HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

How badly hurt is Richards?

Old
04-15-2011, 12:28 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Before this thread totally becomes a Cartsiephan hate fest and it's locked....Meltzer had a good analysis of the game....

This was an interesting point..thoughts?

Quote:
The one thing the Flyers can't do moving forward is fall into the trap that Montreal fell into against Philly in 2008. In that series, Guy Carbonneau stubbornly insisted his team was doing everything right, even as they couldn't beat Martin Biron and were losing low-scoring games. After five games, the Habs were on the golf course.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...41511/45/35252

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
And I thought the panic was ridiculous down the stretch. Its like if they don't win every game the aren't trying or there's an injury or someone is bringing down the whole team. A team can't just lose a game. It has to be somebody's fault and that person's poor play/injury/lack of hustle etc in one game will be the downfall of the team.
Team effort.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Team effort.
Yet you spend all your time singling out two players.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Before this thread totally becomes a Cartsiephan hate fest and it's locked....Meltzer had a good analysis of the game....

Meltzer is one of the only Flyers writer I read for a reason, he does his research and just reports the facts of what he sees in an honest fashion.

Old
04-15-2011, 12:38 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Meltzer is one of the only Flyers writer I read for a reason, he does his research and just reports the facts of what he sees in an honest fashion.
Meltzer also believes the team played well last night.

What a blind follower.

04-15-2011, 12:48 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
I thought Richards was really good last night. drew a penalty early and got in Millers face trying to get in his head. If anyone thinks he had a below average game I would love to know what they were watching.
JVR was the best player on the ice. He was outstanding, If he continues to play like this he will be rewarded. I really dont think the Sabres have an answer for him, well other then Miller.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:52 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post

so its imposssible to play well and lose? Sometimes You do alot of things well and the Flyers did last night with the exception of the powerplay.
I dont think effort was an issue last night at all. IMO

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:02 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
so its imposssible to play well and lose? Sometimes You do alot of things well and the Flyers did last night with the exception of the powerplay.
Well obviously that is Meltzer's point right?

Yes the PP was their undoing primarily along with Miller. The effort was there...the extra effort to win it as the PP suggest wasn't. In the playoffs the game is one of inches..very small margin for error. Unfortunately we made that error. Ruff in the postgame said that Buffalo could play better..he didn't like that they weren't creating enough chances but his 1-3-1 has to factor in to that obviously. Will be interesting to see how they (Buffalo) adjust but more importantly how and if WE adjust...Meltzer is saying the same thing and suggesting the Flyers can't be content even though they played well.

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 04-15-2011 at 01:11 PM.
FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yet you spend all your time singling out two players.
Who are the players who led this team statistically and lead the team with the letters on their chests and the tenure on the roster? So if they can be singled out for their praise, it certainly means that if it hits the fan they should be held accountable.

Guys from last night: Carter, Giroux, Briere, Hartnell, and Leino. All need to be better.

Old
04-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Meltzer also believes the team played well last night.

What a blind follower.
He said they played well enough to win, but there were areas which the Flyers failed to capitalize on, most specifically going to the net and converting on the chances, epsecially on tips and screens.

If you read Meltzer enough you will see his ability to criticize the players, even the stars, without being less of a fan. That is the point.

Old
04-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
He's like my 4 year old niece, she crys and throws a temper tantrum if she doesn't score every shot in WII hockey ! Richie could go balls out 50 mins and he would ***** about the 10 mins he didn't on lack of preparation or that he was out drinking. It is sad how quality people got pissed off and left this once great place while someone continues to troll the **** out of everyone. He claims to be a Flyer lover, yet detests some of the players, how ****ed up is that. I HATE Leino, but my username ain't Leinnyy lover !!

Bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

Guys, everyone needs to relax. Did Mike Richards' attorneys show up on HF today or something?

Look anyone watching him this season has seen the body language that I'm talking about. He looks listless and out of gas in nearly every game. I haven't once *****ed or whined about him this entire season on this board, so get off my back.

I expected it to change a bit last night but again, it was the same old listless attitude, face looks like hes about to barf all over the ice. And excuse me for hoping that the captain and leader of our team may just find a way to pot a goal in game 1 AT HOME.

All of that said, it's not time to panic. I'm very confident that we'll be going tied 1-1 into Buffalo after Saturday night.

Crescent Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:30 PM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Street View Post
All of that said, it's not time to panic. I'm very confident that we'll be going tied 1-1 into Buffalo after Saturday night.
I think so, plus this team is plainly better on the road anyway.

six sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:30 PM
JABEE

Richard looked like he was skating the best he has in a while last night. I criticized him before the playoffs for looking like he was coasting, but he played well last night.

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Swiper the Fox

With all of our will... We will

just keep remembering that !!!

Swiper the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
Richard looked like he was skating the best he has in a while last night. I criticized him before the playoffs for looking like he was coasting, but he played well last night.
Exactly ! Some so called fans get more pleasure being negative and blaming every negative on 2 guys !

Bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:39 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
I expected it to change a bit last night but again, it was the same old listless attitude, face looks like hes about to barf all over the ice. And excuse me for hoping that the captain and leader of our team may just find a way to pot a goal in game 1 AT HOME.
Did you notice Vanek's line dominating when they were on the ice? How often did you hear Connolly's name? How about Pominville? Wonder why that might be...

By as an aside, Richards had the same number of shots on net as that line combined.

Would it have been great if Richards had scored? Hell yes. It would have been great if anyone in orange had scored. Even ****ing Carcillo.

Richards ends up with the scraps in terms of wingers, and has to cover for Versteeg's numerous brainfarts, and yet he's still supposed to focus on scoring against a very good goalie, when no one else on the team was able to do it.

Alrighty then.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:39 PM
usualsuspect434

Are you hurt or are you injured?!?

usualsuspect434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:40 PM
PhillyFlying

richards was phenomenal last night. it's his linemates that should be blamed for not stepping up. gagne is missed.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Did you notice Vanek's line dominating when they were on the ice? How often did you hear Connolly's name? How about Pominville? Wonder why that might be...

By as an aside, Richards had the same number of shots on net as that line combined.

Would it have been great if Richards had scored? Hell yes. It would have been great if anyone in orange had scored. Even ****ing Carcillo.

Richards ends up with the scraps in terms of wingers, and has to cover for Versteeg's numerous brainfarts, and yet he's still supposed to focus on scoring against a very good goalie, when no one else on the team was able to do it.

Alrighty then.
We have to stop holding these proven losers who have done NOTHING in the playoffs their entire careers on this high chair of eliteness and acting like this is some unsurmountable task for Richards.

I expect this of Richards. I still want to know what's bugging him. He just doesn't look the same anymore to me. Just want to know what's up. Is that ok?

Old
04-15-2011, 01:43 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
gagne is missed.
While there are a multitude of *******s around here, I can't imagine anyone disagreeing there.

Old
04-15-2011, 01:45 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
We have to stop holding these proven losers who have done NOTHING in the playoffs their entire careers on this high chair of eliteness and acting like this is some unsurmountable task for Richards.

I expect this of Richards. I still want to know what's bugging him. He just doesn't look the same anymore to me. Just want to know what's up. Is that ok?
Sorry, you've lost me. Are you referring to Richards in your first paragraph?

Old
04-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

Quote:
While there are a multitude of *******s around here, I can't imagine anyone disagreeing there.
Cause Gagne has been so incredibly amazing for the Bolts this year. I'll take Mez for his contract over an aging Gagne, who looks like half the player he used to be. I will never forget his GWG against Boston though. That will last forever.

How much of Gagne did you guys actually watch this year?

Old
04-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

Quote:
Sorry, you've lost me. Are you referring to Richards in your first paragraph?
No, the Vanek line.

Old
04-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
He's like my 4 year old niece, she crys and throws a temper tantrum if she doesn't score every shot in WII hockey ! Richie could go balls out 50 mins and he would ***** about the 10 mins he didn't on lack of preparation or that he was out drinking. It is sad how quality people got pissed off and left this once great place while someone continues to troll the **** out of everyone. He claims to be a Flyer lover, yet detests some of the players, how ****ed up is that. I HATE Leino, but my username ain't Leinnyy lover !!
Are you serious? Enough, if you want to go toe to toe for hockey knowledge or experience of being a Flyers fan go for it, I have been around long enough to remember the last Stanley Cup parade and have experienced having the pleasure of watching Game 6 in the Spectrum of the 1987 SCF's. I have seen winners and teams who deserved to be considered winners, such as the Flyers teams under Mike Keenan. This team has yet to show that on a nightly or yearly basis, honest praise and a legacy is not given, it is earned. Until this team shows that type of character I will question the tenured leaders at every moment the question needs to be asked and no one like you is going to be able to change that of this long time Philly Phan.

Being able to voice an honest opinion about a team who some have followed since their inception is about being a fan as much as sitting back and acting like Chip Diller. And yes, if your captain does not give 60 minutes of effort in a playoff game I do question the heart of the warrior.