HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hungry Habs Ribs beat Thirsty Bruins, call 911 Habs lead series 2-0

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2011, 07:17 AM
JesusPrice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price2Pleks View Post
I just hope the boys don't get to cocky. It doesn't look like it, but lets just hope the Bruins don't turn this around...
Thats the thing I thinking as well. Going back into Montreal, they need to make sure they can weather the initial onslaught because it will come and bad. Bruins could get back into it with a win so they need to be careful.

Old
04-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusPrice View Post
Thats the thing I thinking as well. Going back into Montreal, they need to make sure they can weather the initial onslaught because it will come and bad. Bruins could get back into it with a win so they need to be careful.
Why do you assume the Bruins will be the ones coming out strong tonight? I think it's the opposite. Habs at home in front of what should be an insane crowd will come out flying. If Thomas lets in an early goal again then look out...

Old
04-18-2011, 07:41 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/318307.html

What I find a bit peculiar is that none of the Bruins give any type of credit to the Habs.
It seems that they feel they are committing a bunch of unforced errors which cost them those two games.

When you fail to even acknowledge good things from your opponents then how will you go about countering the problems?
PO hockey is all about adaptation. How do you respond and adapt to your opponent. If the Bruins can't even admit give an ounce of credit to their opponent, then how can they possibly adapt accordingly?

If I were a Bruins fan, I'd want to hear the coach say ''we have to credit Mtl, they have played a great shutdown game. We can cycle the puck in their zone for 5min, if they block all the shooting/passing lanes and limit our shots from the outside, then we won't score much.''

I just don't feel like the Bruins respect us, at all. They feel they've played well and made some unforced errors that caused them those two games. If they truly feel as so, I'm fully confident they will lose this series. If they can't make the proper adjustments for tomorrow, I don't even think they will win tomorrow.
C'mon. If the situation were completely reversed fans here would demand that JM be accountable for his teams shortcomings and failures to at least give an indication he understands the problem. Bruins fans are not looking for the coach to heap praise on the opposition they want an outline of what he's going to do in the next 4-5 games to correct it. Completely understandable.

Old
04-18-2011, 08:08 AM
JHabs61

I can't find the GDT for today... I someone going to make one? I know usually someone would have make one yesterday

Old
04-18-2011, 09:08 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/318307.html

What I find a bit peculiar is that none of the Bruins give any type of credit to the Habs.
It seems that they feel they are committing a bunch of unforced errors which cost them those two games.

When you fail to even acknowledge good things from your opponents then how will you go about countering the problems?
PO hockey is all about adaptation. How do you respond and adapt to your opponent. If the Bruins can't even admit give an ounce of credit to their opponent, then how can they possibly adapt accordingly?

If I were a Bruins fan, I'd want to hear the coach say ''we have to credit Mtl, they have played a great shutdown game. We can cycle the puck in their zone for 5min, if they block all the shooting/passing lanes and limit our shots from the outside, then we won't score much.''

I just don't feel like the Bruins respect us, at all. They feel they've played well and made some unforced errors that caused them those two games. If they truly feel as so, I'm fully confident they will lose this series. If they can't make the proper adjustments for tomorrow, I don't even think they will win tomorrow.
Haha "played well" and "unforced errors" shouldn't even be said in the same sentence. It's like a walking contradiction. I can't believe how silly that sounds hearing it as a habs fan, if I were a Bruins fan I'd be furious that people are making this type of excuse.

Unforced error's is the definition of playing badly.

Old
04-18-2011, 09:10 AM
ChoseLa

I like how the Bruins are still merry, and have shown absolutly no will or thrive to turn the momentum. A sorry bunch of loosers.

Old
04-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusPrice View Post
I think we have the team the least likely to become cocky : we have a lot of leadership and they wouldn't let that fly. Just look at Cammy's quotes, or even Subban's interview after the game. If Subban is all business and not over enthusiastic, I doubt anyone in the locker room would be. It doesn't guarantee a win tonight, but our team has the right mindset.

Old
04-18-2011, 09:18 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Same junk when we beat Washington, then Pittsburgh. From a favourite's perspective, it's hard to grasp the idea that the underdog is actually the better team. Therefore, they blame their shortcomings for their losses.
Sometimes the 30th place team in the league just has the right coach or the right system that they beat the 1st place team all the time. Are they the better team? Technically no because they don't play a system that works against 80% of the teams but rather one that just so happens to work against the best team in the league.

The point is never be cocky when you're a 1st place team playing an 8th or so on. This is a sport where even the 8th place team can win the cup. Obviously an 8th place team hasn't ever won, but we all know it's come close to happening. We're talking a game 7 close. Obviously it can happen and will eventually happen. Now a days teams are so close in talent that the 8th place team really isn't that much worse off a team than the 1st, and if both teams are healthy it ultimately comes down to clutch players, the system and whose buying into it, and whether or not your coach can out-coach the opposition.

We have a solid coach for playoff hockey, a solid team for playoff hockey, we have depth more than people realize it. We're playing without our best two D but guess what, Subban is now one of our best two D, Gorges is a 3rd best D now. We lost our best offensive D too, but guess what, we traded for Wiz who can't make up for Markov as a whole but can certainly play well offensively.

We have smart management and good coaching, and we win games by playing our game, not by injuring opposing teams or gooning it up. That style is over now, this isn't the 70s anymore and it isn't going to work to win you a cup. Even guys like Byfuglien have talent, you need talented pests like PK and talented tough guys like Byfuglien to win cups, yes even guys like Lucic too, not scrubs who can't do **** like most of Boston's guys who aren't exactly playoff experts.

The day they injured Pacioretty and all the flood gates opened regarding him faking, Dr Recchi, all that stuff, they sealed their fate. From that day forward there wasn't even a chance Montreal would lose this series and I still don't think they will. Our team plays with heart and determination, we have winners on this team and people willing to sacrifice everything to win this series. They have maybe 1 line of people who play with that kind of heart, determination and even composure.

The Bruins were expecting a 6th place team, but what they got is the team that was built to dismantle them. Tonight will be no different mark my words.

Old
04-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I like how the Bruins are still merry, and have shown absolutly no will or thrive to turn the momentum. A sorry bunch of loosers.
There is 1 thing I'm really scared about. Bruins (including the coach) started the playoffs super cocky thinking they could beat us by out muscling us in our D zone. But, it hasn't even been close to that yet because although we are smaller, playoffs bring out he fiestyness in everybody and when guys get hit we shake it off and use our speed to jumpstart back in the play.

My fear is that they us their size and physicality not to beat us offensivelly but to shut our offense down. With a good position game the Habs could be in a lot of trouble. What remains to be seen is if Boston would actually execute suc a system. Horton and Lucic probably still think they can beat us in a playoff game simply by charging the net as if our D would just leave them there...

Old
04-18-2011, 12:11 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post

Because they know it's the coach head on the line. He has all the pressure.

Closed Thread