HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carrie Underwood - What should her presence be at games?

Old
04-17-2011, 10:14 PM
nine_inch_fang

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Carrie Underwood - What should her presence be at games?

I personally don't know about her career because I hate country music but is there really a hockey fan in (or around) Nashville that gives a **** about her?

Yet....

The Canadian media shows her on the broadcast whenever they have a chance though I have yet to see Mrs. Fisher on a Predators broadcast since Mr. Fisher was acquired. No wonder so many pro athletes, musicians, and actors choice to live in Nashville where people treat them like normal people.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 10:29 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

I love real country music. Don't know much about her.

Guess that says something about her musical style.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 10:30 PM
AEM6729

I think she must have made some kind of deal with the Preds, b/c she has NEVER been shown on the Jumbotron since Fisher was acquired, even though when I come home and see highlights on the news they sometimes show shots of her in a suite. Pretty sure she must've told the Preds people not to show her up there, she probably doesn't want the attention and doesn't want to distract from Fisher. I thought she'd sing the national anthem tonight for sure but then a friend made the point that she probably never will b/c she doesn't want to take away from Fisher at all...it'd be shots of her singing the anthem on ESPN instead of actual highlights, haha.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Fo Shea Shea

I flat out despise the ear poison that is country music, but I know who Carrie Underwood is. She won American Karaoke and is now she is singing ear poison, selling tons of records, and selling out arenas. Oh yeah, she is hot!

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Country music is surprisingly popular in Canada

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
I think she must have made some kind of deal with the Preds, b/c she has NEVER been shown on the Jumbotron since Fisher was acquired, even though when I come home and see highlights on the news they sometimes show shots of her in a suite. Pretty sure she must've told the Preds people not to show her up there, she probably doesn't want the attention and doesn't want to distract from Fisher. I thought she'd sing the national anthem tonight for sure but then a friend made the point that she probably never will b/c she doesn't want to take away from Fisher at all...it'd be shots of her singing the anthem on ESPN instead of actual highlights, haha.
I don't think it was Underwood going to the Preds, I believe it is specifically an organizational decision that the arena is Mike's place to star and showing Carrie would detract from Mike's efforts on the ice.

I do believe that we'll start seeing more of them as a couple after this season when they've been able to have a summer together knowing that they reside in the same home year-round (when not on the road), etc. However, this is the Predators season and Mike Fisher is a Nashville Predator and Carrie Underwood is simply a celebrity fan with an extra rooting interest IMO...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:05 PM
sooner

I think Carrie has mentioned in an interview asking them not to show her because she wants the attention on Mike and the team. She also knows the people in charge of the arena to make that happen. Mike joked sometime this year that she could get free tickets to games easier than he can.

Last edited by sooner: 04-17-2011 at 11:10 PM.
sooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:12 PM
hattrick3518

vCash: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fo Shea Shea View Post
I flat out despise the ear poison that is country music, but I know who Carrie Underwood is. She won American Karaoke and is now she is singing ear poison, selling tons of records, and selling out arenas. Oh yeah, she is hot!
Wait, you're from Nashville and hate country music? No way.

hattrick3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:40 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick3518 View Post
It is possible.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:43 AM
cleangene

To really think about, why disrupt "team chemistry"; Sully's wife (who IMO is a BEAUTIFUL looking lady also) or Leggy's, etc is never shown on the Megatron. She just happens to be a player's wife well-known in the entertainment community. Btw, kudos to Vince G's daughter who BROUGHT IT during the Anthem Sunday, AND to bringing back "Run This Town" as the updated intro music.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:40 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I think she gets shown just because a lot of outsiders watch games on TV and would like to see her for obvious reasons, and there will always be those people who don't know her and Fisher are married. I think it's good she doesn't want to be shown during games on the jumbotron also.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 08:38 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
versus managed to show her twice during the 90 seconds of highlights they showed of our game. they showed her first during the fight and then after he scored the gwg.

wonder if Kelly Pickler arranged for them to show that but not show Tootoos goal??

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 08:41 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

She was at a lot of games before they were married and wasn't shown much.

They can't show every country singer that shows up to the game.

Oh and for the outsiders. I'd guess most people from Nashville aren't big country music fans. It's like saying everyone from Vegas loves to gamble or that everyone from Detroit loves to kill people...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:03 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick3518 View Post
Do you imagine that people from Nashville just sit around in Wranglers and cowboy hats, chewing straw and listening to Carrie Underwood?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:23 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

1) Yes there is a country music industry in Nashville but also a budding hip hop industry as well.

2) Country is like wine, you some times grow to appreciate it.

3) Nashville doesn't really have a true identity. every time the world tries to label it they do their very best to shed it like a kid at picture time who wants to rip off the suit mom shoved him in.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 10:20 AM
deanwormer

I think showing the wives can be intrusive; the Preds generally don't do that and Mrs. Fisher/Ms. Underwood should be accorded that privacy, as well, regardless of her own personal fame.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:05 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
I think showing the wives can be intrusive; the Preds generally don't do that and Mrs. Fisher/Ms. Underwood should be accorded that privacy, as well, regardless of her own personal fame.
I agree and I think the Preds do... who was in charge of the camera last night? Pierre?

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 11:51 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
1) Yes there is a country music industry in Nashville but also a budding hip hop industry as well.

3) Nashville doesn't really have a true identity. every time the world tries to label it they do their very best to shed it like a kid at picture time who wants to rip off the suit mom shoved him in.
Let me add that while not technically "from Nashville" Yelawolf lived here for his junior high and high school days, attended Apollo and Antioch.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post

the rock scene as a hole has gotten better with the relocation of some artists to the area

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:17 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

Carrie 2

Read thru the first thread just to find it closed at the end. Please don't close this. Its in reference to Underwood but not a "babe thread".

Issue 1: Should the Preds show Carrie on the Tron every once in a while?

Yes.

Remember a few years ago when Taylor Swift was shown on the Tron (along with Carrie and Pickler). Swift ended up doing a commercial where see did her version of fan fingers. What the Preds were selling with Swift is the same thing they'd be selling with Underwood. "Cool"!!

Hockey fans LOVE hockey. Some general sports fans like hockey but not as much as the other major sports. People in general who only watch sports as an entertainment event, like you occasionally go to a movie, hardly notice hockey.

However, if Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood are going beserk watching a hockey game, and they come off as true fans, many non-sports fans who love Taylor and Carrie, or just love celebrities, will go see Pred hockey because its cool because Carrie and Taylor think its cool.

Remember the "Got Tickets?" campaign prior to Year 1 when we needed 12k full season tickets to get the franchise. Who was on the billboards on Pred jerseys with their front teeth blacked out? Nashville Celebrities. It was the Nashville Celebrity Elite dubbed hockey "Cool". It worked.

Showing Carrie on the highlights helps the Nashville Predator "brand" across the country. Whether it's Vince Gill, Taylor Swift, or Carrie Underwood, its part of what makes Smashville special and different from other markets.

Another reason to show her is, she's family. We shouldn't hide their marriage from pred fans. Showing her watching a game doesn't take away or distract from Mike Fisher. Fisher is more valuable as a hockey player because he's married to Carrie Underwood as opposed to being married to Josephine Schmoe. Its good all around. Sing the national anthem. Bring your celeb friends and lead the crowd in a cheer.

As a fan, I'm pissed when I have to watch highlights on NHL on the Fly to see Carrie, because they ban here from the Tron.

BTW, they always show here in a suite. Does anyone know what suite she sits in?

Free Carrie Underwood.

p.s. - Great guy who sits behind me used to rag on Fisher when he was in that slump after he first came over. Used to scream at him and call him "Underwood". Too funny.

ILikeItILoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:43 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
I sent a message to the mod asking why it was closed and if they even read the thread....no response yet.

This is another case where national media try to make fun of the hee haw fan base yet they care more about country stars in the crowd than we do. I don't think i've seen her on a local broadcast yet.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
I sent a message to the mod asking why it was closed and if they even read the thread....no response yet.

This is another case where national media try to make fun of the hee haw fan base yet they care more about country stars in the crowd than we do. I don't think i've seen her on a local broadcast yet.
Thanks for sending a message to the mod.

As far as her being on local broadcasts, she doesn't mean anything out of the ordinary to anyone in Nashville. Outsiders may want to see it because they're not used to it, but we don't really care. It's just like whenever the LA Lakers are on national TV they always make it a point to show the army of celebrities led by Jack Nicholson in the crowd, yet local TV doesn't show them because they don't care. Same deal with her in Nashville.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post

I don't know about the "hee haw" fan base remark. I think if it was any other celebrity his/her face would be up on that jumbo tron just as frequently. Anyone remember during the hawks playoff run last year where Vince Vaughn was shown maybe 3-4 times during the course of the game. If there's a celebrity in the house, you better believe they'll be found.

Last edited by Everlong: 04-18-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:57 PM
predfan98

Yea, a lot of us know what suite she's in.

Get a grip.

She shouldn't be shown on the jumbotron. She is a player's wife, not your amusement and not to be used for publicity.

I usually enjoy your remarks , but on this case , you're way out of line, imo. nothing personal. just leave her alone.

you want us to be PR ******, imo............and that is not what nashville is all about.

and thank goodness the predators organization knows it.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:57 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Won't bother me if they show her. You know what'll happen. Fans will cheer, she'll wave (Or dive behind cover), and the game will continue. Same thing that happens when they show Jeff Fisher, Tracy Lawrence, Rob Bironas, Randy Houser, Thompson Square, Vince Gill or whoever.

In the grand scheme of things I'm more concerned about the previous thread being closed for that flimsy reason than I am about whether or not Fisher's wife is shown at the games.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote