HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does this newly constructed team...

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2005, 06:53 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
So yes I believe many will be careful about just how far they are willing to go and GM's sooner or later will be looking for D that are very mobile. The good coaches will find a way and I'm not sure that Renney is good but even if he is I don't know if he has a lot to work with.
No doubt that mobility will be necessary. But a team with 6 Poti's on defense is going to loose nightly. Mobile defense is all well and good and helpfull, however, most of the defensive teams will not allow their defensemen to do much travelling.

Old
08-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Laches

This newly constructed team lacks a lot of things.

I don't know about everyone else, but when I look at this roster, I do not see a good hockey team. As long as there are young guys playing and developing, that's fine with me. This team has actually regressed under Sather, something that nobody thought possible. It'll take a couple of years to fix things.

But this year could be ugly. I don't see how this team wins more than 25 games this year. We couldn't stop the opposition from scoring in the era when defense was king, I don't know how we're going to stop it under the new rules. The only way we're going to beat anyone is for Weekes to stand on his head while Jagr's line gives us just enough offense to win.

Old
08-09-2005, 07:52 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Were he and Dale Puriton separated at birth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERDIEHARD
Trevor Gillies is an animal on skates. If we ever had a problem I'm sure we would call up this guy to take care of business. He fought with Goddard several times last year and got the best of him most times. The only problem is that he has no skills.
maybe we could both of them on the ice to start the game on D. All we need is another Hanson brother.

Old
08-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
I've been saying it for awhile, but I troo think that Hollweg will be one of thsoe players that produces more in the NHL then in the minors..He has decent hands and decent speed to go along with his wrecking ball style..Playing with NHL calibre players, I see him scoring quite a few more Garbage and effrort goals. He should be a joy to watch....The only concer is his health, but he got thru the entire year last year without the recurrence of a head injury......

I used to think MUrray and Hollweg were kinda similar but Murray has been a huge disappointment....He gets into scrums and will fight anybody, but he hasn't really shown the huge hitting..Also, he takes way too many stupid penalties (like many Packers) and seems a bit short on the mental part of the game....ANd when I've seen him, he seems to cruise in big circles and not playing straight up and down...iBut there's stiull time...If he geos back to the grinding, board-playing, up and down winger he was before (or was supposed to be), he could hlep NY...
Didn't Schoenfield or someone else say that Hollweg already had established himself as one of the hardest hitters in the ahl? In that case send him after Crosby

Closed Thread