HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Damphousse, wife accused of beating each other up

Old
04-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Souvenirs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
Gotta love that everybody jump the gun when a man beats his wife, yet, if his wife would have stabbed him, it's likely because he would have looked for it. We don't know **** about this story. Aren't they in a divorce right now? Odd timing... uh..
WTF. No one actually believes this. It's actually much more likely to blame a woman for being abused.

Yet you're the one who claimed he saw Price taking drugs in the Old Port a few years back so we should take everything you say with a grain of salt.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Classified

Between this and the Memorial Cup debacle I have no respect for him left.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Bingo.

Sorry, my wife slaps my as hard as she can and it'll hurt. I'll slap her back as hard as I can, and she'll likely have a dislocated jaw. You just can't be even when doing crap like that.
Then she should probably not have slapped you to begin with.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Lucius

Sad to see a childhood hero embroiled in all this.

Ran into him and (presumably) her in Rome a few years ago, they seemed quite nice. Was always my favorite player as a kid.

Beyond that though, there is absolutely no point in any of us standing here judging him, her or defending him, or her.

We all have no idea. The truth generally comes out eventually.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 10:35 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Just warning:

Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 10:37 AM
BLONG7

looks like a he said, she said deal...unfortunate...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 10:39 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified View Post
Between this and the Memorial Cup debacle I have no respect for him left.
What was the Memorial Cup debacle?

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 10:43 AM
smon

I wouldn't judge either way as it stands, since this in the context of a divorce proceeding. If he is convicted, then it would it be a different story.

Unfortunately, whether we admit it or not, it is something that will be mentioned with his name from now on. Similar to the Roy thing.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 10:59 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
I wouldn't judge either way as it stands, since this in the context of a divorce proceeding. If he is convicted, then it would it be a different story.

Unfortunately, whether we admit it or not, it is something that will be mentioned with his name from now on. Similar to the Roy thing.
I forgot how a conviction or lack there of, proves anything. I guess we should all just assume OJ Simpson didn't kill his wife then

I'm only kidding around but it's a valid point. Truth is you can't ever really know in cases where it's a he said she said with little to no proof. You have to form your own opinion based on what you feel the facts are, if any.

Personally I don't feel it's right for anyone to hit their spouse regardless of the sex. I do agree that men shouldn't get the self defense excuse unless we're talking about reasonable force. I do believe it's right for a man to hit a woman depending on the circumstance but again, reasonable force. You don't get slapped in the face and pummel the *****es face into the cement. You can push the woman away and if she pulls out a weapon of some kind, try to disarm her or even punch her out, but again reasonable force.

Self defense is one thing, using self defense as an excuse to beat your wife is another. I would never lay a hand on my girlfriend and she would never hit me either, but say I was in a relationship with an abusive girl, I'd definitely defend myself, just not to the degree of beating the living **** out of somebody. What needs to be determined is if he was in fact beating the living **** out of her, or simply defending himself.

The women always get assumed to be the victim here. It could very well be the other way around and she's just using this unfortunate double standard as a means to win her case. Plus if kids are involved... it's always ugly.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
What was the Memorial Cup debacle?
Guess debacle is a bit of a dramatic term, but he was on the selection committee and they gave it to Shawinigan, they were obviously not the most fitting choice.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Jesker

Damphousse has always been a world-class guy, I can't imagine he did something like this, but you never know...

Very surprised with the news.

Jesker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 07:28 PM
albator71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
don't get me wrong I'm totally against beating women but we don't know what happened. I'd refrain from jumping into conclusions so fast. Most of the times in these kind of stories, the man is always pictured as the aggressor while in fact a lot of times he's the victim.
Exactly, it's unfortunate that violence against men is not more talk about in our society. The only way it's going to chance is for men who are abuse by their wife/girlfriend needs press charges and talk about it. But men who are abuse fill ashamed and are afraid to be ridicule if they talk about it.

Violence against women is wrong but so is violence against men but all the focus and attention is on abuse women, what about the men who are abuse???

albator71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified View Post
Guess debacle is a bit of a dramatic term, but he was on the selection committee and they gave it to Shawinigan, they were obviously not the most fitting choice.
You call that a debacle?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 08:53 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by albator71 View Post
Exactly, it's unfortunate that violence against men is not more talk about in our society. The only way it's going to chance is for men who are abuse by their wife/girlfriend needs press charges and talk about it. But men who are abuse fill ashamed and are afraid to be ridicule if they talk about it.

Violence against women is wrong but so is violence against men but all the focus and attention is on abuse women, what about the men who are abuse???
Well when is the last time you heard a woman rapped a men? Every case is particular and we dont know enough about the story to get the whole picture..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:26 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Well when is the last time you heard a woman ***** a men?
There are a tonne of women cases of ****** men except that men don't report it because they don't feel violated the way women do. They don't care but I've honestly heard of many men getting ***** by women stories.

Old
04-15-2011, 09:32 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
There are a tonne of women cases of ****** men except that men don't report it because they don't feel violated the way women do. They don't care but I've honestly heard of many men getting ***** by women stories.
Although it happens, I think not reporting has more to do with afraid of having your masculinity questioned by the public.

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:35 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Although it happens, I think not reporting has more to do with afraid of having your masculinity questioned by the public.
I honestly think it has to do with not caring. A guy doesn't care about being sexed without permission, its not like it hurts him.

Old
04-16-2011, 06:33 AM
Schwang

Does anyone hold her rights?

Schwang is offline   Reply With Quote