HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF #1: Sabres @ Flyers - Thursday, Apr. 14, 2011 - 7:30 PM (ET)

Old
04-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yet he somehow always manages to power past the other team to get shots on goal.

I wonder if that's related to his speed and efficient skating?
with all due respect, what are you smoking? Carter never blows by anyone, never drives hard to the net. What do you think every fan has been waiting for 5 years? Carter, like it's patented, cuts to the outside, runs out of room and shoots from a bad angle.

Since I have the day off, I'll be happy to supply about 1000 clips of him doing so. In fact the last time he powered to the net on his off wing, 4 games ago, even my wife, head buried in a book, innocently asked why he doesn't do that every game?

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Are you ****ing 5 years old, what the **** are you talking about ???
This team is just oozing with confidence, lose a game 2 on home ice and you expect this team to beat the Caps, Pens, Habs, or Bruins? Come on get real.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:59 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
This team is just oozing with confidence, lose a game 2 on home ice and you expect this team to beat the Caps, Pens, Habs, or Bruins? Come on get real.
Yes I do, unlike you I will cheer and believe until they are shaking hands!

Guess you quit last year to heh ? I normally ignore all your BS, but you are ****ing on today !!

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:02 PM
murp0837

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
with all due respect, what are you smoking? Carter never blows by anyone, never drives hard to the net. What do you think every fan has been waiting for 5 years? Carter, like it's patented, cuts to the outside, runs out of room and shoots from a bad angle.

Since I have the day off, I'll be happy to supply about 1000 clips of him doing so. In fact the last time he powered to the net on his off wing, 4 games ago, even my wife, head buried in a book, innocently asked why he doesn't do that every game?
Carter has been one of the top goal scores for the past 3 seasons (7th in 10/11, 13th in 09/10, 2nd in 08/09). What do you expect from him?

murp0837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:04 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by murp0837 View Post
Carter has been one of the top goal scores for the past 3 seasons (7th in 10/11, 13th in 09/10, 2nd in 08/09). What do you expect from him?
Don't even try man, some of us admit that he needs to step up his post season production, but the level of **** thrown at him is embarassing.

Old
04-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Don't even try man, some of us admit that he needs to step up his post season production, but the level of **** thrown at him is embarassing.
Ya and as soon as we lose one playoff game he is the first scapegoat. Even though we dominated the sabres for the entire game, and they probably had about 4 minutes of zone time total, someone still has to feel the wrath of blame.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:12 PM
El Emperor

Quote:
Yes I do, unlike you I will cheer and believe until they are shaking hands!

Guess you quit last year to heh ? I normally ignore all your BS, but you are ****ing on today !!
Dude, dropping the first two home games in the first round after an atrocious end to the regular season is a little different than what happened last season. We were the #7 seed taking on a very defensive minded Bruins team... no one could have predicted what happened last year... however I didn't quit and Cartsiefan probably didn't quit either.

No one is quitting on this team but just keeping things realistic here. It is very hard to imagine that a team that has played this bad for 2 months can lose their first two home games in round 1 and rebound all the way to the finals. A 1-0 loss in Game 1 doesn't mean much unless they lose game 2 also.

I still think and hope the Flyers will win tomorrow and win the series in Game 5 (cause that's the playoff tickets I have).

Last edited by El Emperor: 04-15-2011 at 02:18 PM.
El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:22 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan333 View Post
Dude, dropping the first two home games in the first round after an atrocious end to the regular season is a little different than what happened last season. We were the #7 seed taking on a very defensive minded Bruins team... no one could have predicted what happened last year... however I didn't quit and Cartsiefan probably didn't quit either.

No one is quitting on this team but just keeping things realistic here. It is very hard to imagine that a team that has played this bad for 2 months can lose their first two home games in round 1 and rebound all the way to the finals. A 1-0 loss in Game 1 doesn't mean much unless they lose game 2 also.

I still think and hope the Flyers will win tomorrow and win the series in Game 5 (cause that's the playoff tickets I have).
Who gives a **** about the regular season, it's over. If you guage the way we ended the reg season, we are already done, and that is not the case. The team played well last night, we aren't gonna win every game, take the positives and move on.

Old
04-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Who gives a **** about the regular season, it's over. If you guage the way we ended the reg season, we are already done, and that is not the case. The team played well last night, we aren't gonna win every game, take the positives and move on.
well said..

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush18 View Post
Ya and as soon as we lose one playoff game he is the first scapegoat. Even though we dominated the sabres for the entire game, and they probably had about 4 minutes of zone time total, someone still has to feel the wrath of blame.
Well we'll just agree to disagree. I'm clearly in the minority about my views on Carter but don't ever mistake them as reactionary or petty. Carter is, next to Giroux, the most talented player on the team. I hold him to a much higher standard than 85% of the team but as long as he continues to play a physical-less game and rack of shot totals from the outside, I will continue to hold the door open for his exit.

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Swiper the Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
I am not even worried about that, the Flyers can win on the road. What is worrisome is that once again they put themselves in a "must win" scenario. Lose tomorrow night and forget the SCF's.
have you forgotten about last year
Boston

its not over till, they lose 4 in a series ( not 2 )

Swiper the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:35 PM
El Emperor

Quote:
You sure you are okay about last night? A little touchy on the subject. I was just trying put things into perspective after you got all pissed at Cartsiefan, that's all.

So, if we lose Game 2 while playing well are you going to still take the positives and move on? The Flyers are a great road team, however, we only play 3 road games in this series.

And I'm not gauging the entire playoffs based on the regular season, I'm simply using it along with the possibility that we could lose Game 2 and stating that it's unlikely that a team with both those conditions can rise above it all and make it to the finals.

Trust me, I'm confident we will move on from this!

Old
04-15-2011, 02:37 PM
El Emperor

Nevermind me... I suck, don't listen to me, it's all hypothetical and I'm just bored here at work.

Old
04-15-2011, 02:42 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
You sure you are okay about last night? A little touchy on the subject. I was just trying put things into perspective after you got all pissed at Cartsiefan, that's all.

So, if we lose Game 2 while playing well are you going to still take the positives and move on? The Flyers are a great road team, however, we only play 3 road games in this series.

And I'm not gauging the entire playoffs based on the regular season, I'm simply using it along with the possibility that we could lose Game 2 and stating that it's unlikely that a team with both those conditions can rise above it all and make it to the finals.

Not you at all, and if we lose game 2 , my nerves will increase, but you sure as hell won't see me saying we are done. Your right about being touchy too, just Cartsie hit a nerve today and it is pissing me off.

Old
04-15-2011, 02:47 PM
El Emperor

Quote:

Not you at all, and if we lose game 2 , my nerves will increase, but you sure as hell won't see me saying we are done. Your right about being touchy too, just Cartsie hit a nerve today and it is pissing me off.
LOL

As far as nerves go, the only thing I fear for Game 2 is that they play lights out on offense but completely take a dump on the ice on defense and Bob has a bad game losing 5-4 or something.

I just wish they would stop being flashy and just get in front of the net and shoot the puck... Miller can't stop them all when there are plenty of bodies in front of him.

Old
04-15-2011, 02:50 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
LOL

As far as nerves go, the only thing I fear for Game 2 is that they play lights out on offense but completely take a dump on the ice on defense and Bob has a bad game losing 5-4 or something.

I just wish they would stop being flashy and just get in front of the net and shoot the puck... Miller can't stop them all when there are plenty of bodies in front of him.
Biggest thing I noticed last night was that Harts and JC tried a few times , but were just a fraction of a sceond late and Miller had full view of the shot. And don't try and beat him clean, shoot low and look for garbage. The way he sets up positionally is insanely good.

Old
04-15-2011, 02:53 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
ouch..you had to say it....I was concerned about the same thing. It seems of late the games go from one extreme to the next. Both teams are actually looking for more offense next game so we shall see.

I still think Lavy made the best comment about it not being enough to be satisfied with the process in the playoffs since the results are all that matters. He said you can get away with it in the reg season or take solace in it especially if you gain a point in OT but obviously that is not the case now...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:54 PM
El Emperor

Quote:
Biggest thing I noticed last night was that Harts and JC tried a few times , but were just a fraction of a sceond late and Miller had full view of the shot. And don't try and beat him clean, shoot low and look for garbage. The way he sets up positionally is insanely good.
Only wish he set up and stopped Crosby's shot in the olympics... sigh...

Old
04-15-2011, 02:57 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Only wish he set up and stopped Crosby's shot in the olympics... sigh...
Imagine me, excited as ****, and then oh man, that little puke had to be the one to score after being invisible

Old
04-15-2011, 03:04 PM
El Emperor

Quote:
Imagine me, excited as ****, and then oh man, that little puke had to be the one to score after being invisible
Yeah... pretty much the whole game they were praising players like Toews and Richards and whatnot, then for "him" to end up scoring like that was like...

...really? honestly? seriously? WTF?

It had to be... him? Really? No one else?

Then for all the so-called "American" Penguins fans to come into work the next day and brag about it was the biggest punch to the face. Just disgusting and infuriating!

Old
04-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:

This team can overcome losing game one to the Sabres but they are a long way off in their play from being a Cup contender. The approach has to be one game at a time, but what folks seem to be missing is the best players on this team in the regular season HAVE to be the players who contribute in the post season or else chances of this team winning are slim.

Old
04-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Which could be contributed to not playing at a higher level to close out the season, riding into the playoffs with more confidence and urgency. This is about preparation, this is about being mentally ready to go into the playoffs and be in synch as a group instead of sleepwalking into the playoffs and thinking they can flip the switch.

If this team had played defense like they did last night as a team over the last month I would expect that a lot of the timing and confidence would be a non-issue, just a thought.

Old
04-15-2011, 03:16 PM
ShotScore*

Quote:
Originally Posted by murp0837
A little more than this...

G A Pts. +/- Facoffs W/L Faceoffs % TOI
0 0 0 0 0/5 00.0 18:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan333
No one is quitting on this team but just keeping things realistic here.

OK let's talk reality. This is reality..

We have to win 4 out of the next 6.

The PP is 5 out of the last 41 not including last night.

Buffalo was dominated in terms of overall play and still won the game.

We were shutout in our own building by a team that has yet to play anywhere near it's best.

Pronger missed last night, is not going to play in game 2, and may be out for the whole series.

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:31 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
A little more than this...

G A Pts. +/- Facoffs W/L Faceoffs % TOI
0 0 0 0 0/5 00.0 18:05

OK let's talk reality. This is reality..

We have to win 4 out of the next 6.

The PP is 5 out of the last 41 not including last night.

Buffalo was dominated in terms of overall play and still won the game.

We were shutout in our own building by a team that has yet to play anywhere near it's best.

Pronger missed last night, is not going to play in game 2, and may be out for the whole series.

Hater!

Yeah just saw the Pronger news...OD is probably like hey man you recruited me and now you're not even playing...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Fenza
G-Rouxnit

I'm not saying the shutout loss was good for the team, but it could give us a little extra motivation for game 2. Maybe someone, somewhere in the orange and black will be able to beat Miller early to get the crowd going early and often. At least we know we played a great game last night.

Fenza is offline   Reply With Quote