HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal: Swap with Phoenix

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2005, 10:14 AM
ajsonor

vCash: 500
Proposal: Swap with Phoenix

Phoenix has 5 D-men under contract and Paul Mara and Derek Morris are RFAs. I don't know if they have any interest in Marty, but I might be interested in letting them take a shot at Mika if we we're able to bring back a solid return.

I look at them having to RFA and would be happy with either as they are both young and talented, but the salaries of Cale Hulse and Denis Gauthier are pretty good at just 1,140-1,300,000.

I guess the question is does Phoenix have any interest in our goaltending assets, or would they just pick up a UFA for a couple years until their young talent emerges in net?

Old
08-08-2005, 11:08 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
I've always loved Derek Morris, Biron wouldn't be enough to get him though.

Old
08-08-2005, 01:36 PM
ajsonor

I believe that our frustration with Marty leads us to unvervalue him. Remember what Sean Burke brought Phoenix last year?

I've had some conversations at the Lightning board, and they are torn between him being a 1a or a 1b goaltender, but they believe that he'd start in front of John Grahame. Nobody there thinks he's a number 2. They think his stats are on par with Khabibulin and that he played behind a poor team and still managed to acculumulate decent stats. While they wouldn't want to part with a top 4 d-men, they think highly of him and people threw out Dany Boyle's name due to his contract status and situation when compared to someone like Sarich.

I think that if Darcy uses the goaltender option, the goaltender will be able to bring in a suprising return whether it is Marty or Mika.

Old
08-08-2005, 03:35 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Holy Triple Post, Batman!

As far as a Biron to Phoenix trade, I wouldn't mind seeing Hulse + a pick in return, or somehow fanagle Mara out of there. Too bad we can't offer Gratton again.

EDIT: In case anyone actually cares, I did pass post 100. Yay me.

Last edited by BackGroundMusic: 08-08-2005 at 04:28 PM.
Old
08-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsonor
I believe that our frustration with Marty leads us to unvervalue him. Remember what Sean Burke brought Phoenix last year?

I've had some conversations at the Lightning board, and they are torn between him being a 1a or a 1b goaltender, but they believe that he'd start in front of John Grahame. Nobody there thinks he's a number 2. They think his stats are on par with Khabibulin and that he played behind a poor team and still managed to acculumulate decent stats. While they wouldn't want to part with a top 4 d-men, they think highly of him and people threw out Dany Boyle's name due to his contract status and situation when compared to someone like Sarich.

I think that if Darcy uses the goaltender option, the goaltender will be able to bring in a suprising return whether it is Marty or Mika.
Biron+Kotalik for Boyle. please Darcy

Old
08-08-2005, 09:39 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsonor

young and mid age goaltenders have not gotten very good return around the league over the past several seasons

Old
08-08-2005, 11:11 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Boyle to me seems like just a slightly better version of Elmore or Campbell. I don't think it'd be a good idea because he's undersized and is only marginal in his own zone.

Old
08-09-2005, 08:21 AM
ajsonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous
Boyle to me seems like just a slightly better version of Elmore or Campbell. I don't think it'd be a good idea because he's undersized and is only marginal in his own zone.
True, but their fans are willing to talk about him, and he's considered a top-4, d-men who played an important run on the CUP winning team. Just adding emphasis to my point that Marty has more value than we believe.

Old
08-09-2005, 08:43 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Boyle's appealing like someone looking at Woolley from outside the Sabres when they were making their deep playoff runs. He's a good puck mover and in a league talking about making skating and puck control important again, that is worth something.

08-09-2005, 05:55 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

phil sauve just got dealt for a 7th rounder

thanks pierre, big help

Closed Thread