HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

POTG & GBR: ECQF Game 1 @ Washington Capitals

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: ECQF Game 1 @ Washington Capitals
Brian Boyle 2 1.15%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Matt Gilroy 10 5.75%
Dan Girardi 6 3.45%
Henrik Lundqvist 135 77.59%
Ryan McDonagh 1 0.57%
Vaclav Prospal 5 2.87%
Brandon Prust 4 2.30%
Michael Sauer 2 1.15%
Marc Staal 5 2.87%
Other 4 2.30%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Cmox

vCash: 500
I'm sure this was said a million times but the Rangers played nervous and scared. In overtime they all looked like they were about to die of exhaustion. I'm looking forward to Friday in hopes of a different Rangers out there.

Question. Did MZA even see the ice in OT?

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
I'm sure this was said a million times but the Rangers played nervous and scared. In overtime they all looked like they were about to die of exhaustion. I'm looking forward to Friday in hopes of a different Rangers out there.

Nope, and only two shifts in the 3rd. He was also the only one who took a penalty, Torts didn't exactly love his performance last night. But who knows, maybe Zucc gets another chance.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
Usually what I';ve seen is people acknowledging if we get garbage or lucky goalsnot blindly cheering us on. I've seen more than enough people providing fair views to know what your saying here is not representative of the general populace here.
It wasn't aimed at u or anyone in particular... But if read these boards and the others you've heard it. If u wanna pretend that everyone on here is "above" that go right ahead.

Riche16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Ice Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post

wow Zucc already has an abbreviation for his name? i've been staring at this post for like 3 minutes trying to think about who the hell you're talking about. i'll just call him zucc

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 04:35 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Think we played our best game of the series. I hope I am wrong, but this group cannot play any better. If Torts make them to play the same level Fri, I'd become his fan. We looked very good.
Lundqvist didn't stay on his head, but was between very good and great. Poor caps were shooting top glove with no results. He knew where the goal was too. That is the performance I demand he play all the time during the season or take pay cut.
What makes you think they can't play any better? They got one goal from a guy who hasn't done anything all season. I think that almost everyone is capable of playing better offensively.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Hockey View Post
wow Zucc already has an abbreviation for his name? i've been staring at this post for like 3 minutes trying to think about who the hell you're talking about. i'll just call him zucc
I'm pretty sure he had it before we even signed him.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 07:01 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
http://eye-on-hockey.blogs.cbssports...94626/28529911

Boring - but correct. The goal was good. Thought so yesterday too...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 07:10 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
http://eye-on-hockey.blogs.cbssports...94626/28529911

Boring - but correct. The goal was good. Thought so yesterday too...
Two comments:

1. Clearly a goal. I don't know what all the fuss is about. Sure the ref could have blown the whistle a little earlier but that's questionable as best.

2. How the **** do I get Damian Echevarietta's job?

Synergy27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 08:07 PM
ltrangerfan

My thoughts on the game:

Torts continues to shorten his bench and therein lies the difference between the two teams. Staal and Girardi played 34/35 minutes and both looked exhausted after the first 5 minutes on OT. Was the fatigue a factor in the late turnover? I believe yes. The Rangers needed to win it early or the Caps had a huge advantage. The Rangers looked like a boxer (in OT) constantly under pressure hoping to hear the bell to get a much needed rest. The choice is clear, going forward... Play with more balance and have more energy late (but risk a drop off in personnel) or play with your best hoping the game doesn't drag on. Staal and Gir played against the Ovech line so 35 minutes on the ice really takes it's toll.

Clearly a Ranger 2nd goal and everything I just said would be moot.

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 08:20 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
My thoughts on the game:

Torts continues to shorten his bench and therein lies the difference between the two teams. Staal and Girardi played 34/35 minutes and both looked exhausted after the first 5 minutes on OT. Was the fatigue a factor in the late turnover? I believe yes. The Rangers needed to win it early or the Caps had a huge advantage. The Rangers looked like a boxer (in OT) constantly under pressure hoping to hear the bell to get a much needed rest. The choice is clear, going forward... Play with more balance and have more energy late (but risk a drop off in personnel) or play with your best hoping the game doesn't drag on. Staal and Gir played against the Ovech line so 35 minutes on the ice really takes it's toll.

Clearly a Ranger 2nd goal and everything I just said would be moot.
The Caps announcers mentioned how entering overtime, no Washington defender had played more than 21 minutes. That Boudreau had really balanced the pairings, and that it would likely work to the advantage of Washington as the game progressed. It did.

I know we always match Staal/Girardi against Ovechkin/Backstrom, but Torts is going to have to find some way to limit that pair's TOI. Even if we don't play another OT game, those guys are going to be dead tired after a few more games. They already--IMO--looked tired down the stretch, especially Staal.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote