HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL Playoff Gm #3 : Monarchs Win Game 3; Holloway Hat Trick; Monarchs Lead Series 2-1

Old
04-17-2011, 07:42 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

vCash: 500
Schenn with an assist and a +3 for the game. Not bad.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Wow. Awesome job, Holloway!
I assume you didn't watch the game?

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 07:44 PM
GR81

I really hope Jonsey gets the nod in game 4... He's more than earned the opportunity.

Nice come back kids!

GR81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Holloway with three goals on four shots, 1 assist and a +4.

Schenn with an assist, +3 and 1 shot.

Last edited by Sydor25: 04-17-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old
04-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I assume you didn't watch the game?
Haha, no..no, I didn't.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
I think he will get a shot next training camp. If Smyth isn't bought out the top six on the Kings is set, but there are a lot of questions for the bottom 6 + spare forward.

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Brown

Clifford-xxx-Simmonds
xxx-Lewis-Westgarth
Parse-xxx

Richardson, Lewis, Simmonds, Doughty and Moller are RFA and Handzus, Harrold and Poni are UFA. Richardson may be let go for Schenn. Moller may be gone as well. Simmonds, Lewis and Doughty will be signed.
I think it's reasonable to expect the Kings to ice this lineup next season.

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Brown
Clifford-Richardson-Simmonds
Westgarth-Schenn-Lewis

The spare roster spot is down to a battle between Loktionov, Parse, Moller if he's not dealt or if he's even re-signed, Holloway, King and Nolan. And that's if the Kings don't sign anyone in the offseason. I just don't see where he's going to fit in the immediate future.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Wooshy
WE GOT THE CUP!

Holloway is automatic in the playoffs for Manchester. Let's not forget he tied the AHL record last year in the post season with 6 game winning goals.

Wooshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:04 PM
mbar

Anyplace to see highlights?

mbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Wooshy
WE GOT THE CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
I think they have them on AHLLive.com but they probably won't have them up until tomorrow. I'm not sure if theahl.com has video highlights or not.

Old
04-17-2011, 08:07 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
Probably won't be up until at least tomorrow.. Which sucks cuz I want to see them too

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:11 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

How was Mark Morris rolling his lines? My guess is

Holloway-Schenn-Kozun
King-Azevedo-Toffoli
Meckler-Elkins-Nolan
Clune-Kaunisto-Johnson

I might be completely off for the bottom 6. It's also nice to see Muzzin step it in clutch situations, he scored in game 2 to tie it up late and he tied it up tonight too!

Old
04-17-2011, 08:13 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

One interesting name is Robbie Czarnik. His team was eliminated last night or the night before and I think he actually stuck with Manchester for a little at the beginning of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if he was assigned to Manch and someone like Jordan Weal was sent to Ontario, to make room.

What's the word on M-A Cliche? does anyone know how long he'll be out for?

Old
04-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Wooshy
WE GOT THE CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
How was Mark Morris rolling his lines? My guess is

Holloway-Schenn-Kozun
King-Azevedo-Toffoli
Meckler-Elkins-Nolan
Clune-Kaunisto-Johnson

I might be completely off for the bottom 6. It's also nice to see Muzzin step it in clutch situations, he scored in game 2 to tie it up late and he tied it up tonight too!
He actually didn't seem to have the same lines throughout the game. Clune & Johnson didn't get much ice time later in the game. He was pretty much keeping the top 6-7 forwards on the ice as much as he could.

Old
04-17-2011, 08:16 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I think it's reasonable to expect the Kings to ice this lineup next season.

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Brown
Clifford-Richardson-Simmonds
Westgarth-Schenn-Lewis

The spare roster spot is down to a battle between Loktionov, Parse, Moller if he's not dealt or if he's even re-signed, Holloway, King and Nolan. And that's if the Kings don't sign anyone in the offseason. I just don't see where he's going to fit in the immediate future.
Schenn won't be on the 4th, he will be between Simmonds/Clifford. Richie might not be back next year, if he is, I see him with Lewis and Westgarth/13th forward.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:26 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
One interesting name is Robbie Czarnik. His team was eliminated last night or the night before and I think he actually stuck with Manchester for a little at the beginning of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if he was assigned to Manch and someone like Jordan Weal was sent to Ontario, to make room.

What's the word on M-A Cliche? does anyone know how long he'll be out for?
Cliche is gone for the rest of the season, he had thumb surgery several weeks ago.

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:30 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooshy View Post
He actually didn't seem to have the same lines throughout the game. Clune & Johnson didn't get much ice time later in the game. He was pretty much keeping the top 6-7 forwards on the ice as much as he could.
Ken Cail mentioned that no doubt Clune and Johnson weren't playing much in the third was due to the fact that they would end up with penalties, whether they were warranted or not.... I'd say that was pretty much on target.

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:33 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Wow that sucks about Cliche, he was the leader (obviously) of that team. Loktionov and Moller not being there is hurting them but this really shows how deep our system is. Nice to see these guys win and step up, especially coming from guys like Bud Holloway, who's literally worked his way up from ECHL to AHL. Hopefully he'll be making the NHL soon enough and get recognized by management

Old
04-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

I was disappointed that King got the call up earlier over Holloway. Holloway just scores big goals for the Monarchs.

Old
04-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Schenn won't be on the 4th, he will be between Simmonds/Clifford. Richie might not be back next year, if he is, I see him with Lewis and Westgarth/13th forward.
Richie is making $1 million and he is signed through next season. He will be back.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:39 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Richie is making $1 million and he is signed through next season. He will be back.
Richardson is a RFA again. Parse is signed for another year. Lewis, Moller, Simmonds, Martinez and Doughty are RFA too.

If Richardson is okay with being the 4th line/spare forward, then he might sign with LA. I think Lewis and Schenn are better options on the 3rd line right now. If Richardson is back, then I think Schenn starts in Manchester next season and would be the first option for injury call up.

Old
04-17-2011, 10:06 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Richardson is a RFA again. Parse is signed for another year. Lewis, Moller, Simmonds, Martinez and Doughty are RFA too.

If Richardson is okay with being the 4th line/spare forward, then he might sign with LA. I think Lewis and Schenn are better options on the 3rd line right now. If Richardson is back, then I think Schenn starts in Manchester next season and would be the first option for injury call up.
Lol I don't usually disagree with you but I have to in this particular case. Richardson is not a top 6 forward, he knows that his best situation is with the Kings. Out of that group of RFAs, the one guy I don't see us putting a tender on or re-signing is Moller or maybe even Marc-Andre Cliche. Zeiler is a UFA

Old
04-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I wouldn't be shocked to see Parse moved and Richie kept.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

ManchesterMonarchs.com Post-Game Story : = Hats Off in Comeback Win
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach MARK MORRIS, on Game 3 OT Comeback WIN:
"It was a thriller, walking back to the locker room after the first period felt like triple-bogeying the first hole, and in the end, we shot a round of par. Credit our guys with hanging in and chipping away at the job at hand, This young bunch was resilient and showed lots of heart making the comeback. It’s a hostile environment and it wasn’t an easy task to keep focused."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notables:
Right wing Bud Holloway's hat trick is only the second hat trick in the Monarchs playoff history; the first came nine years ago to the day, April 17, 2002, when right wing Adam Mair scored the franchise's first hat trick in the team's 6-2 win over the Hartford Wolf Pack in game three of the 2002 Calder Cup Eastern Conference Quarterfinals…Holloway now holds the Monarchs post-season record for goals as well as points, as his four-point performance this evening gives him 10 playoff goals alongside 19 points (10-11=19) in 19 games…In doing so, Holloway edged out the previous franchise records set by left wing Noah Clarke, who recorded nine goals and 17 points (9-8=17) in 35 games; Holloway accomplished the feat in 16 fewer games than Clarke…In addition to his three-goal performance, Holloway also recorded an assist on left wing Dwight King’s game-tying goal, making Holloway the fourth player in franchise post-season history to record four points in one game…The last player to accomplish the feat was right wing Alexandre Daigle against Hartford on April 25, 2006 in an 8-6 win…Holloway scored two goals in the second period, marking only the sixth time a Monarchs player has accomplished the feat in team post-season history…Center Trevor Lewis accomplished the feat twice during the 2010 Calder Cup Playoffs…Holloway’s overtime goal was the fastest such strike in post-season history for Manchester, breaking the record previously held by defenseman Viatcheslav Voynov, who scored 1:55 into overtime against Worcester on May 7, 2010…Holloway also extended his franchise record for game-winning goals in the post-season, with seven such markers to his credit…Defenseman David Kolomatis recorded two assists in the second period, the 12th such instance in Monarchs history where a Manchester skater has recorded two assists in one period during the playoffs…Defenseman Jake Muzzin scored his second third period goal in as many games this evening…Making his first professional post-season appearance, goaltender Martin Jones collected his first career playoff victory.

Last edited by Puck U: 04-17-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Absolutely. And it'd the right move.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Black Mamba

Quote:
This is what I'm hoping for. I'd be really bummed if we lost Richardson this off season. He is a great bottom-6 forward, knows the system well, has some great chemistry with the other bottom-6 forwards (especially Simmonds and Lewis), and hustles his ass off every game.

Black Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote