HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF|Game 2| New York Rangers @ Washington Capitals| Verizon Center| 4.15.11| 7:30

Old
04-15-2011, 12:27 PM
WcRoenick97

vCash: 500
Well, I won't be buying a ticket to Game 5.

WcRoenick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:28 PM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Wow, that is awesome. Torts sounds like the older sibling, where the younger sibling knows exactly how to push their buttons.

QuadrupleDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:28 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
True, but what other choices do the Rangers really have at this point?
Avery has a history of being very good in his first game after being scratched. He'll have something to prove and Caps will need to be ready. I good hard Ovie hit would probably do the trick.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:31 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Larry Brooks is doing the job of Capitals fans sitting behind the bench for them. Anything getting his head out of the game is great for us.

04-15-2011, 12:39 PM
txpd

this no fear of the caps pp thing. the rangers dont score. 1 goal against that could have been prevented is tough for them to make up. avery takes one punching the goalie penalty and ov scores one ppg and torts is hung out to dry.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:44 PM
sycamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I think the floodgates open in the second half of the game. The Rangers can't keep this up. They're basically the early 90s Caps and we all know how that works out.
Agreed. Think they come out with desperate energy in the first, with no success, then we put up 4 on them in the second and third.

Just curious what you guys think of the other two big series that effect us. Do you think chances are greater that Montreal wins their series or Buffalo theirs?

sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:44 PM
BobRouse

My prediction is the Caps will smoke the Rangers this game 5-1.

I imagine their confidence from the OT win will carry over. As hard as the Rangers play, if the Caps match them they win...i.e. if both teams bring their best the Rangers have no chance.

Caps need to bring the physical play again.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:47 PM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
My prediction is the Caps will smoke the Rangers this game 5-1.

I imagine their confidence from the OT win will carry over. As hard as the Rangers play, if the Caps match them they win...i.e. if both teams bring their best the Rangers have no chance.

Caps need to bring the physical play again.
Of course the Rangers have a chance, even if both teams bring their best. The Rangers' best includes Lundqvist being absolutely unbeatable. I still think he steals 2 games in this series.

Old
04-15-2011, 12:51 PM
sycamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by khuddle View Post
Agreed. Think they come out with desperate energy in the first, with no success, then we put up 4 on them in the second and third.

Just curious what you guys think of the other two big series that effect us. Do you think chances are greater that Montreal wins their series or Buffalo theirs?
If Price really continues to stand on his head, I think the Habs have a good shot at taking that series. They have a better coach, and Boston can't score consistently.
In the other series, I just dont see how Buffalo is going to weather the pressure of that deep and relentless Philadelphia offence for three more games. Buffalo's defence isnt particularly good, and they have only one line that can score, thats it. Throw Pronger into the mix, and I see Philly prevailing in that one (hopefully exhausted and beat up).

sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:53 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke View Post
Of course the Rangers have a chance, even if both teams bring their best. The Rangers' best includes Lundqvist being absolutely unbeatable. I still think he steals 2 games in this series.
Well thats your perspective and I respect that. I couldn't disagree more.

The Rangers just don't have the horses to match the Caps A+ game. Last playoffs Caps didn't bring their A+ game (they played well) and were a far lesser team than this years version. Halak absolutely stood on his head and they won.

Caps are superior this year and the Rangers aren't as good as the Habs of last year IMO. Lundqvist can only do so much and he will break sooner rather than later.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Caps players shouldn't overthink it. Hit them till death, skate around them and keep Henrik moving.

Predicting Knuble's goal, 3rd line's goal and and one from OV/AS. Maybe some shot from the point will go in somehow (wild redirection) = Schultz =)

PS: If we will win it and match up against BUF/MTL in the next round - Wideman will fit in better because of opponent's less heavy and more speedy forwards. Everything is fine. Just don't push the brakes..

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:02 PM
EroCaps

They need to be assertive and not look to come out to "weather the storm". That translates into prevent defense. They began the 3rd period of Game 1 on their heels and it almost cost them. They play their game for 60 minutes and I like their chances.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Washington Capitals

Just win.

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:15 PM
BPMrules

As long as Arnott and Knubes keep beating it into everyone's heads we need to score greasy goals, we will win this series. Keep Lundqvist moving, get pucks on net, and keep playing physical, that's how we win, this round. Beat them up before they beat us up. The quicker we get out of this series, the better we do down the line.

BPMrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:23 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Avery is in, well there you go.

