HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How badly hurt is Richards?

Old
04-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Some individuals apparently didn't notice the Flyers completely neutralize the Sabres top two lines.

Yeah, let's focus on the negatives and speculate that Richards is too injured to be effective... even though he was one of the Flyers' best players in Game 1. I bet Richards is 'hurt', but he'd be the last person to use that as an excuse for a poor playoff performance.

Doesn't mean squat unless one of the other two lines contribute and the 4th line equals any production of the opposing 4th line.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 11:34 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Doesn't mean squat unless one of the other two lines contribute and the 4th line equals any production of the opposing 4th line.
Not in the fact we lost the game, but sure as **** does when we have morons who claim he must be injured cause they think he had a bad game or he doesn't take hockey serious ???

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 11:48 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
The only thing that matters at this time of the season is winning games.

The Flyers played a near perfect Game 1, but didn't get the result. Luckily for us, this isn't a single elimination tournament.

Your attitude suggests that you take pleasure in this team losing; it gives you a chance to **** on the players you despise.

04-15-2011, 11:50 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:

The Flyers played a near perfect Game 1, but didn't get the result. Luckily for us, this isn't a single elimination tournament.
Yeah Lavi said similar words in his post game yesterday.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Not in the fact we lost the game, but sure as **** does when we have morons who claim he must be injured cause they think he had a bad game or he doesn't take hockey serious ???
I do not even think he had a bad game, he is in a role that Laviolette sees him as the best fit, which is to matchup against other top lines, and that is smart. But I just see a lack of intensity at times, and when you are in the position of leader even if you are not vocal about it you should show through how you play the game.

I thought Versteeg came out and was going the physical route, I owuld love to see Richards follow suit next game and just start using the body, he is becoming a soft player.

Old
04-15-2011, 11:52 AM
phillyfanatic

This thread makes me laugh. Richards? Really? I thought the Flyers were awesome last night. Bob was good. Richards line dominated ALL GAME. He had some big hits and that line had chances, just the bounces didn't go our way.

P.S. How bout JVR. He looks like Giroux did to start the playoffs last year. Like, OK, time for my coming out party. He was outstanding.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 11:53 AM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
I do not even think he had a bad game, he is in a role that Laviolette sees him as the best fit, which is to matchup against other top lines, and that is smart. But I just see a lack of intensity at times, and when you are in the position of leader even if you are not vocal about it you should show through how you play the game.

I thought Versteeg came out and was going the physical route, I owuld love to see Richards follow suit next game and just start using the body, he is becoming a soft player.
you are blind. Nodl-Richards and Versteeg were ALL hitting. There was one shift where all 3 of them layed a big hit one after the other

Old
04-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:

Your attitude suggests that you take pleasure in this team losing; it gives you a chance to **** on the players you despise.
Near perfect game???? They were 0-5 on the PP, missed a chance on a 5v3, and although they put up some shots did not convert on the chances. Guys lost battles along the boards, they did not skate well enough to apply pressure in the offensive zone and create turnovers resulting in good scoring chances. This team took the last month off, well the playoffs are here and as well as they played defensively they have plenty of room for improvement in the offensive end.

Please grow up with this wanting a team to lose, honestly, at this point it is just childish. We all want to Flyers to win, but from my view I can look at it from a critical point of view and realize when they missed chances and that as much as we want to give them praise when they do well they also have to be open to criticism when they do not. This condescending nonsense that if you do not support the players blindly you are somehow not a fan is the biggest bunch of rubbish I have ever encountered.

Anything short of a Stanley Cup run is a failure, period. This team is in their prime and being given a chance to make it happen, time for the leaders to lead, excuses are for losers.

Last edited by Cartsiephan*: 04-15-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old
04-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoverCarle View Post
you are blind. Nodl-Richards and Versteeg were ALL hitting. There was one shift where all 3 of them layed a big hit one after the other
Richards is not consistent enough and to start the game he was not in that role for the entire game. 60 minutes, take the body and finish the checks. As I said, I do not think he played poorly but he does have another level he needs to achieve as leader of this team.

Old
04-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Is that also somehow Richards' fault?

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Is that also somehow Richards' fault?
Nope #17, he's there to score some goals.

Old
04-15-2011, 12:09 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Please grow up with this wanting a team to lose, honestly, at this point it is just childish. We all want to Flyers to win, but from my view I can look at it from a critical point of view and realize when they missed chances and that as much as we want to give them praise when they do well they also have to be open to criticism when they do not. This codescending nonsense that if you do not support the players blindly you are somehow not a fan is the biggest bunch of rubbish I have ever encountered.
It's not surprising this time of year when the fanboy preteens and teens resort to criticizing fellow fans for not being well...blind fans. I used to do the same. Nothing some child filters won't solve to mitigate people questioning other people's "fanhood" like defensive babies...

What is funny is that many of the points being brought up in commenting on the game are brought up by the players, coach and commentators themselves. Carle mentioned the 5 on 3 being a turning point and the difference, JVR said the same, Lappy added that when you squander 5 on 3's you usually lose the game, Lavy in the postgame was sarcastic and said I guess we didn't feel like scoring and that this time of year being content with just the process like in the Regular season is not enough...you need to have results to win games, Clement has commented on Richards being off most of the year...but you know these people are all haters! They should just shut the eff up put on a skirt and waive the pom pom's unquestionably...how quaint

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Cartsiephan*

Is this type of behavior against forum rules? Libel?

a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means (3) : the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures (4) : the act, tort, or crime of publishing such a libel

Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 04-15-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: removed qdp
Old
04-15-2011, 12:12 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
And I thought the panic was ridiculous down the stretch. Its like if they don't win every game the aren't trying or there's an injury or someone is bringing down the whole team. A team can't just lose a game. It has to be somebody's fault and that person's poor play/injury/lack of hustle etc in one game will be the downfall of the team.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:13 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Outstanding.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 04-15-2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Troll image removed.
CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:13 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:

a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means (3) : the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures (4) : the act, tort, or crime of publishing such a libel
Sarcasm, Cartsie, Sarcasm. I was pretending to be you in your hatred for our young core. As Wayne Campble would say : "Fished in!!"

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 04-15-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old
04-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:

As opposed to the things you have claimed about Carter and Richards in the past?

Old
04-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Justified
Amaro out

at this point of the season, I think everyone is hurting.

Justified is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
It's not surprising this time of year when the fanboy preteens and teens resort to criticizing fellow fans for not being well...blind fans. I used to do the same. Nothing some child filters won't solve to mitigate people questioning other people's "fanhood" like defensive babies...

What is funny is that many of the points being brought up in commenting on the game are brought up by the players, coach and commentators themselves. Carle mentioned the 5 on 3 being a turning point and the difference, JVR said the same, Lappy added that when you squander 5 on 3's you usually lose the game, Lavy in the postgame was sarcastic and said I guess we didn't feel like scoring and that this time of year being content with just the process like in the Regular season is not enough...you need to have results to win games, Clement has commented on Richards being off most of the year...but you know these people are all haters! They should just shut the eff up put on a skirt and waive the pom pom's unquestionably...how quaint
Not sure where it falls. Sure I bust Richie and Cartsie fans for all their love, but if you look at my analysis of what is Carters shortcomings and criticisms is exactly what you are getting from him. I just cannot fathom how someone in their ivory tower can sit back and mock other for a legitimate explanation of what they see in the games.

I am sorry, game one on your home ice after a disappointing finish down the stretch and you get shutout after having a clear advantage on the PP is just a disappointment. They still have the potential to win out this series, but do not underestimate the Sabres, they can steal this game tomorrow and there will be some unhappy fans in that arena as there should be.

Old
04-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
As opposed to the things you have claimed about Carter and Richards in the past?
Never said anything about their personal life.

Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 04-15-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old
04-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Not sure where it falls. Sure I bust Richie and Cartsie fans for all their love, but if you look at my analysis of what is Carters shortcomings and criticisms is exactly what you are getting from him. I just cannot fathom how someone in their ivory tower can sit back and mock other for a legitimate explanation of what they see in the games.

I am sorry, game one on your home ice after a disappointing finish down the stretch and you get shutout after having a clear advantage on the PP is just a disappointment. They still have the potential to win out this series, but do not underestimate the Sabres, they can steal this game tomorrow and there will be some unhappy fans in that arena as there should be.
No, you don't. If you actually paid attention around here, you'd notice that Carter was a whipping boy around here before you came and actually rallied people to his defense because of your completely absurd statements. I actually remember being amazed at seeing so many people defending Carter for once.

Criticizing Richards for his play last night indicates you either weren't watching him play, are completely divorced from reality, or expect him to be a combination of Richard/Howe/Orr/Gretzky/Lemieux

Old
04-15-2011, 12:22 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Near perfect game???? They were 0-5 on the PP, missed a chance on a 5v3, and although they put up some shots did not convert on the chances. Guys lost battles along the boards, they did not skate well enough to apply pressure in the offensive zone and create turnovers resulting in good scoring chances. This team took the last month off, well the playoffs are here and as well as they played defensively they have plenty of room for improvement in the offensive end.
The powerplay was my only real issue in this game, especially the individual effort mentality used on the break ins... which pretty much killed each powerplay opportunity.

The Flyers owned the neutral zone and did a good job on the forecheck. You're not going to win every puck battle, so why focus on the negative battles? I didn't think the quality of the chances were great, but I would be more than happy if they played the same even strength game in Game 2.

Who cares if they took the last month off? The playoffs are a different animal.

Quote:
Please grow up with this wanting a team to lose, honestly, at this point it is just childish. We all want to Flyers to win, but from my view I can look at it from a critical point of view and realize when they missed chances and that as much as we want to give them praise when they do well they also have to be open to criticism when they do not. This codescending nonsense that if you do not support the players blindly you are somehow not a fan is the biggest bunch of rubbish I have ever encountered.
Even when you compliment the team, you throw a backhanded comment at someone. Criticism of the team has been warranted for the lackadaisical play in the second half of the season, but you tend to focus on a small handful of players.

You always have found the bad in every good situation and I have yet to see you find any good in a bad situation. The majority of the posters here don't blindly follow the players, whether I agree with their opinions or not. You, on the other hand, have blind hatred, especially for Carter.

Quote:
Anything short of a Stanley Cup run is a failure, period. This team is in their prime and being given a chance to make it happen, time for the leaders to lead, excuses are for losers.
I agree. Anything short of a Cup is a failure of a season. The Cup is handed out in Game 1 of the first round, though.

There's a strong leadership group on this team; you seem to ignore that Pronger, Timonen, Briere and O'Donnell all wore letters on previous clubs... three of them being captains. Yet all of your leadership criticism has been on Carter and Richards. You don't have to wear letters to be leaders and I'm confident in the group assembled in Philly.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Yes, you have. When you first showed up you routinely claimed that their personal lives interfered with their games, despite the fact that you have no knowledge of their personal lives or even how they practice or train.

Old
04-15-2011, 12:24 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Im pretty sure you used to talk about their partying, and about the Carter/hartnell wife swap rumors. I am also pretty sure that you are full of **** anyway

Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 04-15-2011 at 12:28 PM. Reason: qdp
Old
04-15-2011, 12:25 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Street View Post
This has gone far too long. Can the guy just sit down for a bit and heal up? Or at least, Holmgren make a statement in regards to the guy's health status? It's just not fair for us fans to expect so much more out of this guy. He looks like he's one step away from going to the emergency room out there.
Respectfully i truly wonder what game you watched last night ?Ritchie played well, shut down Vanek, set up some nice scoring chances etc.....We got shut-out 1 to zip, but we actually dominated the game, sometimes this happens in hockey.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote