HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

vCash: 500
Family pack includes a soda, decent size tube of popcorn and hot dog and a coupon for a free cone at UDF (may have to use that before you leave town, I doubt a UDF in NY will honor it) You'll be tripping over bars once you leave the arena from the east exit

Old
04-08-2011, 07:19 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
Family pack includes a soda, decent size tube of popcorn and hot dog and a coupon for a free cone at UDF (may have to use that before you leave town, I doubt a UDF in NY will honor it) You'll be tripping over bars once you leave the arena from the east exit
Thanks for the information.I was perusing your team site and I absolutely LOVE that you can pick what seats you buy, that really is awesome and I wish Buffalo would adopt that.And I also noticed that the seats I got are more expensive if you don't get them with the family pack, I found that odd (not complaining )

Old
04-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
Sabres fan coming in peace.Me and my two friends (1 male, 1 female) will be coming down tomorrow for the game.We'll be in section 201, and don't worry we're not obnoxious (we prefer to drink after the game, where we won't have to spend 8$ on a beer).

I just have a few questions, the tickets we got are some Dispatch Family Pack?What does that include?

And also, what restaurants/bars are good to visit before/after the game?We are all 21ish, so somewhere that would fit our age group.

Thanks in advance.
Me and my friends (5 guys, 2 girls.....all but 1 are 21) will be at the Rbar. We're all from Cleveland....3 of us CBJ fans....then 4 of my college friends from Buffalo...come say hi. I'll be wearing a Brassard home jersey

Old
04-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Plenty of seats available, why not have the fans pick out the exact one? The team also runs promos like the one you took advantage of all the time, part of the reason why some season ticket holder and pissed at the team. In any regard, have fun and hopefully the Sabres clinch tonight against the Flyers

Old
04-08-2011, 08:10 PM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliemon89 View Post
(5 guys, 2 girls.....all but 1 are 21)
the R is a 21+ bar and they card at the door. So get your sneak on, leave the kid outside and sternly tell them to "Grow up!", or make other arrangements.

Old
04-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
the R is a 21+ bar and they card at the door. So get your sneak on, leave the kid outside and sternly tell them to "Grow up!", or make other arrangements.
He's good - he's got a fake

Old
04-09-2011, 10:47 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

You guys have a great fanbase, all the arena staff was courteous and better then ours in Buffalo. I loved the bar stands, we don't have them here and they were great! I loved seeing the whole NHL banners, and the MC was actually pretty funny in a certain kind of way, you guys are definitely my favorite team
In then west now.

I was trying to find willcall and a CBJ staff came up to my in my Red Vanek jersey and directed me willcall, you guys have an amazing arena, and kudos to your organization for giving out team yearbooks for free.

Old
04-11-2011, 11:53 AM
BJFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
You guys have a great fanbase, all the arena staff was courteous and better then ours in Buffalo. I loved the bar stands, we don't have them here and they were great! I loved seeing the whole NHL banners, and the MC was actually pretty funny in a certain kind of way, you guys are definitely my favorite team
In then west now.

I was trying to find willcall and a CBJ staff came up to my in my Red Vanek jersey and directed me willcall, you guys have an amazing arena, and kudos to your organization for giving out team yearbooks for free.
Glad you had a good time at the game and in Columbus! I have always thought that myself, the arena staff and organization as a whole are a class act... just need the team to perform better and we'll be good!

Old
04-15-2011, 08:47 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

O'Shaughnessy's is closed.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...b.html?sid=101

04-15-2011, 09:12 PM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post

C'mon Boomer's Barbecue!!!!!

*fingers crossed*

Old
04-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
I'm going to miss getting a table with those crappy stools that weren't designed to hold anyone taller then 5'6.

04-15-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Didn't dislike this place, but some of my friends loved it. I have no idea why. Would rather go to a couple other places downtown. So, selfishly, this is good news, but it's pretty unfortunate. It was a nice place, just not really my thing.

Old
04-17-2011, 12:08 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

I got to be friends with a good deal of the staff there, they really, truly deserved better.

Old
04-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
I went there before the last home game I attended.

The kiss of death?

Old
04-18-2011, 03:32 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
I got to be friends with a good deal of the staff there, they really, truly deserved better.
Started going there back in 2000, had many good times tipping a pint before and after games.. Too bad it's non hockey night business wasn't better..

Old
04-18-2011, 07:54 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Bottom line, terrible food. Decent watering hole, but the food was awful.

Their signature dish fish-and-chips? Go down the street to Bar Louie. Way better fish-and-chips in my opinion, and way better drink deals.

Old
04-18-2011, 09:39 AM
blahblah

When did the food turn "aweful"? Last time I ate their 4 years ago, it was ok. All fish-n-chips is "aweful" in the midwest to be honest. Not that I eat fish-n-chips anymore. Based on the fact I just saw Bar Louie come up as "way better", that's a pretty low bar.

For the normal chain crap that central ohio loves to feed us, it was a lot better the TGI fridays and all that other crap. It's not like our area is renowned for good local cooking. That family style Italian place down there isn't very good, even if it's edible. There's a couple of "good" places around here, but for the most part central ohio is a barren wasteland for good restaurants (or a food desert as a certain first lady likes to call it). Heck even Skyline has even degraded from their modest bar they set for bad chili on spaghetti that somehow tasted decent when it came out for $6.

