HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4-15-11: Preds @ Ducks - Lawyers, Guns & Money ‎

Old
04-16-2011, 12:39 AM
JoeDaddio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiM View Post
Uncalled for.

Not sure what the hurry was there anyways... he shoulda been happy with the clock ticking down and the pck on the boards.

joe

JoeDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:42 AM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
They have more even strength goals then we did tonight.
This is basically wrong. Scoring a couple seconds after a PP expired doesn't count as an even strength goal in my books. The poster you quoted is correct. Anaheim is having problems at even strength with us.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:45 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
At least the team made somewhat of a comeback attempt, but the team put themselves in that position. I do feel better about the team coming back home after that third period rather then what could have happened.

But still, have to think of what could have been had the team came out and not took stupid penalties early.
Agreed.

Learn from the mistakes of game two and go back home and win.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

It's pretty hard to be disappointed after this loss. We aren't going to sweep them. That is just a fact. But we didn't just roll over tonight. We out shot them, dominated the third period, and Anaheim only seems to be a threat when they were on the PP or attempting hail mary passes. I feel really good going into Nashville on Sunday. No reason to be disappointed after tonight IMO.

Old
04-16-2011, 12:49 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
It's pretty hard to be disappointed after this loss. We aren't going to sweep them. That is just a fact. But we didn't just roll over tonight. We out shot them, dominated the third period, and Anaheim only seems to be a threat when they were on the PP or attempting hail mary passes. I feel really good going into Nashville on Sunday. No reason to be disappointed after tonight IMO.
I'll drink to that, already am actually

Old
04-16-2011, 12:52 AM
Tennman

Quote:
Agreed. This game was do or die for the ducks. It sucks to lose but it's 1-1.If we had lost game one and won game two everyone would be fired up right now instead of acting like the sky is falling.

Tennman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:54 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Fel got a YT video up

Old
04-16-2011, 01:11 AM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
I'll drink to that, already am actually
Same here

Old
04-16-2011, 01:14 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Same here
I'm actually about to run out of Stolli. Going to have to either go with tequilla or rum next, can't decide.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:45 AM
braindead

Quote:
+1. As I said in the main board thread, I feel better about the series after this game than I did before the series started. I think the Preds are the better team. I don't think the Ducks offense against our defense is good enough to offset their D and goaltending against our offense.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 01:51 AM
SK74 Snipes

If we lose I'm rooting for the caps because of Arnott, love that dude.

I truly think we are going to beat the Ducks and win our first series, they just aren't a well rounded team.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Fel got a YT video up
I'd like to apologize for the quality. Was only watching the game on my TV.

Ryan should get 1 game IMO.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 02:15 AM
Nitrous Mafia

If you told me before the series that we'd come home with a 1-1 series, I'd have taken it.

Home ice!

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 02:42 AM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburton86 View Post
If you told me before the series that we'd come home with a 1-1 series, I'd have taken it.

Home ice!
I've got to agree. I told myself I'd be happy with a split before this series began. Then again I said that last year and look where it got us.

Better than coming home 0-2 though. The sky isn't falling until we're down 3-1. No screwups on home ice, boys. This is very doable.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 07:08 AM
predfan98

it almost seems like weber/suter do worse against the quackers top line.....than our other lines....at least they did last night...

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:25 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

I just saw the replay of the waved off goal and did see the contact that was referred to earlier. Missed it the first bunch of times but now saw the stick contact to Emery before the puck passed him. My bad.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:28 AM
AEM6729

Pretty sweet that we came back and almost tied it...if I'm Anaheim, I don't feel too confident heading to Nashville. Even though we lost, we still took home ice advantage away from them and proved that even strength we're the better team...at least so far.

But, on the negative side, can someone PLEASE explain what Klein's deal is?! I really want someone to educate me on this. I feel like he's always pretty weak on the puck...constantly turning it over when pressured, and constantly allowing opposing forwards to cut inside on him. He was on the ice for at least three Ducks' goals last night; in fact it seemed like Carlyle was purposely putting the RPG line out against him. In the 3rd period it seemed like Suter and Weber were out against that line more (dunno if it was b/c we were changing them on the fly or b/c they were probably out there every other shift or what), but the game got much more under control then. Either way, I feel like Klein has for the most part sucked all year, and he sucked particularly bad last night. Yet he keeps getting a ton of ice time. Maybe I'm just biased and only notice the bad things he does. Maybe I just don't understand hockey well enough or something. Am I missing something with this guy?! I mean, WTF?!

Also if O'Brien takes another stupid penalty I'm gonna kill myself. I like that he's willing to stand up for his teammates but he reminds me of Hartnell with his bonehead penalties. That slash last night was ridic, and it was his third minor of the series so far. He's gotta get that under control.

Oh well. Back on home ice tomorrow, and I think we have a great chance of winning both games, especially with more control over the matchups.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:35 AM
hatedandproud

Quote:
They have more even strength goals then we did tonight.
They've scored 6 goals so far. 2 have come from 5 on 3 PPs and one is an empty netter.
If our boys can stay disciplined, they got this thing.

oops, don't know why I'm quoting you stranger. My comment was not meant as a rebuttal to yours. Oh well

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Tennman

Watched it again this morning frame by frame and Leggy's stick does push Emery's leg but he never would have made that save with or without the contact. It could have easily been called a trip on Brookbank. It was to close to make that call and wave off a goal.

Old
04-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Legionnaire11
HFBoards Sponsor

Can't believe how many Preds fans have been programmed to go with the company line, level headed approach to everything. If it's November, then you can talk about not being disappointed with a loss... in the playoffs you are disappointed with EVERY loss, instead of a nearly insurmountable 2-0 lead, the series is tied. Regardless of how the game played out a loss is a loss and the series is tied. No loss in the playoffs is "just one game".

Expect more from your team. Expect them to not come out of the gate with a prime opportunity and hand the game to the other team in the first 5 minutes. Don't get complacent, get PISSED, get demanding!

The Preds may have outplayed the Ducks overall through two games, but they still have a 50 goal scorer, and they still have a handful of players who were there when they won the cup, they still have amazing leadership from vets like Koivu and Selanne.

It's difficult enough to win a series without giving away games that could easily have gone the other way. You cannot accept anything less than victory in the playoffs.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Can't believe how many Preds fans have been programmed to go with the company line, level headed approach to everything. If it's November, then you can talk about not being disappointed with a loss... in the playoffs you are disappointed with EVERY loss, instead of a nearly insurmountable 2-0 lead, the series is tied. Regardless of how the game played out a loss is a loss and the series is tied. No loss in the playoffs is "just one game".

Expect more from your team. Expect them to not come out of the gate with a prime opportunity and hand the game to the other team in the first 5 minutes. Don't get complacent, get PISSED, get demanding!

The Preds may have outplayed the Ducks overall through two games, but they still have a 50 goal scorer, and they still have a handful of players who were there when they won the cup, they still have amazing leadership from vets like Koivu and Selanne.

It's difficult enough to win a series without giving away games that could easily have gone the other way. You cannot accept anything less than victory in the playoffs.
We didn't come out well last night. I was pissed because I was there and didn't wanna feel like I wasted my money to go watch it and listen to 18,000 fans celebrate our suckage. But then right as I lost all hope, what do we do? We make it a game. Yeah we can't change our mistakes that already happened but good teams fight back and show the opponent (and their fans) that you will not roll over and die under any circumstances. Should we really expect anything less from a Predators team?

Like I said to my Ducks friend last night:

Me: "Man we just don't give up. We never say die."
Him: "Yeah I got that thank you."

We are in their heads and we're in their fans heads also. No Ducks fans still want to play us and no Ducks fans think it will be easy.

And Also, we had SO many chances it seemed that went just wide of the net from in close, plus a questionable game-changing negated goal, and we made serious adjustments over the course of the game. This wasn't a copy of last year's first two games when we won Game 1 and then lost Game 2. I think many people would agree the team has more chemistry and confidence this year, and on top of that I think it's just a better feel this season.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Legionnaire11
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I think many people would agree the team has more chemistry and confidence this year, and on top of that I think it's just a better feel this season.
Totally agree, but there should be no circumstances that make a playoff loss acceptable.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:37 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post

It's all about series victory not single game victory. How many series did Chicago sweep last year? Eyes on the prize, Violet, eyes on the prize. I completely expect a series victory after last night. I know now how Wings/Sharks fans have felt after losing games to us in the playoffs... they think "too bad but the outcome is not in doubt".

Too bad but the outcome is not in doubt.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:43 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Anyone wanna guess at the length of Ryan's suspension?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Tennman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Anyone wanna guess at the length of Ryan's suspension?
One shift