NHL Gives Bobby Ryan 2 Game Suspension

Old
04-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
The solid 3rd line was actually a solid pair of Bonino and Mac. I actually think that line will be better with Sexton because he creates far more chances than Beleskey.

Anyways, I think this is probably the best lineup. Unless we want to try a different rookie instead of Beleskey. Im all for that. Im not a fan of that guy at all.
Did Beleskey kill your dog or something? You're always hating on the guy.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 07:23 PM
2faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
Did Beleskey kill your dog or something? You're always hating on the guy.
I just dont think he's very good. I dont understand why everyone likes him. He's had enough games in the NHL to do something at least and has shown little to no improvement.

And not only that, as much as he doesnt produce on any line, everyone here still thinks he deserves top line minutes. Now obviously we dont have many options in this situation, but people want him on the top line all the time.

McMillan would produce more with Getz and Perry, imo. I would actually rather see Mac with the Twins. And he did show that could cycle the puck last night with Bonino. No one else would want to try that?

2faded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidy2d View Post
What about Winchester on the top line? He seems to cycle decently and if he is used to screen Rinne that could be beneficial.
THIS. but Beleskey could very well work too. Winchester at times has looked totally out of place, but i could definitely see him being useful on the first line, but he's really gotta play his role right!

im not a fan of matt's 2 penalties in the first game. but other than mcmilldawg and fowler hes one of our best young skaters.

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
Throw McRookie or Beleskey on the 1st line. Idc which. I have seen Beleskey have success with them although not this year, and I could see McRookie doing well with them too. I'd prefer not Winchester because I honestly can't recall a scoring chance he's ever had while playing with G & P.

Jesus Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
I just dont think he's very good. I dont understand why everyone likes him. He's had enough games in the NHL to do something at least and has shown little to no improvement.

And not only that, as much as he doesnt produce on any line, everyone here still thinks he deserves top line minutes. Now obviously we dont have many options in this situation, but people want him on the top line all the time.

McMillan would produce more with Getz and Perry, imo. I would actually rather see Mac with the Twins. And he did show that could cycle the puck last night with Bonino. No one else would want to try that?
Then we would have no third line. McMillan has carried the third line throughout the year, without him it would be a complete liability.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 07:37 PM
2faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Then we would have no third line. McMillan has carried the third line throughout the year, without him it would be a complete liability.
Yea i know. I was going to point that out in the post you quoted but I realized it was going to end up looking like me hating on Beleskey more so i didnt include it. But, I agree.

Old
04-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Bender66
Duck you

Rest up the knee Bobby. And don't do stupid **** like that again.

Winchester is too slow and his hockey iq isn't good enough to play with the twins.

Bender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 07:56 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

I would love seeing McRookie on the top line. I ****ing love that kid.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

im not opposed to McMillan playing some first line minutes, we all know RC is well able enough to put about 3-4 people on with Getz and Perry by the end of the nice.

McMillan will get more PP time, and more PK time. Bobby gets to sit at home.

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Yea i know. I was going to point that out in the post you quoted but I realized it was going to end up looking like me hating on Beleskey more so i didnt include it. But, I agree.
Paul took my reply and glad you realize Mac can't play on the top line.

The line works fine with Beleskey because it simplifies the twins game as Beleskey just chills in the slot or in front of the net drawing a defender and leaving the twins to do all the board work.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:09 PM
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs

This may seems backwards but McMillan is too good to play on the top line. We need him to help carry/stabilize our third line and let Getz and Perry carry a lesser talent (not a slight on Beleskey or anyone that plays with them but Beleskey so far can't carry a line as well as McMillan has shown he can).

davidy2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:18 PM
PhoenyX

My guess is we'll see half of our forward group on the top line by the end of tomorrow's game. I sense RC line juggling coming, especially with Ryan out of the lineup and because we are on the road.

PhoenyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:25 PM
2faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
Paul took my reply and glad you realize Mac can't play on the top line.

The line works fine with Beleskey because it simplifies the twins game as Beleskey just chills in the slot or in front of the net drawing a defender and leaving the twins to do all the board work.
Ya i realize he cant because it would destroy our 3rd line. I just chose not to say it because i didnt want you to jump all over me again for saying anything about Beleskey haha.

In reply to your second point, I dont think that line "works fine". Also, im not sure what you mean by simplifies their game. Putting Beleskey on that line doesnt make it any simpler for the twins.

But I think youre trying to say that they wont try to make fancy plays or they will play differently and i dont think thats the case. I think they are going to play the same game they play every night except with Beleskey instead of Ryan. Hoepfully, it goes well because I want a split in Nashville.

Old
04-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

Ryan taking lessons from Pronger I suppose, next year our avatars have to be "stomp" themed.

" We'll stomp your ass"

I think Stark made one with drums on Pronger's feet before IIRC.

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:45 PM
duckhead32686
Cup4Saku

Send a message via AIM to duckhead32686
So Chara gets 0 on breaking Pacioretty. Stoll gets 1 for a headshot resulting in a concussion, and Bobby gets 2 for a stomp....seems fair

duckhead32686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Mhoogasian94123

As a Sharks fan.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Because the league isn't as serious about head-shots as they say they are, even when a concussion occurs. They'd rather worry about odd plays like a "stomp" that does not cause injury.
I agree with you 100%. Stoll slams Ian White into the boards and delivered a clear elbow to the head and gets 1 game but Ryan stomps on someone and only gets two. That doesn't make any sense. I guess next year the league will enforce a new "people need their feet when they get older" rule. I just think any intent to injure should be a suspension of 2 games minimum. Didn't Pronger get suspended for a stomp like 3 or 4 years ago? Wasn't the suspension longer? I know you can't compare Pronger to Ryan as far as being a dirty player but the intent is the same to me. You don't kick/stomp on someone unless you're trying to hurt the person. I'm sure Ryan is kicking himself (no pun intended) for making a stupid mistake but the playoffs aren't over. You guys have a great team and I hope you can help us by taking out the Nucks in the next round.

Mhoogasian94123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Jesus Teemu

The lack of consistency in Colie's office is mesmerizing.

Old
04-16-2011, 09:08 PM
GreatBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazy View Post
The lack of consistency in Colie's office is mesmerizing.
The lack of league consistency in discipline has been a problem for years. No one really knows what act is going to get a penalty and if so, for how long. Any approach like that is ineffective, since players has no idea of consequences. Further, if its a favored team or player, no suspension. The league should be ashamed of itself, but since it has no capacity for embarassment, it won't be.

Two games for Ryan is out of line given the way the league has treated other offenses this year, unless you consider that the league then doesn't have to worry about Ryan playing in Nashville. Its a crock, but that is what it is and the Ducks have to live with it.

As for Games 3, I think the team moves Beleskey up to Line 1 and fills in for him on Line 3. Beleskey played relatively effectively last year on the first line. I also liked the Bonino/MacMillan pairing on Line 3 last night, so keep those two together. I would like to see Ruutu play and Winchester sit. Ruutu can at least be used on the penalty kill, and with Ryan out we need another penalty killer to have three pairings of forward on the kill.

GreatBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

BPG has ZERO even strength points in the last 4 games against the Kings and Preds. It works far from fine to put Beleskey on it, people are just remembering last year when it sorta worked. Not sure what you guys are watching but it does not sustain a cycle like RPG and while Beleskey is camping out he is failing to do a damned thing with it. Put Palmieri up there and see what he can do. And as much as everyone loves to rag on Sexton the third line was producing points with Sexton - McMillan - Winchester, it hasn't done squat with Beleskey. I also would sit Parros and play Ruutu with Marchant and Winchester so the fourth line can play more than three minutes.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 09:57 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
pretty much gonna say that i agree with the general consensus here.. although i was wondering.. what if we put in maroon for a game? his stats in the AHL are decent enough and he seems to be a perfect companion for getzy-perry

we keep masterton in tact
and belesky-mcmillan-bonino were quite good last night..

bumperkisser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 10:39 PM
Unholy

Didn't know this was a line combo thread

2 games is alright, stupid play to begin with and I would have been fine anywhere from a fine to 2 games..

Beleksey will probably get to be with the twins no matter who doesn't like it, it worked before and Carlyle has already tried it before the playoffs started. Didn't seem to finish well then and the third line still producing at a non-existant pace.

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Jesus Teemu

Maybe if BGP works, Ryan can play on the third line when he returns.

Old
04-16-2011, 10:46 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 483
2 games is not a shocker, but stoll only getting 1? um k.

gratefulyours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Jesus Teemu

Eric Stephens had these lines from practice...

Brandon McMillan-Ryan Getzlaf-Corey Perry
Jason Blake-Saku Koivu-Teemu Selanne
Matt Beleskey-Nick Bonino-Dan Sexton
Jarkko Ruutu-Brad Winchester-Todd Marchant-Kyle Chipchura-George Parros-Bobby Ryan

Old
04-16-2011, 11:54 PM
DaDucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazy View Post
Eric Stephens had these lines from practice...

Brandon McMillan-Ryan Getzlaf-Corey Perry
Jason Blake-Saku Koivu-Teemu Selanne
Matt Beleskey-Nick Bonino-Dan Sexton
Jarkko Ruutu-Brad Winchester-Todd Marchant-Kyle Chipchura-George Parros-Bobby Ryan
yikes..... Palmieri on the top line is the only answer.....looks like the 2nd and now 3rd line are going to get ran in our zone now....

DaDucks is online now   Reply With Quote