TXPD you will remember when he punched the goalie last time, was when the game was out of hand. He isnt going to go punch Neuvy in the first period. He should go after Green or Carlson instead.

Its time for our boys to neutralize him, very simple. Led by Erskine, its why we keep reinking him.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 04-15-2011 at 03:58 PM.
RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Devil Dancer

I haven't seen this much confidence on this forum in a long time. I dig it, even if I don't agree.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Codependent
Fail for Nail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
this no fear of the caps pp thing. the rangers dont score. 1 goal against that could have been prevented is tough for them to make up. avery takes one punching the goalie penalty and ov scores one ppg and torts is hung out to dry.
Yeah, I agree, I really don't see how they can afford to keep Avery out there if he starts putting the Caps on the powerplay. This was a 1-1 game that went deep into the first over time period for crying out loud. Also, the Caps only got 2 power plays the whole game- even if they were killing it- thats very few chances, so if they start getting 4-5 or 5 all of a sudden I think its makes an immense difference. I thought their powerplay created a number of good scoring chances and looked a lot better down the stretch. Green was in for the first time in six weeks, the more he gets the rust off the more dangerous the Powerplay is. Semin scoring early and getting the game tying assist is huge and same with Ovie who has so much pressure on him and Green's assist was nice too. These guys getting going early does not bode well for the Rangers. Semin's problem is how streaky he is because we want consistency but the upside is that once he gets going it usually means a hot streak. Arnott with the huge pla and game winning assist to Semin is awesome too- these guys playing well together can only mean good things- I hope Brooksie is on that line start to finish this game though. We went into this series worried about how Neuvy would handle things, thats answered too now. All that being said, we barely found a way to tie that one. When we did tie it though, it was on a dirty goal- go figure. We need more of that to get through the tough times. They dug deep for that and got it done- I loved the way Ovie leveled that dude right before the scrum for the goal. The Rangers are not going to stop fighting for this though. I'd love to see us score early. Assuming the Caps stay focused, the Rangers will have a lot more trouble playing from behind.

Codependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Blades of steel
log off.

So what if fashion boy gets a dress for game 2, nothing to worry about with hendricks, bradley, and Erskine dressed imo.

Blades of steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:41 PM
BPMrules

Lundqvist is playing his 28th game in a row, tonight. Gotta wonder when the foundation starts to crack. If he has to keep doing it all by himself, he isn't gonna last.

BPMrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:42 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I'd like to see some Lundy-crashing from Hendricks, Bradley, or the like. You break down that wall and the Rags won't have a chance.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:45 PM
kicksavedave
yeahright

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
I'd like to see some Lundy-crashing from Hendricks, Bradley, or the like. You break down that wall and the Rags won't have a chance.
Funny thing is, if the opponent tries that on the Caps, there are two goalies right behind Neuvy who could get the job done just the same. Behind Lundy, who knows what? Even in a goalie war of attrition, we'd win.

kicksavedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:47 PM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPMrules View Post
Lundqvist is playing his 28th game in a row, tonight. Gotta wonder when the foundation starts to crack. If he has to keep doing it all by himself, he isn't gonna last.
No back-to-backs in this series, and two sets of two-days-rest. He'll be fine.

Old
04-15-2011, 01:48 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Avery is in, well there you go.

TXPD you will remember when the punched the goalie last time, was when the game was out of hand. He isnt going to go punch Neuvy in the first period. He should go after Green or Carlson instead.

Its time for our boys to neutralize him, very simple. Led by Erskine, its why we keep reinking him.
my guess is that you really want to see an avery v caps circus tonight. avery starting stuff and erskine knocking him back.

if avery doesnt take a penalty tonight and just plays hockey, you will be disappointed.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:52 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
my guess is that you really want to see an avery v caps circus tonight. avery starting stuff and erskine knocking him back.

if avery doesnt take a penalty tonight and just plays hockey, you will be disappointed.
I wonder if most here wouldn't be disappointed about that. Avery doing something stupid can only help the Caps. Now whether his penalty (in your example) is a stupid one or a smart one could change everything.

Regardless, a silent Avery doesn't really do anything to help us, does he? He's not exactly a liability out there when he's behaving, although he's not as effective either.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksavedave View Post
Funny thing is, if the opponent tries that on the Caps, there are two goalies right behind Neuvy who could get the job done just the same. Behind Lundy, who knows what? Even in a goalie war of attrition, we'd win.
I dunno. Biron is a pretty decent back-up goalie.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote