HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

POTG & GBR: ECQF Game 2 @ Washington Capitals

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: ECQF Game 2 @ Washington Capitals
Sean Avery 28 27.45%
Brian Boyle 2 1.96%
Ruslan Fedotenko 4 3.92%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 52 50.98%
Ryan McDonagh 1 0.98%
Brandon Prust 2 1.96%
Michael Sauer 1 0.98%
Marc Staal 3 2.94%
Derek Stepan 2 1.96%
Other 7 6.86%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-15-2011, 09:40 PM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Aces View Post
Yeah it has nothing to do with Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, etc.

Their top center is Backstrom. Ours is Eric Christensen...
Ya how about sitting Avery in the first game? As if there is better options. You cant say that is a smart coaching move. I give him credit in some areas but he is too much of a dictator. Play the best guys if u like them or not. Like i just said i want a shake up next game it not like it would make a difference either way. That means 2 guys forwards out and new in atleast. It awful, not even watchable.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:43 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Anyway it looks like these boards are going nuts.

I'm just glad we made the playoffs, see you all tomorrow.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:46 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Anyway it looks like these boards are going nuts.

I'm just glad we made the playoffs, see you all tomorrow.
But making the playoffs accomplishing absolutely nothing LOL.

How could you not rather have a really high pick compared to making the playoffs to be someone's 1st round doormat?

04-15-2011, 09:46 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Pathetic.

I hope to god I never have to watch Gilroy and/or Christiansen again. Same goes for Gabby though it won't happen...sickening.

Ps - Artie and Dubi, the playoffs have started...

04-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Oh, and I just want to officially voice my protest for the dismissal of the "Fire Sather" thread.

That is a valid topic that needs to be discussed publicly.

JMHO

04-15-2011, 09:48 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
But making the playoffs accomplishing absolutely nothing LOL.

How could you not rather have a really high pick compared to making the playoffs to be someone's 1st round doormat?
Because tanking is for ****ing terrible franchises and if we didn't make the PO's this season would've been for nothing.

On a roster full of rookies making the playoffs is a must.

I don't care for the "WELP WE SHOULD TANK FOR A FIRST OVERALL" argument so let's just end that there.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:49 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Because tanking is for ****ing terrible franchises and if we didn't make the PO's this season would've been for nothing.

I don't care for the "WELP WE SHOULD TANK FOR A FIRST OVERALL" argument so let's just end that there.
I'm not saying tanking.

I was saying I'd rather be awful and get the 1st pick then be a 1st Round doormat.

It accomplishes nothing.

EDIT: Not looking to get into an argument, just posing a question.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Wolfy

Zucc back in the next game and play him a lot, we need some creative play and get pucks to the net.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:

People don't understand how crucial a winning environment/atmosphere is for a franchise and it's players. Just ask Detroit. Their youth are born to win.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
This game sucked. Watching the TSN feed and all I heard was how Washington was playing so good and it was a team committment etc etc. Who gives a ****?? It doesn't matter how they played because we played like ****. An AHL team would have beaten us.

And I don't want to hear that this team can't play because they have no talent or whatever. We were playing awesome in the 1st. We were skating hard, shooting the puck, making crisp passes, and outplaying the Caps. Why the hell did we stop doing that??

Ridiculous with this team. We've shown that we can outplay them, so why can't we sustain it for any amount of time?

Also, Dubinsky has been disapointing. Avery played awesome and this is proof that he should have been in Game 1. I'd like to see Eminger in too.

So frustrating
I realize that I am guilty of judging the game from the 2nd period on. I missed the 1st period entirely. In the end, it did not really matter, I was right.

The Rangers were pushed off the puck so many times. It was being out-muscled and out-hustled. Really stupid for anyone to think that it is okay. It is not.

Don't try to tell me this was a Rangers kind of game. They looked mostly a step behind, and since it cannot be because of physical exhaustion, I think it is because they did not play hard enough.

Some players are invisible. Not sure why.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:51 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

Thank you. This team worked it ass off all year, and deserved the payoff of making the playoffs. And, after last year's draft, I don't concern myself with getting the highest draft pick anymore.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:52 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
I'm not saying tanking.

I was saying I'd rather be awful and get the 1st pick then be a 1st Round doormat.

It accomplishes nothing.
We're first round doormats because we lack a top line and another d-man who can eat time for Staal and Girardi.

I'd rather get THIS roster playoff experience and sign Richards and a veteran d-man then suck.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:53 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Just as an aside note, a team with the offensive talent of Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa and Keith has yet to score a goal through four periods of play.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:55 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
We're first round doormats because we lack a top line and another d-man who can eat time for Staal and Girardi.

I'd rather get THIS roster playoff experience and sign Richards and a veteran d-man then suck.
Alright I agree that that playoff experience is good.

Again not trying to get into an argument, but I also feel like if we had a bad team (not tanking) that we could build up like a PIT or DET and have sustained progress. Because we are constantly mediocre we lack a true top prospect in the system, and the cycle will continue to repeat itself.

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
People don't understand how crucial a winning environment/atmosphere is for a franchise and it's players. Just ask Detroit. Their youth are born to win.
Exactly. Losing to the Washington Capitals in the first round, no matter how annoying it is to us, shows these kids what the playoffs are about.

If we should tank because we're first round doormats, the Caps should feel HORRIBLE for never doing anything of note in the post-season. The Sharks, too.

I don't buy the doom and gloom because we've seen how bipolar this team can be. That is solved by EXPERIENCE.

Old
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Oh, and I just want to officially voice my protest for the dismissal of the "Fire Sather" thread.

That is a valid topic that needs to be discussed publicly.

JMHO
Because the one thing this place needs is more whinging and school yard insults....

Onto the game: Yeah the 2nd was terrible and the Rangers can't finish to save their lives but IMO it wasn't that bad. Both goals came in a 2 minute span, one after an iffy penalty call other than that they hung in with the best team in the east. the rangers had goals on their sticks, especially early in the first and late in the 3rd but good D, a bit of luck and some poor shooting meant they didn't go in. There's nothing that says those same chances wont go in in on Sunday and they find themselves back in the series.

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Just as an aside note, a team with the offensive talent of Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa and Keith has yet to score a goal through four periods of play.
Yeah but Luongo is better than Neuvirth though. Also the Canucks are a powerhouse this year better than the Caps.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:57 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Alright I agree that that playoff experience is good.

Again not trying to get into an argument, but I also feel like if we had a bad team (not tanking) that we could build up like a PIT or DET and have sustained progress. Because we are constantly mediocre we lack a true top prospect in the system, and the cycle will continue to repeat itself.
I agree that I wish we could have a true bluechipper in the system. But frankly i'm happier with making the playoffs than blowing, and I think the only way to solve this teams problems are through playoff experience and growing together because we ARE a young team.

The BIGGEST problem is that Hank isn't a kid anymore and we can't waste the best goalie in the NHL. But I'd rather sign Richards and possibly trade for a top 6 scoring winger than suck.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:57 PM
PanMan

Quote:

lol "then" and "than" make quite a difference here

PanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:58 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Don't see many talking about Gaborik. I may be in the minority, but unless this guy was playing with a really bad injury towards the end of the season into these playoffs there is no excuse. Unless that's the case, I'd like to see him packaged.

Also a note on Anisimov. The game he plays...he will never be affective in the playoffs. Never. He will get run over time after time by applying himself softly wherever the puck is. He's a soft player who is easily contained along the boards. I'm losing interest everyday now. He is someone who I'd start to dangle too just to see what offers you get.

We always get the Russians who **** the bed, especially after 1994. Yea Arty is young, yeah on paper he had a better season in his 2nd year, and yes he will put up 50+ POINTS in the regular season, but it's the style he plays. He just doesn't want to engage physically when he should. That's not going to work in the playoffs.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:59 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'm not saying tanking.

It accomplishes nothing.

EDIT: Not looking to get into an argument, just posing a question.
For better or worse, being awful and getting the first overall pick isn't an option for this franchise. Our choices this year were essentially a non-playoff finish with the 12th overall pick vs. a playoff finish with the 15th overall pick.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
That was a tough on to watch

Not throwing the towel in yet but it's going to be hard. Hank Has to be pulling his hair out.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pld459666

vCash: 873
Don't know about the rest of you, but it seems like we are smaller team out there.

Battles along the wall are being won by what seems like a larger caps player.

Our big man (boyle) has reverted to playing like a flea.

Just seems like there is no ability to impose their physical will on the opponent.

The Caps are preventing the down low cycle by being alot more physical than they had been and that's been a bit surprising.

Finally, a combination of the Caps playing very well defensively and the Rangers absolute lack of offensive creativity is going to mean an early exit from the PO's boys.

Not sure I like the lesson this is teaching the 7 guys that are popping their Playoff cherries this year.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 10:00 PM
ColonialsHockey10

I love how Versus has been dubbing Jason Arnott the "ageless wonder" all night. I need to hear Sam and Joe soon.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 10:00 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
For better or worse, being awful and getting the first overall pick isn't an option for this franchise. Our choices this year were essentially a non-playoff finish with the 12th overall pick vs. a playoff finish with the 15th overall pick.
It's tough being a franchise in New York