HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brendan Witt?

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Mxpunk

vCash: 500
Brendan Witt?

A few posters have suggested the Kings need a tough, physical defenseman...According to this article, Witt has asked to be traded to a contender, and the Caps have agreed (according to Spector)....Think he's worth a shot?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...080801548.html

Old
08-09-2005, 11:39 AM
guzmania

Over on the trade rumors board several of our guys have already said he's not their cup of tea. I'm not sure I'm with them, it all depends on what Washington wants. Corvo and our 4th in 06-how's that? For us it solves several problems-Corvos developement and problems off ice-gets us a more than decent Dman. Bottom line if it doesn't cost us too much-pull the trigger. Someone will probably offer more.

19 BRENDAN WITT D 6.02 219 lbs. 02/20/1975 HUMBOLDT, SK, CAN

gp72

g2

a10

pts12

+/- -22

pm123

Another site lists him at 235 lbs

Old
08-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Matt13

Matty/Vish
Miller/Demps
Witt/Gleason

would be pretty nice.

Old
08-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

I would love to have him here in LA...he's a tough d-man who's only 30. Of course, every team in the league would probably like him on their team as well.

If he could be had for a prospect and a couple mid range picks, that would be nice.

Old
08-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Matt13

Come to think of it, with the loss of Miller and or Matty next season, this would be a solid pickup for the future.

Old
08-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Sleestak

C'mon guys, he said he wants to be traded to a contender, so that rules out the Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk
A few posters have suggested the Kings need a tough, physical defenseman...According to this article, Witt has asked to be traded to a contender, and the Caps have agreed (according to Spector)....Think he's worth a shot?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...080801548.html

Old
08-09-2005, 12:26 PM
B-MEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestak
C'mon guys, he said he wants to be traded to a contender, so that rules out the Kings!

in actuality, I would offer this:

Miller for Witt

Why trade stay at home for stay at home? Because
1) Witt is 1/2 the cost and the same type of player
2) Witt is younger and less injury prone
3) The capitals need to increase their salary, they are still below the league
minimum.

BUT I would like to increase the offer to get Semin from the Caps too. he was suspended by the Caps for not reporting to the AHL during the lockout. Very good LW Russian.

Old
08-09-2005, 12:33 PM
guzmania

Quote:
C'mon guy how can you possibly know we're not a contender. I think we are a contender. I would say we were a contender in 03/04 without injuries. I suggest finding another team or sport or hobby. If your glass is upside down it will never be half full or half empty.

Old
08-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Johnny Utah

I would love Witt, he is just what the Kings need.

In terms of being a contender, I don't know if you can even call the Leafs and Wings contendors with all the missing pieces of there rosters now. Philly is the only sure bet, Tampa needs a goalie, Detroit needs to sign about 3-4 players (including there own) the Leafs are a mess until they add some scoring. The Av's look like crap on paper. I think Witt just wants to go to a winning team, actually, any team besides the Caps.

Old
08-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Venom_17

Witt would be nice here. Pitt could also be considered a contender now. Maybe San Jose, Calgary, New Jersey, Philly, Ottawa for sure. Ottawa has to be the favorite as of right now. I would say we are in the top 8-10 teams with the moves we've made and the dead weight we have cut.

Old
08-09-2005, 04:20 PM
guzmania

Here's the thing about all those contender places, they are either set defensively, (or they wouldn't be contenders), and/or they are out of cap-room to fit Witt. Teams like the Leafs, Avs, Wings, Sens, Isles, Bruins, and the Flyers are too strapped down cap-wise either from existing contacts or the need to sign RFAs. The thing is we may not be 1st choice but we may be one of the best of the remaining choices. Maybe his choices are The Preds, the Thrash, the Yotes, the Kings, maybe Sharks or Flames or Panthers.

Old
08-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
I would love Witt, he is just what the Kings need.

In terms of being a contender, I don't know if you can even call the Leafs and Wings contendors with all the missing pieces of there rosters now. Philly is the only sure bet, Tampa needs a goalie, Detroit needs to sign about 3-4 players (including there own) the Leafs are a mess until they add some scoring. The Av's look like crap on paper. I think Witt just wants to go to a winning team, actually, any team besides the Caps.

Please stop making sense before Sleestak reads this.

Old
08-09-2005, 05:26 PM
swinginutter*

I don't know what Witt makes, but he'd be a great replacement for Miller or Corvo or both. We need somebody back there that's willing to drop em'. Right now we have ZERO!
As for a contender? Like "Utah" said........any team will do. He just wants out of that ***** hole! I'd be livid right now if I were a Caps fan.

Old
08-09-2005, 05:42 PM
swinginutter*

Ok. B.Witt makes about 1.6 million. You move Miller in the other direction you save a million. You move Corvo in the other direction you add about 1 million. The Kings stated publicly, that they needed a tough stay at home defenseman. Here's your guy.................make it the ***** happen...........please. He's just the kind of scum we need back there.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_b...99&hubName=WSH

Old
08-09-2005, 06:56 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
You should really think about changing your name to Mr. Negative. I don't think I've ever seen you post anything even remotely positive.

Closed Thread