HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

ECQF #2 - 04.15.2011 | New York Rangers @ Washington Capitals | 7:30 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2011, 09:18 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
And, unfortunately, it comes from posters who only seem to show up during game threads to crap on the team when they're losing. A team that's over-achieved all year, is now the worst team to ever be put together in sports after two hard-fought losses on the road in the playoffs. And, yes, shockingly a team without elite goal-scoring save for one player is going to struggle for goals in the playoffs...did not see that one coming.
You have that, and then you have the "we're rebuilding, give this team 2 years" Something I have heard since the lock out.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
Remember that he isn't going anywhere.

So we are stuck with this crappy product as long as he continues to light more cigars.
Doesn't mean I can't make my dislike public. And I will.

I tweeted Zipay the other day that Sather has to go. He tweets backback: "mid re-build?"

Mid-rebuild? So it's a 25-year plan? He tweets back: "good point"

Last edited by Blueshirt Special: 04-15-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: mid
Old
04-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Ranger109

I wanted a good weekend. My grandmother fell and broke both hips and 10 ribs in the Bahamas. My uncle flew back with her to NYC today, she is 86. All I wanted was a simple win, just to ****ing make me feel better. Thats it. I ****ing hate life.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:20 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

win lose or draw chubbby cheeks budreau better be wearing a beer byt eh end of the game on sunday...boyle shouldve cracked the fat skank

Old
04-15-2011, 09:22 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Doesn't mean I can't make my dislike public. And I will.

I tweeted Zipay the other day that Sather has to go. He tweets backback: "mid re-build?"

Mid-rebuild? So it's a 25-year plan? He tweets back: "good point"
You can make your feelings public, that's fine.

It's just a waste of energy when it falls on deaf ears, but to each his own.

hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger109 View Post
I wanted a good weekend. My grandmother fell and broke both hips and 10 ribs in the Bahamas. My uncle flew back with her to NYC today, she is 86. All I wanted was a simple win, just to ****ing make me feel better. Thats it. I ****ing hate life.
Stay strong man. Sorry to hear.

Old
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
You have that, and then you have the "we're rebuilding, give this team 2 years" Something I have heard since the lock out.
Unfortunately, whiffing on the 2003 draft, and and having one player to show for six picks in 2004, (originally seven going into it, and fortunately pulling a player out of their ass in the 4th round) has a lot to do with why we're standing where we are today. But, I'm sure you knew that.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:23 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

over under 30 secs for torts post game?

Old
04-15-2011, 09:24 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Unfortunately, whiffing on the 2003 draft, and and having one player to show for six picks in 2004, (originally seven going into it, and fortunately pulling a player out of their ass in the 4th round) has a lot to do with why we're standing where we are today. But, I'm sure you knew that.
And that comes from incompetent management that has only recently started to get themselves together. Personally I think it shouldn't make up for putting this franchise back for years.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:24 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
And, unfortunately, it comes from posters who only seem to show up during game threads to crap on the team when they're losing. A team that's over-achieved all year, is now the worst team to ever be put together in sports after two hard-fought losses on the road in the playoffs. And, yes, shockingly a team without elite goal-scoring save for one player is going to struggle for goals in the playoffs...did not see that one coming.
I think game 1 was a hard fought loss. To me, game 1 and game 2 were very different. To be honest, I would have to say that Washington has something to do with it; after all, there are two teams on the ice.

One thing I find hard to deal with is how things drift in a Game Thread. A GDT should be open to everything about that game. So often with supporters and fans of the Rangers, frustration spills out.
Myself, I like to keep it to the current game, which is what the GDT is for .

That is why, tonight, I felt so comfortable stating that the Rangers were not very good. They were not good TONIGHT. They could be really good back at MSG for Game 3.

It's a Game Day Thread. About the game today, in which the Rangers were not very good.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:25 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
And that comes from incompetent management that has only recently started to get themselves together. Personally I think it shouldn't make up for putting this franchise back for years.
No argument, but, anyone thinking Sather is going anywhere is deluding themselves.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Not going to bad-mouth this Rangers team. They keep trying, as does Torts.

This Caps team is serious business. EVERYONE is going to have trouble with them short of a goal-tender implosion.

We are what we are.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Ranger109

Quote:
Stay strong man. Sorry to hear.
Thanks brother, I'll be visiting her on Sunday. Coming home to watch a RANGER WIN!

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger109 View Post
Thanks brother, I'll be visiting her on Sunday. Coming home to watch a RANGER WIN!
It might be best if you just don't come home

Old
EEL

Quote:
No not the team just Dubi, it seemed like he wasn't engaged and that puzzles me.
Please don't be so sensitive, this isn't about you.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Seven years of missing the playoffs and nothing to show for it.

Imagine if we didnt just luck out with Hank?!!

Old
04-15-2011, 09:27 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
over under 30 secs for torts post game?
Definitely under. If I had to say, I'd go between 20 and 30 seconds.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:30 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

What's the point of making the playoffs when you get swept.

I would rather be the Devils, Isles, or Oilers right about now.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:31 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Definitely under. If I had to say, I'd go between 20 and 30 seconds.
And the sad part is it was luck. Even the scouts being interviewed admit it. They saw "promise" in Hank.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:33 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Torts actually giving answers. Pretty shocked at this.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:34 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I think game 1 was a hard fought loss. To me, game 1 and game 2 were very different. To be honest, I would have to say that Washington has something to do with it; after all, there are two teams on the ice.

One thing I find hard to deal with is how things drift in a Game Thread. A GDT should be open to everything about that game. So often with supporters and fans of the Rangers, frustration spills out.
Myself, I like to keep it to the current game, which is what the GDT is for .

That is why, tonight, I felt so comfortable stating that the Rangers were not very good. They were not good TONIGHT. They could be really good back at MSG for Game 3.

It's a Game Day Thread. About the game today, in which the Rangers were not very good.
And, that is the crux of the whole matter. The 8th place team is losing to the 1st place team after two games in the 1st place team's building. This just might have something to do Washington being a better all around team. Name the best offensive players in this series, and Washington has dibs on at least the first three, possibly, considering how off Gaborik's game is. Maybe, we're just witnessing a perennially good young team have learned it's lessons about what it takes to win a Cup. Nah, it's all because the Rangers suck.

And, I disagree about tonight's game. The Rangers played well in the 1st period, but, did not seal the deal on the scoreboard. the Caps responded, and player like an #1 overall team at home should. Laich treats Gilroy like a rag doll, and then McDonagh gets called for a questionable penalty, and the Caps get a fortuitous bounce. It's what it is.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Use the PGT.

Closed Thread