HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Someone call 911! Price just robbed game 1.

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2011, 01:41 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
I'll let this post slide because I know posts do not have any tone. That said I do not give a **** if Jack Layton is a Bruins fan, Habs fan, whether he's stayed for 5 min or 5 hours. I said what I said to point out the obvious that it was a publicity stunt. Nothing else.
lol let that post slide or ELSE WHAT lol

publicity stunt or not, the man was born in MTL, and he's reppin, no need to freaking hate, the guys got **** to do, if u had a problem with him leaving early, then freaking vote liberal or conservative and spare us

Old
04-16-2011, 04:09 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Wrong about what? That Boston did not play a tough game? You just said it yourself that it's not their usual game. I'm saying that makes them the less physical Bruins team i've ever seen.
Wrong that intimidation is a factor. You can try to intimidate your opponent as much as you want, but if you don't actually play well, it'll be useless.

Quote:
Deffinitly disagree there. Bruins have not being penalised all year because they've stuck to Julien's system. So they know how stick to a system. Hell I think they just have the wrong system.
No. They haven't been penalized because they haven't been bullies. If you think that the real Bruins are the ones that showed up during the 2 games they beat us in, then they didn't follow Julien's system. So, you're contradicting yourself.

Quote:
As for having a slow D, have you seen the Habs play the Flyers last year? Flyers had a good D squad but these guys were big and slow. Yet the Habs could not do anything to them. More importantly though was the Flyers' game plan in having a strong forecheck on our D. They were so intimidating in that departement that PK was hearing steps behind him all night making mistakes. When the Habs are hit, especially our D, they can't handle it because they're not physical enough.
The Flyers Dmen are faster than Boston's, and better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
That's not true either. Intimidation can be a great tool if done effectively. But you need to walk a fine line and you need refs who put away their whistles.
Intimidation can be great, if you actually play well along with it. Boston doesn't do that however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I think Philly pushed us around pretty well and we didn't have an answer for it. Yes, they played well and have more skilled forwards than the B's but there's no doubt they manhandled us last year. Size played a huge role in last year's debacle.

Boston isn't a particularly fast team at all. We match up well against them but we've got to hope that the refs call the penalties. If it becomes a battle of special teams we've got the advantage.

I'm voting for Monty Brewster.
Philly could push us around all they want. If they don't keep us on the outside, that pushing and shoving would have been useless.

Old
04-16-2011, 04:37 AM
Doogee
Cammy!

Just like last season, i will be cheering the Habs all through the playoffs.

Good luck guys.

Old
04-16-2011, 05:21 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPassion View Post
Just like last season, i will be cheering the Habs all through the playoffs.

Good luck guys.
No love for the Nucks?

Old
04-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Doogee
Cammy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
No love for the Nucks?
Not a chance

Old
04-16-2011, 08:08 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Amen. After seeing some of their fans reaction to the Chara hit, I'm really hoping for that to be the case too. Preferably with a couple of blowouts in game 3 and 4 too. I want to see them rage and cry like they always do.

I can't remember the last time the habs swept another team. 93 ? We're due.
A sweep would be great.

It's only been one game though and we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. If we lose tonight I'm sure the tone on these boards will change quickly.

I picked the Habs over the Bruins and I'm sticking with it. A sweep would just be a bonus. Losing the series on the other hand? Well, let's just not talk about that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
With the 4 rounds format... and 16 wins required to win the cup... here's what I've been able to find

1992-93 Montreal Canadiens (16-4-0)
1994-95 New Jersey Devils (16-4-0)
1996-97 Detroit Red Wings (16-4-0)
That's incredible when you consider the roster that we had. On the other hand though we got extremely lucky with some of the matchups that year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I kinda disagree, we are far bigger whiners.
As for which fanbase is 'whinier' I don't think there's any difference from one fanbase to another. Folks are so quick to paint the fans of any other club with the same brush. As soon as a fan of an opposing team does anything stupid, there is some kind of moral outrage.

Fans are fans.... There are the good, bad and the ugly. They all just wear different sweaters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Look at the PK subban / Krechji threads, our thread is 3 times the size of there's.

Think about how much whining happened here after Patches.
This is an apples and oranges situation. The MaxPac hit went well beyond hockey itself and was part of a larger overall discussion.

You've picked a very bad example to make an argument with. I'll just leave it at that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Wrong that intimidation is a factor. You can try to intimidate your opponent as much as you want, but if you don't actually play well, it'll be useless.
Sure, you have to play well. I fail to see how this eliminates intimidation as a factor though. It's not the ONLY factor but of course it plays a role.

Quote:
No. They haven't been penalized because they haven't been bullies. If you think that the real Bruins are the ones that showed up during the 2 games they beat us in, then they didn't follow Julien's system. So, you're contradicting yourself.
I'm still waiting for the 2nd shoe to drop and watch the B's go crazy on us. I don't think it will work and in fact I kind of hope they do this. If they play the same way tonight and lose again, the dogs will be set loose in game three.
Quote:
The Flyers Dmen are faster than Boston's, and better.

Intimidation can be great, if you actually play well along with it. Boston doesn't do that however.
Be careful... it's only one game in. The series is very young and you may be sorry you said that. Boston certainly has the capability to play better than they have. I agree that we match up well against them but I think you're not giving them enough credit here.
Quote:
Philly could push us around all they want. If they don't keep us on the outside, that pushing and shoving would have been useless.
But if they do keep us on the outside AND push us around, it just makes them all the more effective. Also, the pushing and shoving definitely helped keep us on the outside. Size and intimidation is a factor, always will be.

I agree that intimidation is not as big a factor as it used to be though. You won't see the Flyers of the 70s come along again any time soon. As for size, that's always an advantage. All things being equal... I'd rather have a bigger team.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 04-16-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old
04-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Call 911. I saw someone choking!
Amazing, if someone with skillz could do an avatar with a call 911 with a guy chocking with bruins jersey would simply be epic, black and yellow.. Or even do jersey of that hahaha i would buy lol.

I wad thinking about something for the bruins about choking but the call 911 would explode.in bruins fans face hahahha.

Old
04-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPassion View Post
Not a chance
I get ya.. i root for the best games possible until habs are down IF they do... then i root for canadian teams... but damn the nucks are playing like detroit with datsyuk and zetterburg dangling like crazy never tought the sedins would not only change dimension on the way they play but have such a influence on the team concept... i am highly impressed.

Old
04-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Bloumeister
Gros chef bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
Amazing, if someone with skillz could do an avatar with a call 911 with a guy chocking with bruins jersey would simply be epic, black and yellow.. Or even do jersey of that hahaha i would buy lol.

I wad thinking about something for the bruins about choking but the call 911 would explode.in bruins fans face hahahha.
I posted "le Heimlich Maneuver" a while back...

Old
04-16-2011, 10:34 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
I posted "le homosexual Maneuver" a while back...

thats looks about right

Old
04-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Time to shut this one down. Continue all talk in the GDT.

Closed Thread