HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Anthem

Old
04-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
National Anthem

I know we always have some "recording artist" come out for the playoffs, but man, this would be beyond amazing in the Bridgestone. In general, I'd like to see more arenas do this when big crowds are assembled.

Portland Timber's Fans Sing National Anthem

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:34 PM
mollymcdeath
I'm drunk.

That's pretty cool, but those little kids looked totally annoyed didn't they? LOL

I seriously loved when we had the TSU band attend and play during TV breaks and stuff, I wish we could keep them for every game.

mollymcdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:28 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Speaking of the Portland Timbers, they have the greatest goal celebration of all time. Gnash needs to get a chainsaw. I don't care what he cuts, he just needs to cut something.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by predeuce777 View Post
Speaking of the Portland Timbers, they have the greatest goal celebration of all time. Gnash needs to get a chainsaw. I don't care what he cuts, he just needs to cut something.
Sorry that image had me almost spit out my drink.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 07:27 PM
cleangene

The Army guy who has sang the Anthem at both Pens playoff games so far just holds the mike towards the crowd about midway through it, and EVERYONE in the building is singing. To me, that and EVERYONE singing Oh Canada before the oils SC Finals games in their series with carolina, is so much more moving than what happens in chicago.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 06:45 AM
Fo Shea Shea

What happens in Chicago is blatant disrespect. I think we could all sing the national anthem and it would be cool as long as its singing behind someone who can actually sing. Plus this video is at a soccer game, therefore it loses all credibility. Cue fussy soccer fan..........now..........

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
I know we always have some "recording artist" come out for the playoffs, but man, this would be beyond amazing in the Bridgestone. In general, I'd like to see more arenas do this when big crowds are assembled.

that is very cool

Nitrous Mafia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Cue ignorant football fan......now......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fo Shea Shea View Post
What happens in Chicago is blatant disrespect. I think we could all sing the national anthem and it would be cool as long as its singing behind someone who can actually sing. Plus this video is at a soccer game, therefore it loses all credibility. Cue fussy soccer fan..........now..........
fixed.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 07:27 PM
hockey diva

I usually sing with the anthem singer as long as they are sticking with the tune. I hate folks who embelish it. It's hard enough to sing without making it fancy.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
I usually sing with the anthem singer as long as they are sticking with the tune. I hate folks who embelish it. It's hard enough to sing without making it fancy.
In the movie Amadeus, there was a point where a reviewer listened to one of Mozart's pieces and sniffed that there were "too many notes". I'm like the reviewer when some of these folks sing the anthem. Too many syllables. And I hate the hand motions, too. This isn't a record deal tryout, this isn't a revival, it's a hockey game. Sing it and leave so we can cheer and the ref can drop the dang puck.

Of course, if it was my daughter singing and someone said that I'd throw a hissy fit because then it would be wonderful. ;-)

Adz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Do you become a fussy fan first by complaining about soccer out of nowhere for no reason? Seems like the aforementioned "fussy soccer fan" would just be giving a rebuttal to your original statement.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 07:24 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post

The guy doing the "Oh Canada" national anthem last night before the Nucks/Hawks game basically let the crowd sing it for him too.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 06:17 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
I'm not fussy. I'm curious as to what it is about soccer - which hockey is essentially a condensed version of, by the way - that doesn't appeal to you.

Singing the anthem would get fans into the game from the outset, and would be especially fitting in the postseason. It's one thing to stand quietly during the regular season, but the playoffs are when your passion is supposed to show through, and I wouldn't really consider singing along to be a form of disrespect.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:01 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I'm not fussy. I'm curious as to what it is about soccer - which hockey is essentially a condensed version of, by the way - that doesn't appeal to you.

Singing the anthem would get fans into the game from the outset, and would be especially fitting in the postseason. It's one thing to stand quietly during the regular season, but the playoffs are when your passion is supposed to show through, and I wouldn't really consider singing along to be a form of disrespect.
I didn't want to have to tell you guys this, but I'd be a bad poster if I didn't. Soccer is a sport invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands did the cooking.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote