HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks recall F Cody Hodgson and F Victor Oreskovich [official]

Old
04-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat

vCash: 500
I just saw the hit for the first time. I had to check it out purely out of morbid curiosity after I heard about the one game suspension.

I've concluded that I am going to boycott soup. Campbell's in particular.

I can't boycott the NHL so this is how I am exercising my right to voice my displeasure.

NO SOUP FOR ME!!!

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 03:28 PM
The Big Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danrik View Post
You can't compare players from different eras. Players today spend hours in the gym, have the teams plan their diet and their sleep patterns tracked. You think Horton had that?
Yeah you just made my point for me - players today are just all around better. It's like comparing Commodore 64s to a modern computer. You might have a soft spot for the C64 but obviously a new macbook is a million times better.

I hear Horton had a pretty good bear hug, can Oreo develop that? Maybe if he watches enough grainy youtube video on message boards...

The Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
I don't mind trying him at wing so much, but if Hodgson is our 3rd line center for any number of games in the playoffs, we are utterly *****ed, IMO. He had trouble keeping up defensively centering the 4th line against much slower teams for crying out loud.

With Raymond playing as well as he has in that role, I think it would be completely stupid to take the risk there with Hodgson.

We talk about being prepared for the Hawks this time and no longer having the weaknesses that we did the past two years, but I see Hodgson (in the middle) as someone who would get completely eaten alive against them. Even if he were at NHL-speed (which he just barely is, if that), this is The Hawks we're talking about. Hell, I'm worried about Salo keeping up at this point.

If we're going to play him, please give him as little responsibility as possible.
Happily eating crow. He's like a completely different player out there.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Mudshark50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
I just saw the hit for the first time. I had to check it out purely out of morbid curiosity after I heard about the one game suspension.

I've concluded that I am going to boycott soup. Campbell's in particular.

I can't boycott the NHL so this is how I am exercising my right to voice my displeasure.

NO SOUP FOR ME!!!
Its painfully obvious to me that Campbell and the rest of the cronies in the NHL head office hand out extra games for speaking your mind and critizing them.

Mudshark50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 10:43 PM
The Big Foot

So is this the Cody thread again?

Looks like he'll draw back in for game three...unless Aaron Rome gets the call!

Old
04-17-2011, 10:52 PM
LeftCoast

vCash: 50
Yeah - Raymond hasn't played bad at centre, but he looks much better on the wing where is speed is able to back off the defense. With either Raymond or Hodgson, Kesler is going to take the defensive zone face offs and Lapierre will float up to that line when protecting a lead late in the 3rd.

Last edited by LeftCoast: 04-17-2011 at 11:58 PM.
LeftCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:22 PM
The Big Foot

^Sounds pretty good to me.

Glad we have Hodgson, he is what he is right now - not a "saviour", and not a bust. Just a hockey player. I think we can all agree that right now he is not the strongest player in his own end. But he does do some good things out there. He's on his way to becoming an NHLer, and I think this role he has right now as the 13th forward is perfect for him.

Old
04-18-2011, 03:14 AM
B-rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Foot View Post
^Sounds pretty good to me.

Glad we have Hodgson, he is what he is right now - not a "saviour", and not a bust. Just a hockey player. I think we can all agree that right now he is not the strongest player in his own end. But he does do some good things out there. He's on his way to becoming an NHLer, and I think this role he has right now as the 13th forward is perfect for him.
Well put.

B-rock is offline   Reply With Quote