HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hungry Habs Ribs beat Thirsty Bruins, call 911 Habs lead series 2-0

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2011, 08:22 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaix View Post
Wow, after blaming:
  • Julien
  • Refs
  • Owner
  • GM
  • Chara not playing

Bruins fans are now blaming it on their avatars. Take a look at their board, most 911 avatars are gone... Hahaha, love the excuses.

Keep it up boys, 2 more games to win!
lol that and habs are not doing good enough; thought this was funny post on bruins board
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
With a shakey goalie and 5 horrible Dmen, Montreal must be the worst offensive team in league history with only 5 goals in two games.

Old
04-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Alaix
I believe.

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
lol that and habs are not doing good enough; thought this was funny post on bruins board
1 goal in 2 games > 5 goals in 2 games...

Kids these days suck at maths....

Old
04-17-2011, 08:38 PM
JHabs61

I just hope the boys don't get to cocky. It doesn't look like it, but lets just hope the Bruins don't turn this around...

Old
04-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Kriss E

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/318307.html

What I find a bit peculiar is that none of the Bruins give any type of credit to the Habs.
It seems that they feel they are committing a bunch of unforced errors which cost them those two games.

When you fail to even acknowledge good things from your opponents then how will you go about countering the problems?
PO hockey is all about adaptation. How do you respond and adapt to your opponent. If the Bruins can't even admit give an ounce of credit to their opponent, then how can they possibly adapt accordingly?

If I were a Bruins fan, I'd want to hear the coach say ''we have to credit Mtl, they have played a great shutdown game. We can cycle the puck in their zone for 5min, if they block all the shooting/passing lanes and limit our shots from the outside, then we won't score much.''

I just don't feel like the Bruins respect us, at all. They feel they've played well and made some unforced errors that caused them those two games. If they truly feel as so, I'm fully confident they will lose this series. If they can't make the proper adjustments for tomorrow, I don't even think they will win tomorrow.

Old
04-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

What I find a bit peculiar is that none of the Bruins give any type of credit to the Habs.
It seems that they feel they are committing a bunch of unforced errors which cost them those two games.

When you fail to even acknowledge good things from your opponents then how will you go about countering the problems?
PO hockey is all about adaptation. How do you respond and adapt to your opponent. If the Bruins can't even admit give an ounce of credit to their opponent, then how can they possibly adapt accordingly?

If I were a Bruins fan, I'd want to hear the coach say ''we have to credit Mtl, they have played a great shutdown game. We can cycle the puck in their zone for 5min, if they block all the shooting/passing lanes and limit our shots from the outside, then we won't score much.''

I just don't feel like the Bruins respect us, at all. They feel they've played well and made some unforced errors that caused them those two games. If they truly feel as so, I'm fully confident they will lose this series. If they can't make the proper adjustments for tomorrow, I don't even think they will win tomorrow.
Actually I saw where Lucie was giving Habs players credit in another article. Funny of all the guys I would expect it from it was him.

Old
04-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Montreal4Life

vCash: 3978
Quote:

Which makes beating them all that much sweater

Old
04-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Not if you saw him up close. He looked incredibly pale, and barely had any energy in the warm up. I'm not a Chara fan, but I have to give him credit for even suiting up.

I was actually surprised when I saw Andrei wasn't playing. Has there been any news on how he's doing?
I was just kidding... really. It's a dig at Mark Recchi.

I'm just really enjoying this right now. Man I hope we can pull off the sweep.

Old
04-17-2011, 08:55 PM
habtastic

I remember hearing somewhere that during their 20 min post-game meeting, they were "brutally honest" with themselves. I think they are learning. Hopefully they don't adapt and if they do, that we do too.

Old
04-17-2011, 08:57 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../18024911.html

Didn't feel like starting a new thread considering it was about last night so I thought I would post this here.

Good article about the Habs commitment to the system by keeping their shifts short, unlike the Bruins who are relatively staying out much longer. This is an underappreciated stat imo and will serve the team well especially late in the game.

Old
04-17-2011, 09:06 PM
RE-HABS

As important as the 2 road victories are, the win in game three is the most important in this series for the Habs.

A series at 2-1 allows a team to get back into it quite fast, being down 3-0 doesn't eliminate a team, but it puts their backs up against the wall. Making them have to play mistake free hockey for 4 games straight to win, that is something Montreal needs to make sure they do in a win tomorrow.

Stay the course, stick to the game plan and win!

Old
04-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Krautso

Quote:

Are you really that surprised by their response? They have to make the defeats about them and their play instead of giving credit. I'd expect the habs to do the same. They have to feel that they are losing due to their mistakes because they have the ability to correct them. If they say "montreal played better and we just hope they dont continue to play better than us.." then they are done.

Old
04-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Chuck Lefley*

The reason for success is quite simple: organizational philosophy.

The Habs are built on skill,speed,character, determination and sacrifice. They block shots and have such incredible focus that they have capitalized on virtually every break they have got.

The Bruins are built on brawn,thuggery and have a serious lack of character. They are the epitome of a fragile team and their historic failure from last year seems to magnify their problems. Boston is not blocking shots and not very focused.

Every trait a player or coach has is essentially a "coin" with two sides.

Confidence to one person is swagger and to another-cockiness.

playing with an "edge" is either reckless/dirty or imposing and dominating.

People on these boards love to bash Martin for being calm,composed (some say emotionless). Contrast this with Julien and his pathetic meltdown and lack of composure.

Gainey and Gauthier built this team for the playoffs. They are loaded with 5 Cup winners and others who play with poise and control. They have a 5'7" captain who is a proven winner because he has to fight for every inch of ice he gets. They chose a franchise goalie who has learned from adversity and is still on a trajectory of increased maturity every game.

Chiarelli has built this team around a goalie who can't show up for big games, a 6'9" captain who is 0-7 in career playoff game 7's and a bunch of barely controllable clowns (Lucic,Horton,Campbell) who cannot bring their circus of thuggery to the playoffs.

This year's Habs have the potential to go deep, especially since it looks as though they will avoid a lengthy series in Round one. This allows them to rest their veterans and re-charge for round two.

The current Habs are so much like how Bob Gainey played: tremendous effort, execution, effectiveness. A true winner. A 6 time Stanley Cup Champion

The current Bruins are a lot like Cam Neely/SeaBass. Overly emotional,erratic,bitter,angry,nasty. Oh...I forgot....0 Cups.

Old
04-17-2011, 09:51 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:

Same junk when we beat Washington, then Pittsburgh. From a favourite's perspective, it's hard to grasp the idea that the underdog is actually the better team. Therefore, they blame their shortcomings for their losses.

Old
04-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:

This is normal especially in the playoffs. You didnt see boudreau heaping praise on the habs last year, or even bylsma... and you definitely come barking up the wrong tree if you think crosby is going to give you credit.

I will say that recchi actually did give the habs credit for their structure after game 2, but in general, teams get so focused on what they need to do in order to win that they dont really have a positive comment for the opposition.

Old
04-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post
Are you really that surprised by their response? They have to make the defeats about them and their play instead of giving credit. I'd expect the habs to do the same. They have to feel that they are losing due to their mistakes because they have the ability to correct them. If they say "montreal played better and we just hope they dont continue to play better than us.." then they are done.
Sure, I understand this, but you also have to acknowledge your opponent's play.
Maybe I still have the Julien comment in my head after game 1, where he said he felt they dominated them. It sounds very much like the speech the Caps and Pens held last POs.

Old
04-17-2011, 10:00 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post

Oh nice, I hope my wife doesn't read this, since she's a blond.

I was about 20 rows up from the benches surrounded by guys in Bruins jerseys.
were you wearing a kneck brace? did you see a hab fan wearing one? I'm sure he got heat for that.

Old
04-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Chuck Lefley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
how fast can you recover from dehydration?
It really depends, it is likely a symptom of some other systemic illness. Could be the flu or it could be another viral illness. Julien made a big mistake before the game by saying that unless told by the doctors Chara would be playing. That puts a lot of pressure on people (other than Julien) namely Chara and/or the medical staff.

I find this all very ironic because some of the Bruins fans are questioning his intestinal fortitude. Add to this that Chara is a career playoff choker and things can get really interesting.

Some of the Chara apologists talk about how he played in the past with a dislocated finger and a dislocated shoulder. The libne for those injuries forms to the left this time of year.

These are likely the same apologists who believe that Pacioretty's injury was embellished.

As a board-certified neurologist, it really disgusted me seeing so much misinformation and outright distortions of the truth. I have never banned a patient from going to a movie. The boredom of concussion recovery is unbelievable.

Martin should have been reprimanded for even venturing a guess as to when he could be back. Notice how all that talk has died down?

Let's not compare Chara with Saku Koivu coming back from a near-fatal battle with cancer.

Old
04-17-2011, 10:08 PM
habtastic

Man oh man, please please please win tomorrow boys so I can return to a moderate level of productivity. I cannot afford to be on the boards and checking every possible reason to project the next game. Two games between games 3 and 4. GO HABS GO! (surprised we don't have a GDT thread yet by our standards).

Old
04-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

A SCOOP!!!

Everyone saw Cam Neely leave Peter Chiarelli in a hurry after Game 2. What most folks don't know is that Neely put his old gear on, then went to meet Claude Julien to have a civilized meeting and discuss strategy and adjustments for the remainder of the series against the Habs.

Julien took it like a man - Jacques Martin style.

Old
04-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Franky Gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory Be The Habs View Post
It really depends, it is likely a symptom of some other systemic illness. Could be the flu or it could be another viral illness. Julien made a big mistake before the game by saying that unless told by the doctors Chara would be playing. That puts a lot of pressure on people (other than Julien) namely Chara and/or the medical staff.

I find this all very ironic because some of the Bruins fans are questioning his intestinal fortitude. Add to this that Chara is a career playoff choker and things can get really interesting.

Some of the Chara apologists talk about how he played in the past with a dislocated finger and a dislocated shoulder. The libne for those injuries forms to the left this time of year.

These are likely the same apologists who believe that Pacioretty's injury was embellished.

As a board-certified neurologist, it really disgusted me seeing so much misinformation and outright distortions of the truth. I have never banned a patient from going to a movie. The boredom of concussion recovery is unbelievable.

Martin should have been reprimanded for even venturing a guess as to when he could be back. Notice how all that talk has died down?

Let's not compare Chara with Saku Koivu coming back from a near-fatal battle with cancer.
Interesting that your diagnosis might be the flu because apparently, it has it the Bruins' locker room.

Old
04-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Teufelsdreck

The Bruins "flu" bruited about over the internet and in the columns has been identified. In hockey jargon it's referred to as an "upper body injury," and specifically a "lower head injury." We know better. The bug belongs to the CH virus family and the CH in this case doesn't stand for "CHara."

Old
04-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Newhabfan

Quote:

It's part of the "Ecology of the loser"

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/2/14/ (apologies if the link is not permitted)

"A squirrel could have beaten me"

Old
04-18-2011, 12:20 AM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Actually I saw where Lucie was giving Habs players credit in another article. Funny of all the guys I would expect it from it was him.
I may be committing treason here, but despite how I hate Lucic's thuggery and goon antics on the ice, from what I've seen in interviews, he's a very, very likeable guy. Almost Thomas-esque.

Old
04-18-2011, 12:36 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Same junk when we beat Washington, then Pittsburgh. From a favourite's perspective, it's hard to grasp the idea that the underdog is actually the better team. Therefore, they blame their shortcomings for their losses.
To be fair to Washington though, you can't blame them when we're facing elimination and Halak stones them on a night where he stops a billion shots and we walk away with the win. That was just ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
unless the fans are going to jump him, I think he will be fine.

This is what Chara will say to Gionta tomottow:

This is ironic for so many reasons.

- The Bruins fan chooses the losing boxer (Drago) to symbolically represent his team
- Drago is 7 ft tall but can't speak in full sentences and is brain damaged (probably due to lack of hydration)
- Drago kills Rocky's friend so Rock avenges this loss by kicking Drago's ass
- Drago is heavily favoured but still loses
- Drago's home fans turn against him and walk out
- Drago loses to a rope a dope strategy

The only thing missing here is Dr. Mark Recchi in his clown suit.

Ivan Drago is the prototypical character who chokes when it really matters. He's actually a perfect example of what's happened to the Bruins so far in this series. Big, dumb overconfident and a total failure.

I can't prove this... but I'm pretty sure that Ivan Drago is a Bruins fan.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 04-18-2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old
04-18-2011, 02:31 AM
GoHomez

Chara's got the "Habs flu", not yet as talked about as the Philly Flu in the seventies, but it might be when this serie is over.

I'm glad I traded a couple of hours of sleep for game 2. I thought they played a solid road game, composed and hard working. Between the 2nd and the 3rd I remember I thought to myself, if they play like this for seven more periods this will be over by then. The thing is that right now, the Habs dont have to stress things, if they keep at it their chanses will come eventually. I dont think the Bruins are diciplined enough to successfully adopt a more cautios playing style.And so far the Habs has been really succesful capitalizing on the Bruins mistakes. And Price has been oh so solid, he makes it looks so easy and has been really good at redirection and smothering the puck as well as playing it outside of the crease.

I just wonder why the called Wisniewski's hit on Peverley and not Horton's on Subban, but that is a sidenote without importance, made me scratch my head though.

Keep it up Habs!

Closed Thread