HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stoll Suspended 1 Game

Old
04-15-2011, 01:40 PM
fsanford

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
If Schenn doesn't get called up and Moller is put in, we might as well start the funereal services now.

Murray will hit Moller so hard that he might actually get a delay of game penalty for sending him over the boards.
Well apparently many think Schenn is the Messiah, so he should be able to raise Moller from the dead.

fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:51 PM
SLang

I bet it will be one game since the consensus around the league seems to be that one playoff game = 2 regular season games and I think that is what this is worth if it was the regular season, especially considering Stoll's lack of prior suspensions.

I hope, at least.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:52 PM
ShattStar03

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
Well apparently many think Schenn is the Messiah, so he should be able to raise Moller from the dead.
We don't think he's the Messiah but we believe he is our best option to replace Stoll.

He has the size, skill, and ability to generate offense.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:54 PM
killermiller
Kings/Jets fan

I don't know if i'm in the minority here but the hit didn't look dirty at all, it just looked careless, and unless someone can show me a good angle of it, the two angles I did see didn't look like an elbow either.

I'm trying not to be a homer but White put his head down a bit and it looks like Stoll lead with his forearm and not with his elbow, of course he shouldn't have pushed his head into the boards but it wasn't a vicious cheap elbow like everyone is accusing him of.

It was careless, give him a warning and a fine. One game at most.

killermiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Orenji

Quote:
MURRAY: “All I know is that he has been assigned to Manchester. That means he is available to us. Get down there, and hopefully he gets into some games, playing at that level and just continues with his career, and if there’s a need, we can have him available at any time.”
Brayden better be practicing his tap ins.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:56 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
I don't know if i'm in the minority here but the hit didn't look dirty at all, it just looked careless, and unless someone can show me a good angle of it, the two angles I did see didn't look like an elbow either.

I'm trying not to be a homer but White put his head down a bit and it looks like Stoll lead with his forearm and not with his elbow, of course he shouldn't have pushed his head into the boards but it wasn't a vicious cheap elbow like everyone is accusing him of.

It was careless, give him a warning and a fine. One game at most.
I agree. This is what I have been saying too.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Brayden better be practicing his tap ins.
And his faceoffs.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:59 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
I'm trying to think of some way Brayden doesn't get the call up if Stoll gets suspended.

1. One of the main reasons he was said not to be brought up is because they didn't wanna make him feel like he needs to live up to Kopitar. Okay, well, he will just have to live up to Jarrett Stoll now.

2. If not Shenn, then who? All we have left is Moller and Harrold. Moller would never survive a game against the Sharks. He's too fragile and probably would be dead by period two of game two. Schenn also, you know, plays center and has top six skill.

3. Schenn could give the Sharks' defense fits. You saw guys like Richardson, Clifford and Lewis, besides Williams, give the Sharks the most trouble last night. Having someone who is fast and hard nosed can get behind their defense. Schenn could do that AND he has more offensive skill than all three of those guys. I honestly can see Schenn being more dangerous to score than Ryan Smyth.

4. Kings deserve some hope. Not saying that Schenn will save us. He probably won't. He might change nothing. We might be able to win without him and Stoll. Who knows. But the Kings showed last night that this series is a lot closer than people think. Fans and the players quite frankly deserve to have the best chance possible to beat those guys. With Stoll out, there is zero question that Brayden Schenn is the best option going forward.

Best case scenario probably, since I can't see Stoll getting away without any games, is just a one game suspension. Call Schenn up. Play him one time. If he does well, keep him up for when we head to Staples. If he doesn't, no worries, send him back down and have Stoll retake his spot the next game.
I'm still trying to figure out why he won't be called up even if Stoll DOESN'T get suspended.

We were obviously RIGHT THERE all night long... We just needed a LITTLE more offense, and Brayden Schenn brings that.

Westgarth played well.. GREAT actually, but with Schenn in the line up we're just a little bit more dangerous offensively.. And we need that.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:59 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

MayorsManor is saying that Schenn won't be playing for Manchester tonight, as a matter of fact, he's not even in New Hampshire yet..

Quote:
Brayden Schenn is not expected to be in the line-up tonight when the Monarchs play game two vs. the Senators at 7pm EST. In fact, word is, he's not even in New Hampshire at the moment.

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:01 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
P.s. I don't think that they will suspend Jarrett Stoll. There was no intent to go for Ian Whites head, despite the hit being labeled as "dirty." I hope Ian Whites okay, but I don't think the hit deserves a suspension.

Old
04-15-2011, 02:01 PM
two out of three*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
MayorsManor is saying that Schenn won't be playing for Manchester tonight, as a matter of fact, he's not even in New Hampshire yet..
That's a little odd, no? Not getting my hopes up, but odd nonetheless.

Old
04-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Orenji

Quote:

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS BRAYDEN SCHENN?

Old
04-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Capn Brown

We'll know very shortly, as it's now 2 p.m. EST.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:03 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Lol if Schenn did get called up it would be funny.

Thursday"Brayden its DL, were sending you to Manchester"
Friday-"Brayden its DL, on second thought see you in San Jose"

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Orenji

Fun fact: Jarrett Stoll played his junior career for the Ice. The same team that knocked out Brayden Schenn from the WHL playoffs.

Full circle.

Old
04-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Shellz

Haha. They have him in hiding.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Haha. They have him in hiding.
Or someone kidnapped him!!

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:07 PM
jimmy1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Honestly, if you suspend Stoll, you have to suspend Demers as well.

While dirty, Stoll's hit was obviously unintentional. Demers hit, was dirty and intentional.
EXACTLY! How is this hit not getting the same amount of attention? Stoll's 'hit' (looked more like aggressive board-pinning to me) was from behind and I can totally understand the review and possible discipline. But what needs to be kept in mind is that the follow-through of the shoulder pushing face towards boards was the worst part. It's not like Stoll went full-bore and destroyed him by throwing his whole body and weight behind the hit.

Meanwhile Demers leaves his feet, targets the head and the league doesn't care?

And **** SJ's color commentator with his homer BS. I'm so sick of him! 'Joe Pavelski has just become a legend' Wow, I guess the Sharks are desperate for playoff success stories when a first-round, game one OT winner is the stuff of legends. It was a huge goal, but let's not blow it completely out of proportion. What happens when someone scores an OT-GWG in the conference or SC finals? I'm guessing that 'So and so has just become a hockey GOD!!!'. Sensationalist BS!!!

Glad to see the Kings make a game of it and hopefully game 1 is only the first game of an excellent series.

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Orenji

1. Schenn slept all day yesterday, Monarchs won their first game, and the Monarch team told him that he should rest up some more and come in for Game 3.

2. Schenn was planning to fly out today for the game, the Stoll hit happened last night, and got a call from the Kings front office that he should stay where he is because they think Stoll will get suspended. Wouldn't want him to go up to Manchester for the game and then have to leave a few hours there because you're going up to the main team. Awkward.

3. Schenn doesn't have a phone and stayed in the past two days watching cartoons, eating junk food, and playing video games like the kid he is.

If he does get called up, would he be the first person to go from the WHL playoffs, to AHL playoffs (technially) to the NHL playoffs, all in one round?

Old
04-15-2011, 02:13 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Orenji,

you know what's funny, there's still no official statement of Schenn going to Manchester. Hint Hint?

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Orenji

Quote:
Orenji,

you know what's funny, there's still no official statement of Schenn going to Manchester. Hint Hint?
That is actually true.

I guess that was missed with everything yesterday. They said there would be official word soon, but he was never officially announced to go to the Monarchs. He possibly did and no one reported it cause it would be redundant, but if Stoll is suspended, he is on a one way trip to San Jose.

Old
04-15-2011, 02:15 PM
NomadFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Or someone kidnapped him!!
Or they've kept him on a plane this whole time, circling the country, with frequent mid-air refueling.

NomadFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:31 PM
fsanford

Well if Stoll gets suspended for a game they bring him up as this would not impact the ELC since the Kings have that 1 game to play with.

If he plays well he stays, if he does not have a significant impact back down he will go.

If Stoll is suspended for 2.. Then who knows what they do.

fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:36 PM
OK Computer

Dwight King is on a plane to San Jose (E4)

OK Computer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:44 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Fine and no suspension. That's my guess (hope).

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote