HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings @ Sharks Game #2 - 4/16/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
04-16-2011, 11:58 PM
Wooty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Again,

Any apologies about Murray's system, anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
I am sorry you feel the need to keep asking for apologies

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 11:58 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

I thought Doughty played well in game 1(I know not a popular opinion but he was up and down and all over the ice making plays imo) but wow he was a beast tonight. Huge game.

The offense from the defense is proving to be huge for LA as Doughty, Johnson, Martinez are sparking the LA offense and it is working. But the key has been veterans stepping up, IMO. Smyth has looked really good, created that first Doughty goal tonight, Williams was great in game 1, good tonight as well, Scuderi and Mitchell have been quiet but very effective in their roles. Great win, Kings have swung home ice advantage back in their favour and a Stoll return will be huge in game 3. I hope they leave Moller in though, unlike most posters here, I think he has brought some offensive creativity and a shot mentality that has been very good for the Kings. I really hope that they keep him and he plays a top 9 role next year(third line LW with Stoll and Simmonds, imo).

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Quick is always so humble and passes off the credit to everyone else.

These guys seem like a really tight knit group.
People will say Quick didnt face many touch chances tonight. Which he didnt on the grand scheme of things, but he also didnt give up any major rebounds. He was able to control everything, was out aggresively around traffic, just looked really good and composed out there.

I dont know if its the Kings pk, but i dont get how this sharks pp unit scored at such a good rate purely because they have noone in front of the net. Quick pretty much has a clear line of sight on all of the action

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Tadite

Raaaaaaa!!!! Go Kings!!!!

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:00 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Drew Doughty has the ability to make a coach look like a genius.

I sure hope Doughty dedicates himself this off season to come to camp in tremendous shape. Doughty from the second half is the one that can win a Norris and a Stanley Cup.

I really believe that the Kings are setup for a run next year. I know Penner gets a lot of grief here, but with Kopitar and Williams, he can be a thirty-thirty forward next season.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:01 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post
I am sorry you feel the need to keep asking for apologies
LOL no that's not it.....I figure some people could think a 3-2 Loss is still a loss and ignore the play of the team....now not so much

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Danish Pastry
this is dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Winning in this fashion without Stoll, and really getting screwed over in the whole who was and wasn't suspended is just a big **** you to the NHL. I love it.
are you serious... yes demers could have been suspended but you honestly dont think stoll should have been... i know he isnt a dirty player but it was still his forearm to the head... a game was a good call he didnt mean to do it but he did it...

maybe i am misreading your post... which is a good chance i am very drunk right now... thanks to my awesome sharks...

Danish Pastry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:02 AM
lak4ever

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Drew Doughty has the ability to make a coach look like a genius.

I sure hope Doughty dedicates himself this off season to come to camp in tremendous shape. Doughty from the second half is the one that can win a Norris and a Stanley Cup.

I really believe that the Kings are setup for a run next year. I know Penner gets a lot of grief here, but with Kopitar and Williams, he can be a thirty-thirty forward next season.
Close enough heh....

Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

How about props for Moller's screen on Doughty's second goal? Shows more heart than Thornton.

Old
04-17-2011, 12:03 AM
sjmay*

Does anyone think Moller plays game 3? That's a tough freaking call to make....when you get knocked off the puck by Justin freaking Braun....something tells me you need to bulk up, but having said that, Lewis was solid between Smyth and Williams, Moller wasn't lost on the 4th line....

Old
04-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Clifford's game is built for the playoffs. I love this kid and the goal was a great reward for his play and what he's given up for this team all season. Westgarth is actually playing well too so he deserves a lot of credit. And then you have Smyth, who has stepped his game up ten-fold. Granted it seems like he saved gas in the tank for the playoffs which really hurt his regular season play but he's been great in these two games and that's what matters.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:05 AM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Quick is always so humble and passes off the credit to everyone else.

These guys seem like a really tight knit group.
You can thank Lombardi for that

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

And now back home. Great work!

Doughty joins Coffey and Duschene for multi-goal games in the post season by a Kings defenseman.

Doughty came 1pt short of the Kings post season single game point record.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
KingsFan7824

Where has that Doughty been all year? Simple and decisive. Fun to watch when he plays like that.

Clifford/Richardson/Simmonds, just all over the ice.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

2 GOALS !!! + 2 ASSISTS !!!

MR 4 POINT PLAYOFFS GAME !!!

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Danish Pastry
this is dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
People will say Quick didnt face many touch chances tonight. Which he didnt on the grand scheme of things, but he also didnt give up any major rebounds. He was able to control everything, was out aggresively around traffic, just looked really good and composed out there.

I dont know if its the Kings pk, but i dont get how this sharks pp unit scored at such a good rate purely because they have noone in front of the net. Quick pretty much has a clear line of sight on all of the action
thats the problem it doesnt... when we are scoring we have people there... the problem with the team is when the pp starts working they change things to a more fancy system... and when they have to start just shooting all the players are off to the side... also Heatley>>>>>>Jumbo in front of the net... well not at screening...
well actually not many big screeners on the team... our big guys play the boards...

Last edited by Danish Pastry: 04-17-2011 at 12:07 AM. Reason: only posting here because i am sure the sharks board is all about suicide and other nonsense... its game 2...
Danish Pastry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Pastry View Post
are you serious... yes demers could have been suspended but you honestly dont think stoll should have been... i know he isnt a dirty player but it was still his forearm to the head... a game was a good call he didnt mean to do it but he did it...

maybe i am misreading your post... which is a good chance i am very drunk right now... thanks to my awesome sharks...
I still have no concept how Stoll was suspended. HE NEVER TOUCHED WHITES HEAD. He merely pinned White to the boards and unfortunatly White hit his head, but it was in no way Stoll's fault. He might have hit a little harder than he needed to pin but he did not put the shoulder down or throw a real hit. Stoll got punished for the result not the act, imo. Which is completely the wrong way to punish. This happens many times a game, just so happened that White got hurt on this particular play.

Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Does anyone think Moller plays game 3? That's a tough freaking call to make....when you get knocked off the puck by Justin freaking Braun....something tells me you need to bulk up, but having said that, Lewis was solid between Smyth and Williams, Moller wasn't lost on the 4th line....
It's a tough call, but I would rather have Moller available than Westgarth. Westgarth has been a solid 4th liner since the All-star game, but it's the playoffs and no Shark wants to drop the gloves with him.

I won't be upset either way though. Murray has a tough decision.

Old
04-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Johnny Utah

Westgarth has been great. I hope he smacks Eager in the mouth before this series is over.

Clifford just keeps getting better. I used to compare him to Carcillo, but he is showing he has more potential...

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:09 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
It's a tough call, but I would rather have Moller available than Westgarth. Westgarth has been a solid 4th liner since the All-star game, but it's the playoffs and no Shark wants to drop the gloves with him.

I won't be upset either way though. Murray has a tough decision.
True, but do you see Clowe, Nichol, Eager, Mayers taking more liberties knowing Westgarth is out? I don't know either way and Westgarth hasn't hurt us yet, Moller didn't hurt us either, it's a good problem to have....

Old
04-17-2011, 12:09 AM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I still have no concept how Stoll was suspended. HE NEVER TOUCHED WHITES HEAD. He merely pinned White to the boards and unfortunatly White hit his head, but it was in no way Stoll's fault. He might have hit a little harder than he needed to pin but he did not put the shoulder down or throw a real hit. Stoll got punished for the result not the act, imo. Which is completely the wrong way to punish. This happens many times a game, just so happened that White got hurt on this particular play.
You must have missed the angle from the other side. Stoll's forearm CLEARLY drive's White's head into the boards from behind. One game was deserved.

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:10 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
You must have missed the angle from the other side. Stoll's forearm CLEARLY drive's White's head into the boards from behind. One game was deserved.
I don't think he hit him in the head with his forearm either, but regardless you still don't hit in the numbers like that...

Old
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Tough call. Westgarth has actually stepped up big time, but nobody on the Sharks will fight him and Moller brings alot more to the table, imo. He has shown offense creativity at many times, and a shoot first mentality that I like. He is not the strongest player, true, but he has good shot, hands and that screen he provided on Johnson's?(one goal can't remember exactly which) proved his willingness to go to the dirty areas. I really like his game.

Old
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote