HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs-Bruins Series Discussion

View Poll Results: Series Prediction
Habs in 4 8 3.45%
Habs in 5 8 3.45%
Habs in 6 109 46.98%
Habs in 7 34 14.66%
Bruins in 4 8 3.45%
Bruins in 5 33 14.22%
Bruins in 6 28 12.07%
Bruins in 7 4 1.72%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-18-2011, 01:52 AM
HabsNation514

vCash: 500
Chara should give his captaincy to Chris Kelly (3rd line blue collar guy who has paid his dues, unlike big Z).

HabsNation514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 07:53 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNation514 View Post
If the Habs put Boston down 3-0, I don't care how they play in Game 4. I might even watch an NBA playoff game instead (jk). Just don't lose Game 3. Thanks.

This team is asking for trouble if the effort level in Game 3 is anything below what it was the last two games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
How can the game after the next game, ever be more important than the next game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Lyle View Post
We can analyze the importance of games to death, but at the end of the day, when it comes to the playoffs, the next game being played is always the most important one.
Yes every game is important, but in any given series, usually game 4 is the most important. Simply because for most matchups, odds are the series will be 2-1 before game 4 (majority of cases), it then becomes 2-2 or 3-1 after game 4, and here the difference is the most significant, as you're either gonna have to play a best of 3 series, or you'll have 3 games to get just one win.

Best example is last year against Philly, if Habs won the 4th game, they would've tied the series instead of being on the brink of elimination.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Bruins want to prove they can overcome a 0-3 deficit. Not the best plan...

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:20 AM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoned View Post
Bruins want to prove they can overcome a 0-3 deficit. Not the best plan...
Habs have proven they can overcome a 3-1 deficit. Not an advantage for the Bruins.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:44 AM
louisboi514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified View Post

More impressed by this, he is built like a brick **** house, hopefully he comes out like a house on fire tonight.
I hate those ridiculously Biased CBC broadcaster. right after this borderline interference clearly shoulder on shoulder hit "AWWRG IM A PISSED OFF MAPLE LEAFS FAN SINCE 1967 AND THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!! WHAT A DISGUSTING HIT BY ANDREI KOSTITSYN WHO "HAPPENS" TO PLAY FOR AN ORGANIZATION WHO'S SUCCESS I AM TOTALLY JEALOUS OF!" - That being said: haters gonna hate

louisboi514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:49 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
Question.

I've been wearing my white Heritage Classic Gionta jersey for the first two games. Do I switch to a red one for tomorrow and the away luck continues with the Gionta one, or do I continue wearing the white one despite us coming home?

I was feeling the Gionta one.
That's a tough call.

I'll go out on a limb and say you switch to the team colors and wear the red one. But if the Habs lose it will be your fault only. LOL

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 09:57 AM
louisboi514

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
That's a tough call.

I'll go out on a limb and say you switch to the team colors and wear the red one. But if the Habs lose it will be your fault only. LOL
yep that's a tough one...!
It depends what your initial motivations were. Did you intentionally wear the white one because the habs were away, or did it just happen randomly? If it happened randomly stick with it, but if you wore it 'cause they were away, then stick with your logic and switch to the red one.

louisboi514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 10:05 AM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisboi514 View Post
I hate those ridiculously Biased CBC broadcaster. right after this borderline interference clearly shoulder on shoulder hit "AWWRG IM A PISSED OFF MAPLE LEAFS FAN SINCE 1967 AND THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!! WHAT A DISGUSTING HIT BY ANDREI KOSTITSYN WHO "HAPPENS" TO PLAY FOR AN ORGANIZATION WHO'S SUCCESS I AM TOTALLY JEALOUS OF!" - That being said: haters gonna hate
CBC has long been a joke for Hab fans. There are very few of them who are impartial. Cherry at least admits he's a Leaf fan (still think he's a knob though).

I think the bias against the habs for the Bruins series is based more on perceived viewer demographics. They think more of their viewers will be Leaf fans and as a result pander towards their hatred of us. I'm sure they've done polls etc.... but I don't think this is a particularly effective strategy. The habs have always had a strong english fanbase in the rest of the country who have been fed a strong diet of the Leafs forever. We find other ways to watch our team (I Have RDS) during the regular season and can usually count on hab games in the playoffs. The CBC gets first crack at the broadcasts, but I'm sure TSN would love to have the Hab games.

I can't remember the last time the Laffs and habs were in the playoffs but I'm sure it was a broadcast friendly schedule and the broadcast were less biased against the habs.

As for the actual hit.... just another example of Lucic being a crybaby. He targets players exactly like this all game long. It's typical Boston.... they've always been whiners and always will be. If that ever changes they may have a chance, until then enjoy watching another team hoist the cup.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisboi514 View Post
yep that's a tough one...!
It depends what your initial motivations were. Did you intentionally wear the white one because the habs were away, or did it just happen randomly? If it happened randomly stick with it, but if you wore it 'cause they were away, then stick with your logic and switch to the red one.
You can wear whichever one you want. The Habs won't lose because you switched your jersey. Reality is waiting for you.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:07 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

I'd love for the Habs to end this in 5... finishing them off in their own barn and watch their fans cry would be hilarious !

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
I'd love for the Habs to end this in 5... finishing them off in their own barn and watch their fans cry would be hilarious !
Nah, Ive been dying to see us win one in 4. Let alone winning at home would make it sweeter. I really hope it happens

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Bacchus1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus1 View Post
I'm going Habs in 7. I think that they will get behind in the first two in Boston, leave Montreal on the brink of elimination, but they fight back, and keep on till the end.

I also see us being so banged up from the series that we are out quickly in the next round.
I called it in 7 .... hope I was right!

Hope my second prediction is wrong, but it looks to be just about right.

Go Habs Go!

Bacchus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 10:12 PM
BigTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus1 View Post
I called it in 7 .... hope I was right!

Hope my second prediction is wrong, but it looks to be just about right.

Go Habs Go!
i called the habs in seven too
lets hope that we're right!

BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote