HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

POTG & GBR: ECQF Game 2 @ Washington Capitals

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: ECQF Game 2 @ Washington Capitals
Sean Avery 28 27.45%
Brian Boyle 2 1.96%
Ruslan Fedotenko 4 3.92%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 52 50.98%
Ryan McDonagh 1 0.98%
Brandon Prust 2 1.96%
Michael Sauer 1 0.98%
Marc Staal 3 2.94%
Derek Stepan 2 1.96%
Other 7 6.86%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
And that trade is looking worse and worse as the season went on.

The fans of the trade were "Yes, got a good, skilled player with size that needed a change of scenery"... Blah, blah, blah... "He'll score goals"... "Rozy is terrible" ...

I bet most would like to reverse that trade. I know I would. It would give Staal and Girardi some slack. Gilroy would be dressed in a suit for the games.
Stop with the Rozy crap. Both McD and Sauer are significantly better than him. McD was the POTG even with the two penalties which were both aggressive plays.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Stop with the Rozy crap. Both McD and Sauer are significantly better than him. McD was the POTG even with the two penalties which were both aggressive plays.
I'm not comparing him to either Sauer or McDonagh. Don't assume that I was. I was simply talking about the trade brought back back up and showing that another 20 minute defenseman would lighten the load rather than having another invisible project on the third line.

Last edited by Florida Ranger: 04-16-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 10:40 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
I'm not comparing him to either Sauer or McDonagh. Don't assume that I was. I was simply talking about the trade that coming back and showing that another 20 minute defenseman would lighten the load rather than having another invisible project on the third line.
Blowzsival is a piece of ****. He's soft and won't shoot and is slow and is soft. He is nothing more than a sixth defenseman and is soft. Don't ever discuss him again. He is gone now, and is soft.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 10:50 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
I'm not comparing him to either Sauer or McDonagh. Don't assume that I was. I was simply talking about the trade that coming back and showing that another 20 minute defenseman would lighten the load rather than having another invisible project on the third line.
I'm still not sure why the focus continues to shine on the defense.

The Rangers gave up 3 goals in two playoff games so I'm thinking that perhaps all the talk about the Defensive weakness is a bit misplaced. Would the PP be radically different with Rozy? I'm not convinced.

In my view there is too little talent up front on this team. A judgement was made to give up a higher priced dman in exchange for a winger who could possibly give the offense a boost. Clearly the offense still struggles so did the Rangers didn't achieve their goal with a new winger. However, they lost a salary (which will help next year), and brought up a defenseman (MCD) who still might be playing in the AHL if Rozy was still with the club.

Would the fans rather have Rozy back? Knowing what we know today? Maybe?

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 10:55 PM
OverTheCap

Rozy was probably our best offensive defenseman this year. He had 15 points in 32 games. That pace amounts to almost a 40 point season, not too shabby.

I think he worked on his outlet pass last summer. It seemed a lot more accurate this season and it generated in some good scoring opportunities. That's one thing we really could use, a semi-decent breakout pass.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 11:09 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
I'm still not sure why the focus continues to shine on the defense.

The Rangers gave up 3 goals in two playoff games so I'm thinking that perhaps all the talk about the Defensive weakness is a bit misplaced. Would the PP be radically different with Rozy? I'm not convinced.
The defense isn't weak. They're just being outworked. That OT was a killer. Staal looked exhausted after the 1st last game. The power play's still the same even with McCabe. I like McCabe running the power play. It gives a threat, but same ole, same ole.

Quote:
In my view there is too little talent up front on this team. A judgement was made to give up a higher priced dman in exchange for a winger who could possibly give the offense a boost. Clearly the offense still struggles so did the Rangers didn't achieve their goal with a new winger. However, they lost a salary (which will help next year), and brought up a defenseman (MCD) who still might be playing in the AHL if Rozy was still with the club.
Can't disagree with the possiblity of a offensive boost. I thought the change of scenary might've sparked Wolski. But at the same time, I thought it wasn't necessary. Sather could've done better packaging Rozsival.

Quote:
Would the fans rather have Rozy back? Knowing what we know today? Maybe?
I didn't want the Rangers to trade Rozy from the start. In my opinion, that trade was mostly pointless. We took a huge risk rolling with a pair of rookies. Not bashing, they've been great. Probably the best pairing.

People here assume way too much that if Rozy did stay, that McD wouldn't be here. Gilroy, I thought, would of got the axe. Possibly no McCabe.

Rozsival played well here this season. The contract made him "suck".

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 11:56 PM
In The Flesh

I liked Rozi, I thought he was a good D man for the right price. Problem was he wasn't paid what he's worth here.

nyr2k2 is right about him, but I'd take him back.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 02:55 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Also our offense isn't bad because of the 2-3 blowouts we had...maybe our offense is bad right now because this team is INCONSISTENT, which has been the problem all year? We're not a ****** team and you're just being ridiculous if you think so.
It's not merely a matter of inconsistency. It's also a matter of lesser talent, as you point out below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Give me a first line that can score or dictate the play like a first line and then we'll see the real mettle of this team.
I think the point it, if you add the kind of talent that consitutes such a first line, the team is no longer "this" team.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:04 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
It's not merely a matter of inconsistency. It's also a matter of lesser talent, as you point out below.

I think the point it, if you add the kind of talent that consitutes such a first line, the team is no longer "this" team.
Depends how much you actually need to add to make a first line. Pretty arbitrary point there dude. Does he have to say "add a piece to this general team"? I do think it's consistency. The team has talent it just doesn't perform with any consistency whatsoever we've seen that all year. From Gabs obviously to the pack line taking over to the 7-0 followed by 0-1. Hell even period to period they seem to be a completely different team. I think it has to do with the inexperience. The team is adding that and I can't imagine any1 would argue against getting a Jagr type on this team and seeing where it takes us.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote