HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

ECQF #2 - 04.15.2011 | New York Rangers @ Washington Capitals | 7:30 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2011, 09:18 PM
  #1051
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
And, unfortunately, it comes from posters who only seem to show up during game threads to crap on the team when they're losing. A team that's over-achieved all year, is now the worst team to ever be put together in sports after two hard-fought losses on the road in the playoffs. And, yes, shockingly a team without elite goal-scoring save for one player is going to struggle for goals in the playoffs...did not see that one coming.
You have that, and then you have the "we're rebuilding, give this team 2 years" Something I have heard since the lock out.

hpNYR is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:18 PM
  #1052
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
Remember that he isn't going anywhere.

So we are stuck with this crappy product as long as he continues to light more cigars.
Doesn't mean I can't make my dislike public. And I will.

I tweeted Zipay the other day that Sather has to go. He tweets backback: "mid re-build?"

Mid-rebuild? So it's a 25-year plan? He tweets back: "good point"

__________________
Sather has...no clue

Last edited by Blueshirt Special: 04-15-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: mid
Blueshirt Special is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:20 PM
  #1053
Ranger109
Registered User
 
Ranger109's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
I wanted a good weekend. My grandmother fell and broke both hips and 10 ribs in the Bahamas. My uncle flew back with her to NYC today, she is 86. All I wanted was a simple win, just to ****ing make me feel better. Thats it. I ****ing hate life.

Ranger109 is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:20 PM
  #1054
GeorgeHamiltonsTan
Registered User
 
GeorgeHamiltonsTan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,229
vCash: 500
win lose or draw chubbby cheeks budreau better be wearing a beer byt eh end of the game on sunday...boyle shouldve cracked the fat skank

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:22 PM
  #1055
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 11,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Doesn't mean I can't make my dislike public. And I will.

I tweeted Zipay the other day that Sather has to go. He tweets backback: "mid re-build?"

Mid-rebuild? So it's a 25-year plan? He tweets back: "good point"
You can make your feelings public, that's fine.

It's just a waste of energy when it falls on deaf ears, but to each his own.

__________________
New York RKY is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:22 PM
  #1056
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger109 View Post
I wanted a good weekend. My grandmother fell and broke both hips and 10 ribs in the Bahamas. My uncle flew back with her to NYC today, she is 86. All I wanted was a simple win, just to ****ing make me feel better. Thats it. I ****ing hate life.
Stay strong man. Sorry to hear.

hpNYR is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:22 PM
  #1057
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
You have that, and then you have the "we're rebuilding, give this team 2 years" Something I have heard since the lock out.
Unfortunately, whiffing on the 2003 draft, and and having one player to show for six picks in 2004, (originally seven going into it, and fortunately pulling a player out of their ass in the 4th round) has a lot to do with why we're standing where we are today. But, I'm sure you knew that.

jas is online now  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:23 PM
  #1058
GeorgeHamiltonsTan
Registered User
 
GeorgeHamiltonsTan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,229
vCash: 500
over under 30 secs for torts post game?

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:24 PM
  #1059
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Unfortunately, whiffing on the 2003 draft, and and having one player to show for six picks in 2004, (originally seven going into it, and fortunately pulling a player out of their ass in the 4th round) has a lot to do with why we're standing where we are today. But, I'm sure you knew that.
And that comes from incompetent management that has only recently started to get themselves together. Personally I think it shouldn't make up for putting this franchise back for years.

hpNYR is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:24 PM
  #1060
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 11,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
And, unfortunately, it comes from posters who only seem to show up during game threads to crap on the team when they're losing. A team that's over-achieved all year, is now the worst team to ever be put together in sports after two hard-fought losses on the road in the playoffs. And, yes, shockingly a team without elite goal-scoring save for one player is going to struggle for goals in the playoffs...did not see that one coming.
I think game 1 was a hard fought loss. To me, game 1 and game 2 were very different. To be honest, I would have to say that Washington has something to do with it; after all, there are two teams on the ice.

One thing I find hard to deal with is how things drift in a Game Thread. A GDT should be open to everything about that game. So often with supporters and fans of the Rangers, frustration spills out.
Myself, I like to keep it to the current game, which is what the GDT is for .

That is why, tonight, I felt so comfortable stating that the Rangers were not very good. They were not good TONIGHT. They could be really good back at MSG for Game 3.

It's a Game Day Thread. About the game today, in which the Rangers were not very good.

trilobyte is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:25 PM
  #1061
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
And that comes from incompetent management that has only recently started to get themselves together. Personally I think it shouldn't make up for putting this franchise back for years.
No argument, but, anyone thinking Sather is going anywhere is deluding themselves.

jas is online now  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:25 PM
  #1062
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,917
vCash: 500
Not going to bad-mouth this Rangers team. They keep trying, as does Torts.

This Caps team is serious business. EVERYONE is going to have trouble with them short of a goal-tender implosion.

We are what we are.

Blueshirt Special is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:26 PM
  #1063
Ranger109
Registered User
 
Ranger109's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Stay strong man. Sorry to hear.
Thanks brother, I'll be visiting her on Sunday. Coming home to watch a RANGER WIN!

Ranger109 is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:26 PM
  #1064
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 11,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger109 View Post
Thanks brother, I'll be visiting her on Sunday. Coming home to watch a RANGER WIN!
It might be best if you just don't come home

New York RKY is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:26 PM
  #1065
EEL
Registered User
 
EEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HHI
Country: United States
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
And, unfortunately, it comes from posters who only seem to show up during game threads to crap on the team when they're losing. A team that's over-achieved all year, is now the worst team to ever be put together in sports after two hard-fought losses on the road in the playoffs. And, yes, shockingly a team without elite goal-scoring save for one player is going to struggle for goals in the playoffs...did not see that one coming.
No not the team just Dubi, it seemed like he wasn't engaged and that puzzles me.
Please don't be so sensitive, this isn't about you.

EEL is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:27 PM
  #1066
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
And that comes from incompetent management that has only recently started to get themselves together. Personally I think it shouldn't make up for putting this franchise back for years.
Seven years of missing the playoffs and nothing to show for it.

Imagine if we didnt just luck out with Hank?!!

Blueshirt Special is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:27 PM
  #1067
NYRFAN218
Brass God
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
over under 30 secs for torts post game?
Definitely under. If I had to say, I'd go between 20 and 30 seconds.

NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:30 PM
  #1068
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 11,982
vCash: 500
What's the point of making the playoffs when you get swept.

I would rather be the Devils, Isles, or Oilers right about now.

New York RKY is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:31 PM
  #1069
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Definitely under. If I had to say, I'd go between 20 and 30 seconds.
And the sad part is it was luck. Even the scouts being interviewed admit it. They saw "promise" in Hank.

hpNYR is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:33 PM
  #1070
NYRFAN218
Brass God
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
Torts actually giving answers. Pretty shocked at this.

NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:34 PM
  #1071
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I think game 1 was a hard fought loss. To me, game 1 and game 2 were very different. To be honest, I would have to say that Washington has something to do with it; after all, there are two teams on the ice.

One thing I find hard to deal with is how things drift in a Game Thread. A GDT should be open to everything about that game. So often with supporters and fans of the Rangers, frustration spills out.
Myself, I like to keep it to the current game, which is what the GDT is for .

That is why, tonight, I felt so comfortable stating that the Rangers were not very good. They were not good TONIGHT. They could be really good back at MSG for Game 3.

It's a Game Day Thread. About the game today, in which the Rangers were not very good.
And, that is the crux of the whole matter. The 8th place team is losing to the 1st place team after two games in the 1st place team's building. This just might have something to do Washington being a better all around team. Name the best offensive players in this series, and Washington has dibs on at least the first three, possibly, considering how off Gaborik's game is. Maybe, we're just witnessing a perennially good young team have learned it's lessons about what it takes to win a Cup. Nah, it's all because the Rangers suck.

And, I disagree about tonight's game. The Rangers played well in the 1st period, but, did not seal the deal on the scoreboard. the Caps responded, and player like an #1 overall team at home should. Laich treats Gilroy like a rag doll, and then McDonagh gets called for a questionable penalty, and the Caps get a fortuitous bounce. It's what it is.

jas is online now  
Old
04-15-2011, 09:35 PM
  #1072
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 15,803
vCash: 500
Use the PGT.

Trxjw is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.