Old
04-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Deserved, he should lose his wages for those 2 games as well IMO
I'll assume this is tongue in cheek as playoff salary = $0?

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:27 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
I'll assume this is tongue in cheek as playoff salary = $0?
So no players make money during the playoffs? I'd just have an internal fine really, it was a stupid move that could cost the team.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:32 AM
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs

Missing playoff games is punishment enough. If losing money would be the factor that sent the message home, then I would really rather Bobby Ryan not play for the Ducks anymore.

davidy2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
So no players make money during the playoffs? I'd just have an internal fine really, it was a stupid move that could cost the team.
Yeah, playoffs are free unless you have a bonus clause.

Old
04-17-2011, 01:03 AM
2faded

Quote:
BPG has ZERO even strength points in the last 4 games against the Kings and Preds. It works far from fine to put Beleskey on it, people are just remembering last year when it sorta worked. Not sure what you guys are watching but it does not sustain a cycle like RPG and while Beleskey is camping out he is failing to do a damned thing with it. Put Palmieri up there and see what he can do. And as much as everyone loves to rag on Sexton the third line was producing points with Sexton - McMillan - Winchester, it hasn't done squat with Beleskey. I also would sit Parros and play Ruutu with Marchant and Winchester so the fourth line can play more than three minutes.
Agree 100%. I think ive agreed with all your posts lately. At least someone shares my point of view. I feel like im alone sometimes.

Everyone here seems to think Getzlaf and Perry are so magical that we should be sticking some 3rd-4th liner with them and it doesnt matter. Or anyone with size because that will automatically translate into a good cycle game no matter how offensively untalented or hockey dumb they are. Sheesh.

And did someone above me suggest Maroon? Wtf?

2faded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazy View Post
Eric Stephens had these lines from practice...

Brandon McMillan-Ryan Getzlaf-Corey Perry
Jason Blake-Saku Koivu-Teemu Selanne
Matt Beleskey-Nick Bonino-Dan Sexton
Jarkko Ruutu-Brad Winchester-Todd Marchant-Kyle Chipchura-George Parros-Bobby Ryan
I actually really like these lines. Hopefully RC sticks with them.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 01:09 AM
2faded

Quote:
BPG has ZERO even strength points in the last 4 games against the Kings and Preds. It works far from fine to put Beleskey on it, people are just remembering last year when it sorta worked.
Here's something else. Sexton gets hated on all the time and called useless and his point production when he first came to the team last year was quickly called flukey and lucky..which it was.

Beleskey on the other hand, having a similar lucky streak as you say, "when it sorta worked" is not considered lucky. And despite having less scoring chances/ creating less scoring chances than Sexton is still considered a good player on the top line even though he hasnt produced on ANY line.

Old
04-17-2011, 01:14 AM
2faded

Quote:
I actually really like these lines. Hopefully RC sticks with them.
I think these lines are decent. And while this third line is probably going to get worked, i think we might in a situation where we need to ride our top two lines with crazy minutes.

With Ryan getting suspended i think the "find depth scoring" mode goes out the window and "ride the top two lines into the next round" mode begins for the next two games. It may not be the best strategy for going deep in the playoffs, but i think our situation requires making it out of the these next two games with a split first.

Old
04-17-2011, 01:22 AM
Gibson Les Palms

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
I think these lines are decent. And while this third line is probably going to get worked, i think we might in a situation where we need to ride our top two lines with crazy minutes.

With Ryan getting suspended i think the "find depth scoring" mode goes out the window and "ride the top two lines into the next round" mode begins for the next two games. It may not be the best strategy for going deep in the playoffs, but i think our situation requires making it out of the these next two games with a split first.
Yeah, it's pretty annoying seeing G & P close to or over 25 a game. However, I think those lines are probably the best they can do right now.

I was thinking if Marchant played on the 3rd line, RC would be more comfortable giving them more minutes?

Good thing is they didn't make the playoffs last year and Getzy rested a little during the season, but it's still pretty bad to see that much TOI for your forwards after each game. Best case scenario is they are up 5-1 midway through the 2nd..lol won't happen.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 01:33 AM
2faded

Quote:
Yeah, it's pretty annoying seeing G & P close to or over 25 a game. However, I think those lines are probably the best they can do right now.

I was thinking if Marchant played on the 3rd line, RC would be more comfortable giving them more minutes?

Good thing is they didn't make the playoffs last year and Getzy rested a little during the season, but it's still pretty bad to see that much TOI for your forwards after each game. Best case scenario is they are up 5-1 midway through the 2nd..lol won't happen.
Ya maybe. Basically you would have:

Mac-Getz-Perry (Tons of min, could produce, i think Mac the has skills)
Selanne line (Either they're hot, or they're not)
Beleskey/Sexton - Bonino - Marchant.
Whoever.

The 3rd line w/ beleskey is basically prevent mode w/ Beleskey providing hitting. The 3rd line w/ Sexton is still preventing w/ zero hitting but Sexton and Bonino maybe creating some chances. Still unlikely to score.

But still, I think a top line with Beleskey is likely to get shut down, and a 3rd line with Mac isnt gauranteed to score anything. I think i would rather load up the top line with the most talented fill-in player and just hope the top heavy lineup is enough.

Old
04-17-2011, 02:57 AM
sammyp

Send a message via AIM to sammyp
I'd like to see this:

McMillan - Getzlaf - Perry
Blake - Koivu - Selanne
Beleskey - Bonino - Marchant
Winchester - Chipchura - Ruutu

I would LIKE to see Palmieri used with the twins but there's no chance in hell RC does something like that.

sammyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 03:58 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Yeah, playoffs are free unless you have a bonus clause.
Ah fair enough, I thought it was on a weekly / fortnightly basis rather then just through the regular season

Old
04-17-2011, 03:59 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

And personally, I'd rather keep our third line together, it was great against the Preds, I'd like to see say, Palmieri given a go on the top line

Old
04-17-2011, 04:43 AM
AnaheimDucks90

This suspension is well-deserved. It was a bad play from him. I don't know why, but I think that Patrick Maroon will play on the LW in line 1.

AnaheimDucks90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:25 AM
DuckshaveaRPG

i just hope the team use this loss and the role players up there game like when getzlaf got inj for that long stretch

DuckshaveaRPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:09 AM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaheimDucks90 View Post
This suspension is well-deserved. It was a bad play from him. I don't know why, but I think that Patrick Maroon will play on the LW in line 1.
I hope so. He played really well down in Syracuse and I think he could be a great complementary player in that Getzlaf and Perry line.

Doothpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doothpick View Post
I hope so. He played really well down in Syracuse and I think he could be a great complementary player in that Getzlaf and Perry line.
I always thought down the road he may be the perfect third player for Getz and Perry, in the Penner mold. I just dont think hes ready quite yet.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 04:03 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

2 games is what I expected, and well deserved. Skate play simply does not belong in the NHL.

Now we have to hope the Ducks can respond. Ryan wasn't doing much recently anyways, so it might not hurt the top line that much. But it does hurt our depth.

Isn't Palmieri a RW? Who would shift to LW if he were tried out on the top line?

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
2 games is what I expected, and well deserved. Skate play simply does not belong in the NHL.

Now we have to hope the Ducks can respond. Ryan wasn't doing much recently anyways, so it might not hurt the top line that much. But it does hurt our depth.

Isn't Palmieri a RW? Who would shift to LW if he were tried out on the top line?
Palmieri.

Old
04-17-2011, 08:27 PM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Because the league isn't as serious about head-shots as they say they are, even when a concussion occurs. They'd rather worry about odd plays like a "stomp" that does not cause injury.
...you can point things out all day that you think the league has done right and wrong in the past, and it still doesn't make this offense by Ryan any more justifiable.

Most plays that cause concussions can at least be considered "hockey plays" or "checking" in a sense. Often times, concussions are just the result of hits gone wrong...

Stepping on a guys skate is never right, and there's never any sort of argument for why it should or should not be considered a dirty play, unlike plays that lead to concussions...

I'm sure it's something Bobby regretted instantly, and is something he'll learn from.

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:03 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
...you can point things out all day that you think the league has done right and wrong in the past, and it still doesn't make this offense by Ryan any more justifiable.

Most plays that cause concussions can at least be considered "hockey plays" or "checking" in a sense. Often times, concussions are just the result of hits gone wrong...

Stepping on a guys skate is never right, and there's never any sort of argument for why it should or should not be considered a dirty play, unlike plays that lead to concussions...

I'm sure it's something Bobby regretted instantly, and is something he'll learn from.
I think he's more pointing out the fact that when suspendable things happen against the ducks it goes unnoticed but if it's a duck player doing it everyone tweets about it and all the fan boys come out and cry about how dirty the ducks are.

duckaroosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 10:05 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post

If Ryan got two for stomping Chara should have gotten 15+ for the Max Pacioretty incident.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
If Ryan got two for stomping Chara should have gotten 15+ for the Max Pacioretty incident.
I actually agree with zero for Chara. Bobby has put at least 2-3 players into our turnbuckle over the last 2 seasons, then even use it for the Bumps and Bruises segment. Montreal just needs to use some of the ridiculous amounts of cash they bring in to fix their damned arena so it's safe.

Old
04-18-2011, 10:19 AM
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011

I don't know if this was posted already but just in case it wasn't:

Quote:
You cannot use your skate blade as a weapon, you can't even use it to get a puck loose, which is what Bobby Ryan was doing.

The only reason this was not a more significant suspension in the area of Chris Pronger's eight games or Chris Simon's 30 games both for stomping on an opponent is because the puck was there and he was trying to free it up.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=362567

S.S. Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote