HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Someone call 911! Price just robbed game 1.

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Gary320

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Their edge and what has always been the Bruins' personality is their intimidation. If they don't use it and Julien seems to get them to play a more passive system, they might as well call them the another name with a different jersey. They may be a flawed team but when you have guys like Lucic and Chara, you play to their strength and go all the way. Like if you have guys like Plekanec and Gomez, Martin smartly use their skills to create a sound trapping/counterstrike system. I think Julien is neutering his team too much.
He is. 100%.

At the same time, I think the whole walk away from any post-whistles works tremendously in the favor of the Canadiens, because Bruins have to be disciplined or else, they go to the box.

So I think it's a tough situation if your Julien. However, I do expect him to let his dogs loose tomorrow.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Rutabaga

Maybe its not strictly about the system, then.

Chara and Lucic are huge, of course, but is the rest of their core able to play the same way ?

Edit : Well, Forsead sees it.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Gary320

I must say, I think the Philadelphia Flyers are a far better version of what the media thinks the Bruins are.

However, the Flyers.. are also what the Flyers are supposed to be.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol i would of voted for him just cuz i like the way he presents himself, how he talks, seems like a decent person, compared to ignatieff and harper who keep trying to confuse us with ********,

but this pic definately helps my vote for layton , harper is a sens fan anyway, and ignatieff doesnt know what hockey is
Harper is a Flames and Leafs fan.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
Maybe its not strictly about the system, then.

Chara and Lucic are huge, of course, but is the rest of their core able to play the same way ?

Edit : Well, Forsead sees it.
Thanks, also a problem with their team is that even if they aren't that big up front they aren't speedy, which make them easier to play against, their defensemens also lack mobility(So do us, but we have alot of speed up front and our D aren't always looking for big hits).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I must say, I think the Philadelphia Flyers are a far better version of what the media thinks the Bruins are.

However, the Flyers.. are also what the Flyers are supposed to be.
You couldn't be more right on this, Flyers are really big, strong mean and have alot of physical players, plus depth and skills.

ALso I want to add that another team that is very impressive on the physical department is Anaheim.

Last edited by Forsead: 04-15-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old
04-15-2011, 10:04 PM
macavoy

there is some pretty good debate goin on in this thread compared to the usual over hyped emotion ranting that takes place after games.

kinda proud of ya'll for being level headed and not so bi-polar

Old
04-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
there is some pretty good debate goin on in this thread compared to the usual over hyped emotion ranting that takes place after games.

kinda proud of ya'll for being level headed and not so bi-polar
yup, i'm really impressed with the composure of our fans these last few days. Wait until we lose!

Old
04-15-2011, 10:43 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
yup, i'm really impressed with the composure of our fans these last few days. Wait until we lose!
What are you talking about, we are going to win 16 in a row for #25

Old
04-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Analysis aside, it was a great game to watch and nothing would give me more pleasure than to watch us sweep this series. This one more than any other in recent memory is personal and I hope we wipe the floor with these guys.
Amen. After seeing some of their fans reaction to the Chara hit, I'm really hoping for that to be the case too. Preferably with a couple of blowouts in game 3 and 4 too. I want to see them rage and cry like they always do.

I can't remember the last time the habs swept another team. 93 ? We're due.

Old
04-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Amen. After seeing some of their fans reaction to the Chara hit, I'm really hoping for that to be the case too. Preferably with a couple of blowouts in game 3 and 4 too. I want to see them rage and cry like they always do.
After arguing on their boards, there's nothing I want more than for us to sweep them, just to shut them up. I've never seen a team and a fan base whine sooooooooooooooooooo ****ing much. Everyone is a diver, faker, classless, cheap shot artist and the worst part is that they believe it.

I'm still reading comments from them that the refs are on the Habs side every game despite us being the most penalized team and the team with the fewest powerplays drawn.

Old
04-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Andy

Quote:
What are you talking about, we are going to win 16 in a row for #25
That makes me wonder what the record is for the fewest losses in a cup run is.

Old
04-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
After arguing on their boards, there's nothing I want more than for us to sweep them, just to shut them up. I've never seen a team and a fan base whine sooooooooooooooooooo ****ing much. Everyone is a diver, faker, classless, cheap shot artist and the worst part is that they believe it.

I'm still reading comments from them that the refs are on the Habs side every game despite us being the most penalized team and the team with the fewest powerplays drawn.
Well, I guess they just have to make excuses because the truth is too hard to face.

Quote:
That makes me wonder what the record is for the fewest losses in a cup run is.
I'd like to know this as well.

In 93 the habs prolly came close, they won 4-2, 4-0, 4-1, 4-1.

EDIT:

With the 4 rounds format... and 16 wins required to win the cup... here's what I've been able to find

1992-93 Montreal Canadiens (16-4-0)
1994-95 New Jersey Devils (16-4-0)
1996-97 Detroit Red Wings (16-4-0)

Last edited by Des Louise: 04-15-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old
04-15-2011, 10:59 PM
macavoy

Quote:
I kinda disagree, we are far bigger whiners. Look at the PK subban / Krechji threads, our thread is 3 times the size of there's.

Think about how much whining happened here after Patches.

Old
04-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
I kinda disagree, we are far bigger whiners. Look at the PK subban / Krechji threads, our thread is 3 times the size of there's.

lol seriously? i know your kind of a joke around here, but is this serious?

bruins fans whining about pk

and hab fans "whining" about injustice done to pacioretty are

PRETTY DIFFERENT things, buddy

Old
04-15-2011, 11:11 PM
macavoy

Quote:
lol seriously? i know your kind of a joke around here, but is this serious?

bruins fans whining about pk

and hab fans "whining" about injustice done to pacioretty are

PRETTY DIFFERENT things, buddy
I agree they are very different but whining is whining.

Old
04-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Their edge and what has always been the Bruins' personality is their intimidation. If they don't use it and Julien seems to get them to play a more passive system, they might as well call them the another name with a different jersey. They may be a flawed team but when you have guys like Lucic and Chara, you play to their strength and go all the way. Like if you have guys like Plekanec and Gomez, Martin smartly use their skills to create a sound trapping/counterstrike system. I think Julien is neutering his team too much.
Their 'intimidation' edge has won them 5 cups in 86 seasons

No need to become cocky here... but the B's are beatable.

The Habs were good, but not at their best either...

AKost
Cammy
Subban
Wiz
Pleks
even Darche

all have goals waiting on their sticks for game 2

Old
04-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:

Because our fanbase is three times bigger than theirs, and because we let people engage in discussion on our boards.

And seriously, you want to qualify the Pacioretty-Chara controversy as ''whining'' ? Most of the things hockey fans complain about are blown out of proportion, but in this situation it was entirely justified.

Old
04-15-2011, 11:21 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post

No need to become cocky here... but the B's are beatable.

The Habs were good, but not at their best either...

AKost
Cammy
Subban
Wiz
Pleks
even Darche

all have goals waiting on their sticks for game 2
I made the mistake of listening to that radio challenge after everyone was laughing about the Boston idiot announcers. The Boston guys said they love their power forwards, Marinaro challenged with he liked winners size didn't matter. Last night Gomez completely stripped their power forward of the puck and set up the insurance goal.

Old
04-15-2011, 11:54 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I know who I'm voting for

I was there at the bell center cage. He didnt even stay for the whole game.

Old
04-15-2011, 11:59 PM
holyhabs87

Quote:

i am not impressed by this post

Old
04-16-2011, 12:49 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Let me say this I haven't watched the Bruins more than 15 games maybe, but when they play a safe Julien system they are barely better than the Habs and the difference between the teams' points this year between the two teams shows that. But when they play with edge and agressivity, that's when they can be dangerous.

That's the big advantage they have over the Habs. If they don't use that card, the Habs can defeat them easily. And last game they did not use that intimidation. In fact in all the years i've watched the Bruins against the Habs in the playoffs, i've never seen them came out so flat on the first shift. Even in the early 90s when they were less gritty, it was wave of wave of forechecking assault on the Habs' D and you knew when you were going to the Garden you would have a rough night(if not with fists, at least it was gonna hurt). But last game it felt....easy.

You're confusing me with mixed messages.

You say if the Bruins play a safe game, they are still barely better than the Habs, butin the very next paragraph say the Habs could beat the safe Bruins easily.

Could you clarify this for me please? Except for intimidation, is Boston really a better team that will lose easily?

Old
04-16-2011, 12:52 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
The last two of which came with Phil Esposito and Bobby Orr dominating with their skill while Gerry Cheevers did a good job in the back.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:03 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
I was there at the bell center cage. He didnt even stay for the whole game.
lol PUH-LEASE

I went to a game 2 years ago, Montreal vs tampa Bay , and i was luckily in the red section

During the first period, my brother nudges me, and tells me "hey...i think theres someone important sitting next to us...like i cant put my finger on it u know?"

I lean over, and i IMMIDIATELY recognize the man, as Henri Richard himself, 4 seats away from me, and im like gasp...my god...its pocket rocket.. , i remember getting up to get something at the consession stand, and i REGRETABLY made mr. richard get up to let me through (to this day i wish i had never done it), so i went and when i got back, there was about 4 minutes left in the 2nd period, and i came to the isle, and , i took a breathe or 2, before going to the isle, and hoping i somehow get in, but when i got there, MR. Richard just looks at me, ..no words were exchanged, but i just saw it in his eyes "kid, i aint gettin up again.." and i remmber just, nodding, and slowly backing away, and waiting in the hallway like a moron till the 2nd ended lol, and when he got up and was walking in my direction, i made the move, and shook his hand and told him it was an honor

my POINT is, that game ended 2-2 and went into overtime, and koivu scored in overtime to win, and i remember JUMPING UP and looking for no one else but mr richard to give him a high five or something, but he was gone! soon as the 3rd ended he left, people got things to DO man, i dont expect layton to stay the WHOLE game!

Old
04-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Forsead

Quote:
lol PUH-LEASE

I went to a game 2 years ago, Montreal vs tampa Bay , and i was luckily in the red section

During the first period, my brother nudges me, and tells me "hey...i think theres someone important sitting next to us...like i cant put my finger on it u know?"

I lean over, and i IMMIDIATELY recognize the man, as Henri Richard himself, 4 seats away from me, and im like gasp...my god...its pocket rocket.. , i remember getting up to get something at the consession stand, and i REGRETABLY made mr. richard get up to let me through (to this day i wish i had never done it), so i went and when i got back, there was about 4 minutes left in the 2nd period, and i came to the isle, and , i took a breathe or 2, before going to the isle, and hoping i somehow get in, but when i got there, MR. Richard just looks at me, ..no words were exchanged, but i just saw it in his eyes "kid, i aint gettin up again.." and i remmber just, nodding, and slowly backing away, and waiting in the hallway like a moron till the 2nd ended lol, and when he got up and was walking in my direction, i made the move, and shook his hand and told him it was an honor

my POINT is, that game ended 2-2 and went into overtime, and koivu scored in overtime to win, and i remember JUMPING UP and looking for no one else but mr richard to give him a high five or something, but he was gone! soon as the 3rd ended he left, people got things to DO man, i dont expect layton to stay the WHOLE game!
Nice story !

But you're right, especially for politicians in electoral campaign that will perhaps need to get in the bus and drive into another place and perhaps getting up at 6 AM to go to reunion etc.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:57 AM
m00ks

Quote:
lol PUH-LEASE

I'll let this post slide because I know posts do not have any tone. That said I do not give a **** if Jack Layton is a Bruins fan, Habs fan, whether he's stayed for 5 min or 5 hours. I said what I said to point out the obvious that it was a publicity stunt. Nothing else.

Closed Thread