Old
04-18-2011, 11:14 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
When did the food turn "aweful"? Last time I ate their 4 years ago, it was ok. All fish-n-chips is "aweful" in the midwest to be honest. Not that I eat fish-n-chips anymore. Based on the fact I just saw Bar Louie come up as "way better", that's a pretty low bar.

For the normal chain crap that central ohio loves to feed us, it was a lot better the TGI fridays and all that other crap. It's not like our area is renowned for good local cooking. That family style Italian place down there isn't very good, even if it's edible. There's a couple of "good" places around here, but for the most part central ohio is a barren wasteland for good restaurants (or a food desert as a certain first lady likes to call it). Heck even Skyline has even degraded from their modest bar they set for bad chili on spaghetti that somehow tasted decent when it came out for $6.
Don't agree, at all, with your evaluation of Columbus as a food town. There are a number of first class places to get all kinds of ethnic food, as well as quite a few top-shelf, high end joints. Chains are crap, wherever you go. Skyline "tasted decent?" Sorry, you're disqualified from any further dining criticism!

Old
04-18-2011, 11:32 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Don't agree, at all, with your evaluation of Columbus as a food town. There are a number of first class places to get all kinds of ethnic food, as well as quite a few top-shelf, high end joints. Chains are crap, wherever you go. Skyline "tasted decent?" Sorry, you're disqualified from any further dining criticism!
haha. thought the same thing. the whole cincinnati concept of chili boggles my mind.

I gotta agree with Pete. There's some good food in this town at pretty much any price range. We never feel like we don't have a good choice for any kind of food whenever we're out.

Old
04-18-2011, 12:22 PM
blahblah

Quote:
I did mention it was a low bar. I guess you missed that part. Having said that, Skyline has been a favorite of people in the technical field from the early 1990's. It's no where near as good as it was in the late 90's or early 00's. It is what it is. I wasn't using it as some shining example of good food, which was quite obvious when I said it.

Having said that, what "ethnic" places are you referring to? The Indian restaurants have went down hill over the last 10 years. That little Korean place on Bethel is ok. Despite it's reputation, I've never been impressed by Schmidt's (however you spell it. I eat at Yanni's and Anna's on a regular basis and they are supposed to be the better Greek restaurants in Columbus. I'm not impressed. You gonna tell me that Old Bag is "good"? There used to be a little Italian place over by Rickenbacker (however you spell it), that had homemade noodles that was ok. But I'd be surprised that if it's there, it's still decent.

The East Coast destroys us on Italian and Seafood. Not even close.

I eat a very large range of food from different parts of the world. I haven't tasted a good Chinese restaurant in Columbus in years.

Step it up and tell me what these places, I would love to know. I would love to get good food in Columbus. That place that I think RJ (it was a Jacket) loves is crap, that Italian place (there is one on Polaris).

Seriously if there are hidden gems, let me know. The snide crap on Skyline doesn't prove your point on anything. It's better then most of the other fast food out there. I only go there for a salad now, when I don't have time to head over to Kroger or Whole Foods for a salad.

Abalo's (spelling) over at East wasn't terrible Mexican, although good Mexican in Columbus isn't easy to find. I've been eating crappy Mexican for years with friends. Got spoiled with some stuff down in Texas about 10 years back.

At least our food is better then what's in London. I've found that people settle for average food in Columbus and call it good because it's better then the bland crap they make at home.

Please I'm begging you. Let me know where these places are. My own family thinks the fish-n-chips at the movie tavern is good, for goodness sakes.

Old
04-18-2011, 12:30 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
haha. thought the same thing. the whole cincinnati concept of chili boggles my mind.
It's called decent tasting cheese (for processed cheese that is). The chili itself isn't very good. What's boggling is when people try and eat the chili by itself. It's hard to ruin spaghetti, onions, and beans to be honest. Load it up with Cheese and hot sauce and you really can't taste the chili to be honest.

It's not like half the food people eat they don't load up with condiments already. Can't tell you how many people I've seen ruin a good steak with A-1. Condiments are to cover-up the taste of sub-par food.

I wouldn't serve their hot dogs to a rat.

Old
04-18-2011, 12:34 PM
blahblah

Quote:
On a side note I do know of a couple "top shelf" places that pretend they are worth $75 a plate. It would be considered fast food in a real fine dining restaurant.

Old
04-18-2011, 12:40 PM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Chinese = Little Dragon's at Karl and Morse. Awesome.

Old
04-18-2011, 12:47 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
Chinese = Little Dragon's at Karl and Morse. Awesome.
Wow, I wouldn't think anything at Karl and Morse would be awesome. I will try it. During the day... :p Thanks. MSG loaded?

Old
04-18-2011, 01:01 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

I know your disdain for chains, but Tai's Asian Bistro on Lane Ave kicks all kinds of ass.

For italian that's not at a chain, i like Ann and Tony's out in west jefferson. For sentimental reasons, I still love the Florentine. Both are kind of homey and won't win any appearance awards, but the food is generally pretty damn good.

Closed Thread