow, you picked Tony as the moron in that radio bit? Okay...I'd be more embarrassed being a Bostonian if that's the best they can send to talk hockey. Argued like a child? He had to keep talking because the other guys kept over talking him. You do that when you have nothing to say!

I know they're football guys but that just verifies that the fans don't care or know anything about hockey. How can they? This is the drivel they listen to every day.

The best part was when Tony picked the Bruins to win. The other guys didn't know what to say. When Tony agreed the cops never should have gotten involved they also shut up. He owned them completely and toyed with them. How was he childish?
I was expecting the Boston guys not to know anything about hockey. For Marinaro, this is his life, yet he sounded like a complete childish idiot against a completely defenseless opponent. All parties involved were at the same level, this is sadder for Marinaro than anyone else. There are posters on this board that could've done a better job.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 03:19 PM
elsubz

Visiting the Bruins board sometimes.. these guys seems to represent dead on their fans. Of course there's a few rational ones.

elsubz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 03:25 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

hahahah this is great they sound like most bruins fans

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
those guys are more annoying than penn and teller.
Well yeah. Penn and Teller are pretty awesome.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 03:29 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

I guess the radio hosts are just like the players/fans....

[IMG]http://www.****************/file_thumbview_approve/4092996/2/istockphoto_4092996-cavemen-contest.jpg[/IMG]

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Why is it that Montreal is the only place in the world where it's NOT ok to take care of business or make a name for yourself using brute force, fights or arguments?

What the hell was he supposed to do? End the conversation and let those 2 think that they own us hockey wise?

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote