HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Changes You Would Make to our Gameday Production?

Old
04-17-2011, 01:41 AM
Kekumba

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
They took it away for a while at the start of the 08/09 season. It didn't go over too well and they brought it back shortly after. Thank god, the music they had instead was awful (Rev Theory - Hell Yeah, I think it was called).

Kekumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 01:43 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Troll time! NEW GOAL HORN!

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 01:58 AM
SilverSeven

Get a real organ, or at least the facade of one, and use almost exclusively organ music in stoppages.

Bring back the full Sens theme for all intros of the team.

Get a new scoreboard.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 02:02 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekumba View Post
Hard to bring something back that's already there.
It isnt there. They rarely play the full thing, they do the drums up until they step on the ice, then usually switch to some top 40 crap.

And to the guy that said turn up the music...thats one of the biggest issues. Anytime the crowd gets going they are drowned out by music. Turn down the music, or just turn it off. Have an organ...and the Sens theme....and the crowd.

Old
04-17-2011, 02:32 AM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba

Oh and yeah, they should turn the goal horn down just a bit....just a bit.

Kekumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 07:45 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
The thing that a couple of you are 100% right about is the awful awful bright lighting. It is so ****ing bright in there, I think it affects the players too. Look at the MSG (a little too dark) and the ACC. The games just look better when they are played at those arenas. SBC is like you're looking at the game while squinting because of the sun in your face.

The second biggest thing is to GET A NEW ****ING SCOREBOARD. Hopefully they have dressed this for next year.

Enough with the alternative/metal (some). I don't care if it's supposed to pump the players out, I'm tired of hearing Linkin Park before and during the games.

I really do hate SBC and I think that creates a lot of the negative atmosphere (how the seating is set up for example).
No its not like the sun in your face not even close does it beeing bright effect players it may to a degree but if you have it to dim it will aslo affects players.No arena is perfect the scotia bank place has its draw back but so does every single arena in the league.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Tuna99

1. New Anthem Singer
2. Get Hot Chicks to dance in booty shorts where you line up for beer during the intermissions like they have in Montreal - it's just hot chicks dancing in booty shorts.
3. Real Organ
4. Bring back John E Shaka
5. Have a staidum wide prayer for Alfie before every game, anybody who disrespects it get the shyte beat out of them.

Tuna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:14 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
1. New Anthem Singer
2. Get Hot Chicks to dance in booty shorts where you line up for beer during the intermissions like they have in Montreal - it's just hot chicks dancing in booty shorts.
3. Real Organ
5. Have a staidum wide prayer for Alfie before every game, anybody who disrespects it get the shyte beat out of them.
Ottawa has one of the best anttehm singer in the league and you want a new one.

Old
04-17-2011, 09:16 AM
JustinYS

Keep the Constable! He's great. When I listen to other teams' anthem singers sing, I just shake my head in disapproval.

JustinYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
I can't stand Lyndon Slewedge or his little salute kiss at the end. I undertsand people like him so maybe give him 5 games a year, just hopefully not the ones I am at.

I think we can do better, I also think he is a curse to the team, just me being superstitious but in playoff games his anthem singing doesn't get me going and his little kiss into the camera makes our stadium look amateur and soft imo.

Tuna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:23 AM
SilverSeven

The only anthem signer curse we have is Alanis Morissette. We havent won a single playoff game since she sang the anthem.

Old
04-17-2011, 10:21 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Quote:
1. New Anthem Singer
3. Real Organ
I think Jon E Shaka has to be in his 50's by now. If not he is damn close to it.

I also think a new anthem singer is a great idea. Lyndon Slewidge EVERY game is a little much. Has been for years. I'd definitely mix it up a bit.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Legend Killer

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...day+experience

Alot of this stuff was covered in this thread from awhile back...A few things I would like to see, and which I think would go over well are...

- DEFINATELY the marching band for every Fri-Sat-Sun game(preferably all), plus Leafs or Habs games...To drown out the non sens fans in the corridors...

- Keep Stuntman Stu, he does a good job, as somebody mentioned, a great member of the community

- Sens Intro for 2 mins before the players come out, 3-4 mins for rivalry & playoff games, that beat seems to get fans JACKED UP...

- As Ohhhh Franco mentioned, the music changed abit towards the end of the year for the better, maybe it had something to do with "tweetatthedeejay"?

- The new goal songs for "Jason Spezza" and "Bobby Butler" were great...

- A few games towards the end of the year there were breakdancers at the main entrance and they had quite a crowd, would be cool to see them around more often(not on the -20 days or colder)

- They upgraded the food selection last year, apparently that was the # 1 priority of fans...so they are listening...

- I would like to see local artists get a chance to make sens related murals or "grafitti" on the bare concrete walls that are above the concourse once you get to the top of the stairs...maybe hold a competition for space or something...get ppl interested...

- Ice girls would be good, other teams have them, why not us? Go to Moxies and snag a few servers...

- Montreal has cheerleaders and girls dancing in the hallways and they add a good atmosphere... Maybe a few cheerleaders wouldnt hurt(apparently when cheerleaders were mentioned in the other thread, it got derailed)

- BEAVER TAILS, either put up a shack outside the front doors, or have a stand inside, They are a huge part of Ottawa...

- Lastly, a New Scoreboard...maybe fans will get a chance to see a replay and actually know where the puck is, the intro's would be better, all sorts of good will come of it and it is on the radar... It just BETTER be in for the All Star Game..

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:04 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...day+experience

Alot of this stuff was covered in this thread from awhile back...A few things I would like to see, and which I think would go over well are...

- DEFINATELY the marching band for every Fri-Sat-Sun game(preferably all), plus Leafs or Habs games...To drown out the non sens fans in the corridors...

- Keep Stuntman Stu, he does a good job, as somebody mentioned, a great member of the community

- Sens Intro for 2 mins before the players come out, 3-4 mins for rivalry & playoff games, that beat seems to get fans JACKED UP...

- As Ohhhh Franco mentioned, the music changed abit towards the end of the year for the better, maybe it had something to do with "tweetatthedeejay"?
What's that?

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:22 AM
eyeno

The two best anthem singers in the whole NHL are in Ottawa and Vancouver.there legends honestly.Maybe have some change ups or have singers who dont know one or both anthems thats good entertainment. And the Zamboni drivers idea has merit.Gotta love threads like this ,perfect for a Sunday.

eyeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:33 AM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
What's that?
The DJ takes requests from fans on Twitter: @SenatorsDJ.

hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:38 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
The DJ takes requests from fans on Twitter: @SenatorsDJ.
ohhhh. I'll pitch in some songs

As for goals songs, I'd like to stick with only 1 song when the Senators score...

Back in the playoff days....

Going off board with this one, start playing it at 3:00min

I just want 1 song that can pump up the crowd on every goal

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:49 AM
SilverSeven

+10000000000000 to the marching band. They are AWESOME. Just gets an awesome vibe going and really pumps you up. Im sure they are dirt cheap to bring in.

Old
04-17-2011, 11:55 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Roger Doucet was a legend. Lyndon the faux cop and the fat guy in Vancouver are nowhere close to "legend" status.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Coco the Monkey*
T-Bone!

Quote:
Lydon Slewidge blows. He's milk that has been left out of the fridge for far too long.

Coco the Monkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Coco the Monkey*
T-Bone!

Quote:
No its not like the sun in your face not even close does it beeing bright effect players it may to a degree but if you have it to dim it will aslo affects players.No arena is perfect the scotia bank place has its draw back but so does every single arena in the league.
I don't think you understand exaggeration. Also, I can't understand you, why don't you use punctuation and stop running your sentences like you're Usain Bolt?

Coco the Monkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:52 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

A few things.
-Stuntman Stu is a HECK of a lot better than the last announcer we had, who consistently mispronounced names, too often said the wrong player entirely, and was always correcting himself. Not saying Stu is the best in the biz, but he's far from the worst.

-Does ANYONE have a real organ anymore? I thought the old Boston Gardens was the last one to have the full setup and live organ player. We have the guy up on the platform in the 300's with the keyboard. It would be very cool, but that's quite the project, which = $$$. I imagine the compromise is flipping the Casio to "Organ" setting.

-You can't replace the Timbits/ Shopping Cart Curling games with a lightshow, because Timbits/Carts generate ad revenue, and light show costs $. It's all about money coming in, not the other way around. The intermission stuff can certainly improve, though... it's just a matter of finding the right way to do it, but still make money off of it.

-Ice girls. Meh. Whatever. That's what football is for.

-Scoreboard? Check. Coming (hopefully sooner than later).

-They'll stop playing "Dynamite" for next year. Get used to a different pre-game song you'll be sick of by Home Game #20, though. They pick one and run with it for the whole year.

-Get rid of Lyndon? Really? He's in the top 5 or 6 anthem singers in the league. Let's concentrate on fixing what's broken, NOT what's already perfectly fine.

-I was talking to a few people in the Piping/Marching band a few weeks ago. Apparently they're set to come back next year, so to that.

And of course as usual, John Holmes shows up to disagree with almost everyone. On everything. So there's always that, it's like a universal constant I can set my watch to. Back to "ignore" you go.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Inkling
Proud to be a Mammal

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
I think Jon E Shaka has to be in his 50's by now. If not he is damn close to it.

I also think a new anthem singer is a great idea. Lyndon Slewidge EVERY game is a little much. Has been for years. I'd definitely mix it up a bit.
Jon E Shaka does the 67's games still.

I like Slewidge and think we're pretty lucky to have him. There are a lot of mediocre to bad anthem singers out there.

Inkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Dean Vernon

Replace Kimberly, preferably with someone who can speak english.

"Uh-now it's uh-time for some uh-sens uh-trivia-uh"

Dean Vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 07:00 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
I can't stand Lyndon Slewedge or his little salute kiss at the end. I undertsand people like him so maybe give him 5 games a year, just hopefully not the ones I am at.

I think we can do better, I also think he is a curse to the team, just me being superstitious but in playoff games his anthem singing doesn't get me going and his little kiss into the camera makes our stadium look amateur and soft imo.
Thats fine you don't like him but alot of people do as for his kiss i am not a big fan of that but i don't think its amateur.