HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn

Old
03-29-2011, 06:21 PM
tserberis*

vCash: 500
SK is not interested in KHL, trust me on this one.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 07:09 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
SK is not interested in KHL, trust me on this one.
Care to elaborate?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 07:29 PM
FlyingRat

I hope the Preds do whatever they can to keep him in the NHL. I love me some Sergei.

FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 08:26 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Care to elaborate?
I know his bro

Old
03-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

yea, you gotta figure if Kostitsyn really wanted to go to the KHL, he would have done it a long time ago.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 08:48 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

He probably would have gotten a decent contract to go back rather than signing with us...

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 03:14 PM
SpeedDemon

vCash: 491
Bring both in

I say re-sign Sergei and bring in Andrei if you can as well. can you imagine those two playing on the same line? or on the powerplay? I say get them both before someone else does ( like the Leafs and we'd see a monster machine with the Kostitsyns and Grabovski)

SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Leo W

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PredsFan View Post
I say re-sign Sergei and bring in Andrei if you can as well. can you imagine those two playing on the same line? or on the powerplay? I say get them both before someone else does ( like the Leafs and we'd see a monster machine with the Kostitsyns and Grabovski)
I really don't think you want the Kostitsyn's back on the same team.. if anything I think that's the reason Sergei had a fantastic year this year.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 10:06 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
I really don't think you want the Kostitsyn's back on the same team.. if anything I think that's the reason Sergei had a fantastic year this year.
I don't agree.
I remember AK - Lang - SK line Janyary-February 2008. They were carrying Habs then.

Old
04-17-2011, 08:09 PM
karho

Habs fan here. Good to hear that SK is playing well in Nashville.

Sending SK away from Montreal was probably the best for the Canadiens and SK. It just wasn't working out here in Montreal (the city sometimes has a way of doing that to young players). Also, Jacques Martin didn't take a liking to him prior to the beginning of the season (at least, I remember JM yelling at SK quite candidly during training camp). At some point during last season, he just became one of the goats (others included Gomez and Price).

It's good that he is maturing with the Preds. He will most likely end up being a better complete player than Andrei (Habs fans will probably refuse to admit that now, but during his stay in Montreal, most agreed that SK had more potential).

There is no doubt in my mind that he wants to stay in the NHL, as he wants to play in the big stages, with the NHL being the biggest.

karho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 10:11 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

His pass on the Fisher GWG was just filthy.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Nitrous Mafia

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...ight=kostitsyn

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:26 AM
PaulQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
I don't agree.
I remember AK - Lang - SK line Janyary-February 2008. They were carrying Habs then.
true... i think AK had like 15 goals in 20 games during that time... Unfortunately Carboneau broke them up and they never played together since aside from a game here and there...

SK's story reminds me of Ribeiro... great talent, amazing playmaker... got kicked out of MTL because the likes of Gainey, Julien, Martin dislike that type of players and their sometimes immature personalities... Gets traded for a bag of pucks... Both start out on the 4th line for at least the first 20 games and at the end of the year, finish best scorer of their respective teams... Expect SK to have seasons of 70 even 80 points down the line... Sooner than later if he plays with Radulov..

PaulQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I have upgraded my contract decision. I initially thought a 2 year/4.5 million dollar deal would be what it would take. This is probably the most prudent and likely offer. However, I almost wonder if we should just give the man a 3-4 year deal....3/9.5 (2.75/3.25/3.5?) or even 4/14. Steep, I know, but SK has revitalized this offense. I'm not sure how much Erat and Legwand would have been able to step up this year without his presence. He may be the best offensive player we have.....

04-18-2011, 11:19 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=902530

If true it might be interesting on how much revenues jump up. I think we are reaching a point where the Preds will have a lot of cash to spend.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:20 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I have upgraded my contract decision. I initially thought a 2 year/4.5 million dollar deal would be what it would take. This is probably the most prudent and likely offer. However, I almost wonder if we should just give the man a 3-4 year deal....3/9.5 (2.75/3.25/3.5?) or even 4/14. Steep, I know, but SK has revitalized this offense. I'm not sure how much Erat and Legwand would have been able to step up this year without his presence. He may be the best offensive player we have.....
It will depend on how much Poile (and SK) want to gamble.

Poile has the leverage in that he is RFA to get a one year deal for around 2.5 either in arbitration or just by mutual agreement, and then both sides will see if SK can validate this year with another.

if he does, then we'd be looking at 4 mil a year after that, but if he backslides, then poile isnt stuck with another overpaid player.

gonna be interesting. I think we will see something just about like what hornqvist got, unless of course SK wins the Conn Smythe or something crazy like that in the next few weeks(which would be cool with me ad everyone else I am sure)

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
It will depend on how much Poile (and SK) want to gamble.

Poile has the leverage in that he is RFA to get a one year deal for around 2.5 either in arbitration or just by mutual agreement, and then both sides will see if SK can validate this year with another.

if he does, then we'd be looking at 4 mil a year after that, but if he backslides, then poile isnt stuck with another overpaid player.

gonna be interesting. I think we will see something just about like what hornqvist got, unless of course SK wins the Conn Smythe or something crazy like that in the next few weeks(which would be cool with me ad everyone else I am sure)
I think 2-2.5 for 2years is the perfect deal. He defiantly has the ability to be a 25-25 guy but the gamble isn't worth to risk to go any higher than 2.5. He's battled consistency issues in the past, somewhat due to him bouncing around from ahl/nhl but I'd be weary of jumping on the wagon. He seems to have stepped up his game considerably from his montreal days though. Props to him.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
I think 2-2.5 for 2years is the perfect deal. He defiantly has the ability to be a 25-25 guy but the gamble isn't worth to risk to go any higher than 2.5. He's battled consistency issues in the past, somewhat due to him bouncing around from ahl/nhl but I'd be weary of jumping on the wagon. He seems to have stepped up his game considerably from his montreal days though. Props to him.
I agree with this ... I'd love to have him back, but any kind of retarded raise seriously needs to be questioned ... anything above 2.5 isn't smart $ ... the smart $ needs to go to Shea & then Suter

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I think we should give him a 3 or 4 year deal because if we sign him for two years and he improves even more (keep in mind he's only barely 24) then the price to re-sign him after only two years, when he's 26, might be too steep for us. Has the potential to be a bargain right now.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:18 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I think we should give him a 3 or 4 year deal because if we sign him for two years and he improves even more (keep in mind he's only barely 24) then the price to re-sign him after only two years, when he's 26, might be too steep for us. Has the potential to be a bargain right now.
All depends on the money. 4 years at 2 mil rising to 2.5 I'd probably do. 4 years at above 3, pass.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 03:12 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Keep in mind we need to extend Weber, Suter, and Rinne. So that has to be considered related to SK.

A long playoff series would certainly help in terms of additional revenue. I think each game positively affects revenue by 1 mm.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Matsi
got paws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
Keep in mind we need to extend Weber, Suter, and Rinne. So that has to be considered related to SK.

A long playoff series would certainly help in terms of additional revenue. I think each game positively affects revenue by 1 mm.
With the emergence of Josi and other very promising prospects like Ellis and Blum in the system, wouldn't it be better to keep Kostitsyn and let Suter walk instead? Please don't flame me, it's just a thought

Matsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheechoo14whitney View Post
With the emergence of Josi and other very promising prospects like Ellis and Blum in the system, wouldn't it be better to keep Kostitsyn and let Suter walk instead? Please don't flame me, it's just a thought
Keeping Suter is more important because Poile and Trotz have the ability to bring in a random 45-55 point scorer a lot easier than replacing Suter.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:52 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheechoo14whitney View Post
You also have to consider that if Poile is going to try to replace Suter with someone on the farm he's not just going to let Suter walk for nothing. He should be able to bring in a scorer for him. So would he really need SK at that point?

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:12 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
You also have to consider that if Poile is going to try to replace Suter with someone on the farm he's not just going to let Suter walk for nothing. He should be able to bring in a scorer for him. So would he really need SK at that point?
So who is gonna pass to "Scorer"???