HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Without Crosby, Jordan Staal thrives in new role for Penguins

Old
04-17-2011, 11:54 AM
JTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Then why, WHY would you want him spearheading the 2nd scoring line in lieu of Evgeni Malkin!? IT MAKES ZERO SENSE!

FYI, Malone was seeing quite a little bit of time on the 4th line.
Who cares where Malone was seeing time at? Fact is, he's been one of TB's most dominant forwards in this series. He's a horse that is nearly impossible to move when he gets position, in a top 6 role.

I'm not going to get into this with you again, because you'll never understand. It's not worth even wasting the keystrokes on you. I've went over this ad nauseum, and you just mince words and speak in hyperbole. "Why don't we just replace Crosby with Craig Adams?!?!?" I'm still chuckling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_is_BACK!! View Post
And I'd be fine with that if he hadn't been a whiny brat that insisted on Top Six time when he's clearly not worthy of it.
Wait...who was a whiny brat that insisted on top 6 time?

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 02:36 PM
TravisUlrich

I'd like to see Staal develop his inner Holmstrom.

TravisUlrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 02:51 PM
mpp9

I still don't think tampa is that great of a team. That's the sole reason why I still have faith after game 2. They basically were montreal in how they took advantage of every scoring chance available. Big difference between those two teams though is that they have an aging vet in net who can be worn down over a 7 game series with 40+ shots thrown at him game in game out, as well as nowhere near the shotblocking and D structure required to hold our forwards to the perimeter.

We played an awful game, an awful game and it was still up for grabs midway through.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Florentino Ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_is_BACK!! View Post
And I'd be fine with that if he hadn't been a whiny brat that insisted on Top Six time when he's clearly not worthy of it.
Is this a joke?

Florentino Ariza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 03:12 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisUlrich View Post
I'd like to see Staal develop his inner Holmstrom.
It would be pretty nice to see Staal turn into one of those Getzlaf type centers who are just so big, and so strong, that they are pretty much impossible to handle 1 on 1.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Ugene Malkin
****!

Quote:
Then why, WHY would you want him spearheading the 2nd scoring line in lieu of Evgeni Malkin!? IT MAKES ZERO SENSE!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Try looking in the many Staal threads created and you'll get your answer.

Broken record is getting tired out, please stop playing me.

Hint: Malkin is spearheading the line no matter where he's at.

Hint #2: Staal "can" provide a Malone type of production from the center position. Being insulated by Neal or Kunitz & Malkin and "will" be beneficial for all concerned.

Hint #3: Malkin has proved it doesn't matter if he plays RW and I hate to ask this, but you have failed to prove one ounce of credibility otherwise.

What proof do you have that Staal can't center a Malkin based line?

Using only a couple sentences or a short paragraph without using the current situation with a full healthy lineup intact. Staal and Malkin played two games together with Staal as Malkins center.

No dancing around the question with using a second line based on a Neal, Malkin, Kovalev type set up and the team is better served with Staal at 3rd line C.

"Reread bold"

Go!

Quote:
FYI, Malone was seeing quite a little bit of time on the 4th line.
Maybe you need to research that a little bit more before you post this stuff. Malone has been dogged by injuries, especially the last couple seasons.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Iffyiffiffer
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
I still don't think tampa is that great of a team. That's the sole reason why I still have faith after game 2. They basically were montreal in how they took advantage of every scoring chance available.
They were Montreal? They were the opposite in game 1. The only difference was Fleury stopped their chances in game 1 and didn't in game 2. I don't really see how the rest of the team played so much differently. You're just looking at the end result.

We could have been down 3-0 and probably should have been in game 1 in the first period too.

Last edited by Iffyiffiffer: 04-17-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: grammar error
Iffyiffiffer is offline   Reply With Quote